Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Killer

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The Killer

Fincher, TR/AR, with a script by Andrew Kevin Walker. Guess I’m crawling back to Netflix for awhile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it. I am a big fan of the genre, and this was not exactly an all-timer or a masterpiece, but it was certainly compelling.

Might be sacrilege, but I found this to be a rather subdued Reznor score. The film actually relied a fair amount on silence to balance the lengthy narration and, um, ambitious use of The Smiths catalog.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Expertly shot and well acted. I enjoyed the simplicity of the story and that it focused more on preparation, and waiting around and not action set pieces. The CG seemed more obvious that usual. Some of the dialogue was kind of bad. This movie reminded me a bit of The Counsellor, also starring Michael Fassbender, where these shady characters from the underworld sit around waxing poetic. The constant use of The Smiths was odd, and I can't figure out if that's a comment of the mental state of the character that only listens to one band, or the mental state of Fincher who might obsessed with The Smiths. Do we really need to hear "how soon is now" in another movie as long as we live? Probably, not. The Craft already did it to perfection. The score was pretty unnoticeable apart from the opening theme.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Satisfying piece of entertainment. Of course a movie about obsession and details and preparations&routines from a director who mirrors his subject matter is good. Not a miss,not a masterpiece but good for what it is. It's such a shame Fincher left Mindhunter behind as that was really the most cerebral script he ever touched when it came to true crime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This was our topic on this week's episode of our film podcast if anyone's interested. You can't tell from the thumbnail, but I wore my Nullco Records shirt.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Just started watching this last night. Enjoying it so far.

I loled when I realised why the track “Fuck.” is called Fuck.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I liked it, but it left me a bit cold. What do you think it was trying to say?