Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    To say "if Trent wanted to he would do it" is awfully reductionist when you consider how long the physical Mank set took to materialize. That film had a favorable director who would have been on board with a physical release and had extensive art presentation in the can well before the retail ever saw the light of day yet it took...years. And there is no way extended vinyl lead time was the sole reason for that delay.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Heck I'd be happy with a hi-res version like they did for The Social Network but with an Atmos / surround version as well.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    That film had a favorable director who would have been on board with a physical release and had extensive art presentation in the can well before the retail ever saw the light of day yet it took...years. And there is no way extended vinyl lead time was the sole reason for that delay.
    Backups in vinyl production absolutely could have delayed it for that long. There are a couple artists I know who wanted to do vinyl re-releases around the time the pandemic happened, and they're just now getting released. Someone like Taylor Swift can get their album out no problem because they have clout, but a niche version of an already very niche score? That's not exactly high priority. Everyone might have said "Let's wait for some of this congestion to clear up before we put it out there."

And I'm not saying that Trent & Atticus don't have some say in what gets released, but it's ultimately up to the studio to decide if they want to invest in something like that. Since Netflix has a fairly good relationship with Fincher, I'm sure they were okay with it from the start, but again, between the pandemic and a backlog of vinyl releases, they might have said "We'll do this when the time is right."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    To say "if Trent wanted to he would do it" is awfully reductionist when you consider how long the physical Mank set took to materialize. That film had a favorable director who would have been on board with a physical release and had extensive art presentation in the can well before the retail ever saw the light of day yet it took...years. And there is no way extended vinyl lead time was the sole reason for that delay.
    We're Nine Inch Nails fans... We should be really good at waiting by now... But it's much easier to wait for something when you know it's going to happen. The wait on Mank was what? A year and a half? 2 years? That's nothing... Look at Quake, and Patriots Day... I'm still waiting, patiently.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    Look at Quake... I'm still waiting, patiently.
    I have some incredible news for you.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Backups in vinyl production absolutely could have delayed it for that long. There are a couple artists I know who wanted to do vinyl re-releases around the time the pandemic happened, and they're just now getting released. Someone like Taylor Swift can get their album out no problem because they have clout, but a niche version of an already very niche score? That's not exactly high priority. Everyone might have said "Let's wait for some of this congestion to clear up before we put it out there."

And I'm not saying that Trent & Atticus don't have some say in what gets released, but it's ultimately up to the studio to decide if they want to invest in something like that. Since Netflix has a fairly good relationship with Fincher, I'm sure they were okay with it from the start, but again, between the pandemic and a backlog of vinyl releases, they might have said "We'll do this when the time is right."
    I'd almost buy that had they not managed to put out a promotional pressing, albeit limited, in the interim. All i'm saying is Netflix "being ok with it" and greenlighting after all licensing and legal work is done are two different things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just to chime in with the pain of lack of physical release: literally "one of two manufacturers in the world that produced lacquer discs needed for vinyl masters" burned down few years ago, creating a massive strain in the industry.

TR's mission statement is still releasing records over releasing CDs. If it is going to take years, it'll take years. But that's the reality, and lots of vinyl masters got burned down in California (they produced 70% of the masters). Soon would be an understatement at this point to get a well-produced 12".

I'm happy we have a digital release that goes simultaneously with the movie release. Physical would be great but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Director Jeff Rowe talks for a couple minutes about how Reznor/Ross got involved with and worked on the film, starting at 20:10:
    https://nextbestpicture.com/the-next...ter-jeff-rowe/