Page 22 of 182 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    a few in the plus column:
    not totally embarrassed by old stories, revamped and edited
    a particularly frustrating boss is no longer with the company

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    It's my birthday and I got my kitty paw tattoo, finally :3
    Happy belated birthday Hula

Whatever happened to those awesome birthday threads? Have we all gotten so hard, soul less and old? Virtual gifts always seemed the most fun and thoughtful. Gawd, I would just love to just stick my face right into that cake - malted milk balls - yum.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-02-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: cakegasm

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Gawd, I would just love to just stick my face right into balls - yum.
    Fixed.

(ten chars)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I started talking to a girl I was head-over-heels for before my last 2-year relationship. Ended up goin' to her place last night and having a blast, catching up and introducing each other to Spartacus and Breaking bad, hopefully doing it again sometime really soon. The funny thing is, I got in touch with her again because I thought I saw her on campus and wanted to say hey, and not only was the girl I saw not even her, but man, this girl has gotten GORGEOUS in the last couple years. This other girl I thought was her doesn't even compare, haha.

And without trying to sound like a douche - She's totally into me, and that's a really great feeling.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Doctors finally OKed a prescription for new glasses! Now to find some cool frames...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    my girlfraaand comes to visit tomorroww!!!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I know this should probably be in the youtube thread but it cheered me the fuck up some 90's Atari 1040 STE nostalgia:

Rick Dangerous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've lost 16 lbs as of today. Feels good knowing it is working.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Silly little things like an ice cold Dr Pepper after a long day at work.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
    I've lost 16 lbs as of today. Feels good knowing it is working.
    I'm not sure how much I've lost, but I've been losing a bit of weight, too! All that walking when I'm at work, I'll wager.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    The old band is getting back together after hiatus! I think I mentioned this before, but ideas are now flying through the intertubes! It'll be tough, we're in Vancouver, Toronto, and Portland, so it's a long distance relationship. But INTERNET! I may buy a Kaoss pad...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That girl I mentioned before? Spending the night tonight. Is it weird that I'm actually more excited just to be spending a fun night with her at my place than I am about the possibility of sexy time?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    programmed drums for 8 hours today... towards the end of that marathon session, I was sure it was all turning into incomprehensible bullshit. Took a step back, ate dinner, and listened again, and I think it's the best thing I've done by a mile.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Right here, sweetie and thank you for that; it made my day!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    In addition to having a great time with my girlfriend this weekend, I had an awesome class last night. We skyped with one of my professor's former co-workers and asked him questions regarding his field of study; equity and diversity issues in science education. After I asked my question, and he answered, he told me that if I ever wanted to get my PhD/do post-doc work to send him my resume.

Pretty Schweet!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    asked him questions regarding his field of study; equity and diversity issues in science education.

Pretty Schweet!
    Pray tell more.

I did a zen meditation retreat for three days. Silent for three whole days. It was hard as all, but I did it. Me so proud of me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I did a zen meditation retreat for three days.
    Jealous!

My daughter excited to see Ingrid Michaelson with me the end of this month.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pray tell more.
    Well, the guy was Alberto Rodriguez. He's pretty well respected researcher with regards to issues of equity and diversity (here's a good example of his work). A lot of the questions that other students in the class had asked dealt with students, parents, how do I get people involved, etc. I just asked if he felt that, in his experiences at different universities, teacher education programs did an adequate job of preparing pre-service teachers with tools to deal with equity and diversity in their classroom in a meaningful way. He told me about a longitudinal study he is working on that addresses this. I then asked him what sort of outcomes he is expecting, and how to present them to further the issue and advance the cause. After explaining to me how he plans on collecting information and using it, he dropped the "and if you ever want a place to study/get your PhD/etc, get in touch!" Made me feel pretty good!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Watching one of my favorite authors talk on YouTube about the direction of the novel and debate people while being preposterously well spoken, and funny, and ridiculously good looking.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Saw a goddamn huge meteor while at work last night. Also, when the moon was on the horizon it was the colour of rust. QUIT BEING SO FUCKING COOL, SPACE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a nice hike today and passed this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Very life-like, but I can see the strings holding it up.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Worked on topology ALL day in a panic trying to get it done before 5 when it was due. Turned it in. Then came back, washed a load of laundry, made vegan cookies, rice, dal, and a potato spinach dish. Now back to math for most of the weekend, but at least got some things done that had been bugging me all week.

Also bought a really cool rice cooker - it is made of stainless steel, and the same on that my friend and sushi maker uses at her asian grocery shop (I bought it from her). You can cook other stuff in it besides rice.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I got two jobs yesterday! The first is doing maintenance work for my apartment complex. This is awesome, because not only does it completely pay my rent for working 14 hours a week, but I can get a pet without having to pay the pet fees, covered parking, and all sorta cool little things. Also, since now I can renew my lease for next year and get $50 off my monthly rate, that means I'll have to work less once that rolls around.

I also heard from another apartment complex, jut cleaning up some more for them. That'll be another 10 ish hours a week to cover my spending/gas/food money. If the work load is manageable, I may even take a third odd job for like, 3-5 hours a week. There are a lot of those here.

Now if I can get this homework out of the way today, I'll be set. Time to make a bitchin' breakfast.

OH! And I scored high enough on one of my mid-terms that I no longer have to take the final. YEEES.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I just got an offer to project manage and put together a quick research group for an exchange program between Sweden and the Canary Islands. I'm off to Gran Canaria - Las Palmas next friday!

Last edited by hobochic; 10-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn! That's fucking amazing, congratulations!

Edit.
    I finally started my AmeriCorps application process and I when I got to the part about a motivational statement- I WASN'T completely terrified of having to write for once! At first I hesitated and decided to work on it tomorrow because I've had a long day, but all I have been thinking about is why the hell AmeriCorps appeals to me so much especially since I was so sure I was going to go into the art industry business (because I thought I'd be "happy just being around art") and ultimately how both those things change how I feel about myself as an artist to begin with. I just started a rough draft of my statement anyways and I've already got three paragraphs down. I feel so damn happy that I have something to say and that I'm actually writing it successfully! (I made my dad proof read already.)
    I also had a brainstorm earlier today for ideas for a project that my friend and I want to collaborate in eventually. I'm proud of my brain right now <3 It's nice to feel that I'm not completely useless outside the school environment (I'm probably going to be repeating that last part to myself for a long time).
    Last edited by halloween; 10-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    So I just got an offer to project manage and put together a quick research group for an exchange program between Sweden and the Canary Islands. I'm off to Gran Canaria - Las Palmas next friday!

What that map doesn't show you is the swingers fucking in the sand dunes. Watch out/have fun!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    What that map doesn't show you is the swingers fucking in the sand dunes. Watch out/have fun!
    Guess we'll have to include swingers fucking in sand dunes to the research now. Thanks!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Guess we'll have to include swingers fucking in sand dunes to the research now. Thanks!
    I assumed that was the research.. Congratulations.