Page 141 of 182 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 5443

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The car ahead of us in line at KFC tonight bought our dinner. This has literally never happened to us, though we try to do it every few months. In light of everything else happening at the moment, that is pretty fucking stellar and maybe gives me hope that society is gonna take care of each other.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The car ahead of us in line at KFC tonight bought our dinner. This has literally never happened to us, though we try to do it every few months. In light of everything else happening at the moment, that is pretty fucking stellar and maybe gives me hope that society is gonna take care of each other.
    one day at work about a month ago, i got 15 people to pay it forward in the drive-thru. it was amazing. made me cry.

thanks to everyone from the board who bought my new album yesterday and helped me raise money for a good cause! y'all are the best <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    one day at work about a month ago, i got 15 people to pay it forward in the drive-thru. it was amazing. made me cry.
    That’s awesome! Wow!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That’s awesome! Wow!
    ended with our grumpiest (not meanest, just grumpiest) old man customer who was just like "ok" when i told him the car in front of him paid and he was the 16th car in the line. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, @allegate , holy shit, dude. thank you for buying so much of my music. i really hope you enjoy it. means a lot to me <3
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-22-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    So there's a Bing bonus today that's about dog breeds. I'm laughing at it because when you click that, it gives you this message:

What breed is that dog?
    Identify a dog's breed, learn about its temperament, find similar dogs, and more. Upload a photo or take a picture with your phone to try it.
    and below that there are four pictures of dogs. Fair enough. I dragged one of the dogs to the box to see what breed it was and got this message:
    We couldn't find any results
    Make sure the subject is well lit and centered
    I had to laugh at that.

Hell, it even says "demo images" in the url for the dog, and it couldn't figure it out?

that looks well lit and centered to me? lol

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    So there's a Bing bonus today that's about dog breeds. I'm laughing at it
    HAAAAAHAHAHA Bing is really batting a 0 with this one! FAIL! wtf.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My wife and I had the surgical consult call yesterday and finally got our first good news through this whole breast cancer situation: her right breast is stage 1 and left is stage 0. Pretty much as good as it could be aside from not being there at all. All options are available to her so now it's up to her to decide the course of treatment she wants to undergo.

It still pisses me off that neither the radiologist who called earlier this week about scheduling another MRI and biopsy nor her coordinator who is supposed to be the go-to resource for everything and our main point of contact bothered to share this information that they've had for about two weeks now, but at least we know now. The sense of relief was fucking enormous.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This cheered me up:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    As a big motorsport fan, I'm always looking forward for the winter to end finally, when all the good racing (Moto GP, BTCC, IndyCar, F1) starts... not this year. F1 is trying some online gaming stuff (youtube broadcast) and so far it was seriously terrible (I'm also simracer myself a bit). But, yesterday there was online IndyCar race and it proved that yes, this can be done properly - with real drivers, real simulation (iRacing including damage), replays... and there will be more. Yes we have bigger problems now but I needed this. (I think NASCAR is also doing something)

I sometimes partially joke that all children should do a bit of simracing, because you need to prepare for race, practice, think about strategy, remember the track, stay focused for a long time, fight for position but fair play, learn to lose... see? Told you! ,-)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I found my new favourite artist.

Best comment: “we must protect this man at all costs”.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    working on an EP of covers that i'm going to use to raise money for Chicago Mutual Aid.

pretty much done with 3 of the 4 songs (pj harvey's teclo, low's anon, and the cure's the figurehead). was originally going to do "the aeroplane flies high" by the smashing pumpkins as my fourth song, but i'm thinking of doing "distilled" by blonde redhead instead.

anyway, i'm at a point in my musical journey where i feel really confident doing a cover and having it sound like a balanced blend of the original song, but done in my style. really happy with how these are turning out so far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The farting sounds coming out of ETS is really cheering me up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Wife's coronavirus test came back negative.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    i forgot what date it was hahaha i scrolled and my wife went "...was that you?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Why is it doing that? April 1st i guess?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also came hear to write that. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by laz001 View Post
    Why is it doing that? April 1st i guess?
    Definitely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i thought i had downloaded some obscure malware for a good ten minutes before i remembered what day it was

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    New "oatmeal" about working from home. :-)

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/working_home

Edit: I was wrong, it's not "new", but anyway...
    Last edited by Substance242; 04-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I have now met three different cats in my neighborhood and know where each of them live. All will quickly trot out to the sidewalk for scritches when called. Two of them even purr loud enough to hear over the ambient noise from the main road nearby.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    A bit of good news, I applied for a ground locator tech job a couple weeks back on a whim, marking power lines and such with the orange paint, i had an interview last week and today I was offered the position. If all goes well I may be moving on from the kitchen life. Starting pay isn't that great but it has benis starting right away and I'd get a company truck, phone and laptop to use for work. A bit nervous but excited at the same time. I think driving around solo and walking around should be kinda fun. I still need to do some stuff so I'm not sure if it's set in stone but I passed a bckground check at my last job and passing the drug test shouldn't be an issue. I will say I was kinda looking forward to the potential extra $600 from unemployment but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    A bit of good news, I applied for a ground locator tech job a couple weeks back on a whim, marking power lines and such with the orange paint, i had an interview last week and today I was offered the position. If all goes well I may be moving on from the kitchen life. Starting pay isn't that great but it has benis starting right away and I'd get a company truck, phone and laptop to use for work. A bit nervous but excited at the same time. I think driving around solo and walking around should be kinda fun. I still need to do some stuff so I'm not sure if it's set in stone but I passed a bckground check at my last job and passing the drug test shouldn't be an issue. I will say I was kinda looking forward to the potential extra $600 from unemployment but it is what it is.
    Wow, that’s great news!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Pieris (Andromeda) is blooming in our backyard. The scent is beyond heavenly! The only plant with a more heavenly scent is night-blooming cereus but that's an indoor plant (in our climate) and it usually blooms on September 11, give or take a few days. The cereus we have was passed down from my wife's grandmother. Who is most likely the person who also planted the Pieris in our yard.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I ordered a set because just looking at that brought a huge smile to my face.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

the new song i did that's coming out on a charity compilation friday got premiered on a friend's radio show last night! (she also has a song on the comp, which is how we started talking)

she also played an older song of mine. makes me really happy that people (besides @botley & @allegate - thanks again y'all) are finally starting to notice my music!

p.s. not sure why it's showing the previous tweets as well...weird.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    "Little things that cheer you up": this board. Seriously. Thanks for making this a great community. I love you guys. Nobody always sees eye-to-eye, but this is basically my favourite online board and music community. Shout out in particular to @eversonpoe , @botley , @Jon , @Leviathant , @chuckrh , @Erneuert and @DVYDRNS in recent times, I am definitely forgetting some handles here so sorry about that. Happy New Year!

Have not been on here in some time. but whatever I did to make you feel better about life, I'm glad. and thank you

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

https://hopeversushaterecords.bandcamp.com/

the compilation i'm on is out today!!!

£8 gets you 56 songs (over five hours of music!) and the money goes to amnesty international UK.

really proud to be a part of this with a bunch of amazing artists, all of whom are working to make the metal world a place free of facism, racism, sexism, and all of the other things that are inherently awful.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    somehow came across this today.

and this was also referenced.

https://archive.org/details/youtube-09wBn4ux3N0

and now I'm crying. how can it have been so long and it still hits me this hard.