After 2 hours or so I finally clicked with a phantom I summoned and managed to best the Abyss Watchers. The first portion of the fight is easy, it's when he has the fire damage aoe in the second half where I fail. By far the hardest fight in game so far. Probably one of my favorite in the series as well because even though the fight was difficult it was very cool and original. I also dig the Abyss Watchers backstory. Also no clue why but I really wanted their gear and the Farron Greatsword. I bought the whole set and the sword. The sword is awesome but slow so I'll have to tailor my playstyle a bit.

On an unrelated note, I was never much of an invader in this series or Bloodborne but I thought I'd try out my new duds and invade. I don't care for it. It's impossible for a fair fight. I invaded 4 times, literally 1v3 every time. I don't want to gank people but fuck. Last invasion was me versus host of ember, a normal phantom and a blue phantom. I nearly killed both the blue and normal phantoms but they recovered with their estrus flasks before I could use the item to ban usage. I then got trapped on a wall and triple teamed to death basically a minute later. I'm done invading.