Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Patton

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Don't hold your breath on that. I know Trevor has been adamant in his refusal to play anything from their albums etc. I would be downright shocked if they did ANYTHING off California or the 1st album. My guess is they do the demo and a couple of cover songs and thats it. Dead Cross was playing 40 min headline sets so its nothing new for Patton and Lombardo....The only song I can picture them bringing back is a 20 minute version of 'Everyone I Went To HS With Is Dead".....Almost a 0% chance they start playing other songs from the catalog.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Second date added for all three cities.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Don't hold your breath on that. I know Trevor has been adamant in his refusal to play anything from their albums etc. I would be downright shocked if they did ANYTHING off California or the 1st album. My guess is they do the demo and a couple of cover songs and thats it. Dead Cross was playing 40 min headline sets so its nothing new for Patton and Lombardo....The only song I can picture them bringing back is a 20 minute version of 'Everyone I Went To HS With Is Dead".....Almost a 0% chance they start playing other songs from the catalog.
    why is trevor so reluctant to play their material?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why is trevor so reluctant to play their material?
    I am friends with people who know him well, and I have met him a few times....I think he just doesn't want to be perceived as a band doing a reunion tour and playing the "hits" etc.....Ironically it was his idea to do the 86 demo....

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my LA night one tix. W00t!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    New Trevor interview.. Basically squashes any chances of them playing anything from the albums (like I predicted) and also squashes any idea of a full on reunion. Basically these shows are a one and done

What can be expected from these shows? Who's taking part and who's not?
    The band will be Trey, Mike, myself with the edition of Lombardo and Scott Ian. The other guys in “Bungle proper” are aware of our activities and we have their blessings. This project pre-dates them and since the entire idea came out of knowing and playing with Dave it makes sense to approach it this way. We will play The Raging Wrath in it's entirety, along with a couple songs from that era we never played before as well as some classic punk covers. I want to be clear to those out there who might be confused (understandably): WE ARE NOT PLAYING ANYTHING FROM OUR 3 WARNER BROS RECORDS. These will be THRASH METAL SHOWS at 1986.

You always said that if you were ever to be reformed it would be to do something totally new. So, not playing anything from your WB records is precisely not returning to things as they were left in 2000, right? That's true, but we are, in fact returning to 1986. We started out as a metal band and we were coming from metal 100%. As the original quartet, with Jed Watts, we only played a handful of shows: I'm recalling three or four max. Keep in mind, this isn't exactly a reunion. We are, again, only playing a handful of shows. It's a bit of a tease, I know. And a lot of Bungleheads will be left out, but we're just doing what we've always done, which is whatever we want. And right now we want to play thrash metal.

After the 3 or 4 shows scheduled, is there an open possibility for something else or is that yet to be seen? Highly unlikely.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks like they played Retrovertigo at a Mondo Cane show! Also looks like Mike is growing his hair out again.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    whoa, it's weird seeing him with longer hair again

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Longest his hair has been since 1990/91......

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Wonder if he’s doing it specifically for the Bungle shows. It’s not a real 80s thrash metal show without long hair!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the glasses and the longer hair he looks oddly like Jim Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Full Retrovertigo

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    here's another Retrovertigo vid from the next night. I think he sounds better in this one. also...braided hair, hah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Faith No More currently have a countdown on their website along with a picture of Mt Cook in New Zealand ????

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    Faith No More currently have a countdown on their website along with a picture of Mt Cook in New Zealand ????
    Ends Tuesday at 2pm EST.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Ends Tuesday at 2pm EST.
    Australia/Nz tour apparently

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    Australia/Nz tour apparently
    I sure hope that's not all it is. The timing for the timer ending wouldn't make a lot of sense either, as it'd be super early in the morning in those places.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Turns out it was just European festival dates.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd say I'm disappointed. Was kinda prepared for it though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    added UK headlining dates. Maybe US dates coming eventually.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Patton will be performing a 16th century Chinese military instruction manual with avant-garde artist Laurie Anderson in San Francisco next month. That is not a sentence I ever expected to type out, yet somehow not at all surprising, being Patton.

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13870490/h...th-mike-patton

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Patton will be performing a 16th century Chinese military instruction manual with avant-garde artist Laurie Anderson in San Francisco next month. That is not a sentence I ever expected to type out, yet somehow not at all surprising, being Patton.

https://www.kqed.org/arts/13870490/h...th-mike-patton
    major props to Rae for mentioning hemophiliac. still pissed i missed out on the limited edition double CD (but at least i have the zorn 50th birthday celebration album they recorded live).

also, given the lyrics in aktion 13F14 by tomahawk, this does not even remotely surprise me.

oh, and i wanna hear that anderson/riley/zorn collaboration. any idea if it's available anywhere?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, and i wanna hear that anderson/riley/zorn collaboration. any idea if it's available anywhere?
    Looks like there's clips on youtube.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not the biggest Patton fan, but I am so glad I got to see him with Dillinger a couple years ago. That was a wonderful experience. I didn't know the words to any of the EP outside of Come to Daddy, but I still found in to an incredible set.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/fai...any-new-music/

So dissapointingly, they've 'no plans to record any new music' right now. Instead finally feeling comfortable to go out and just play the old stuff once more.

Quite a shame really as they seemed to make the smartest move at the end of that original reunion tour, when they recognised that it was beginning to wear thin just touring the old albums, and that new stuff had to come into play to make further reunion activity viable.

Also quite sad given it wasn't that long ago Roddy was saying how some of the guys occasionally meet up and jam on new stuff to work out what's coming next. Hopefully the tour will change their minds.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/fai...any-new-music/

So dissapointingly, they've 'no plans to record any new music' right now. Instead finally feeling comfortable to go out and just play the old stuff once more.

Quite a shame really as they seemed to make the smartest move at the end of that original reunion tour, when they recognised that it was beginning to wear thin just touring the old albums, and that new stuff had to come into play to make further reunion activity viable.

Also quite sad given it wasn't that long ago Roddy was saying how some of the guys occasionally meet up and jam on new stuff to work out what's coming next. Hopefully the tour will change their minds.
    Mind you they were saying something similar last time around and then they started playing Matador.
    I remember there being an interview from about Sol Invictus where they said they had song recorded for that album that they were saving or something.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    new tetema in April. Hell fuckin yeah. Loved the 1st album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    new tetema in April. Hell fuckin yeah. Loved the 1st album.
    i also loved the first album but i already like this song more than anything that was on that! hot damn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was thinking the other day about his vocal performance on this one, so I'll put it here for anyone who's never heard it.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, it looks like more tix have just been released on AXS for all three LA Bungle dates.