Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
You, uh... know alopecia is an autoimmune disease, right?
"Alopecia areata is considered to be an autoimmune disease, although with far less disability and severity than a condition like lupus erythematosus or autoimmune hepatitis."

And from the NAAF...

"Alopecia areata is not medically disabling; persons with alopecia areata are usually in excellent health. But emotionally, this disease can be challenging, especially for those with extensive hair loss."

And just to be clear, Jada herself did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation. It's Will Smith that lost his shit and committed a crime.
Furthermore, I didn't find the joke funny, I mean GI Jane? That's all you got. But some people are defending Smith as if a baldness/alopecia joke warrants physical assault. It doesn't. A joke in poor taste is one thing, physical violence is another I think.

People are using Jada and making her a victim when its really Will that made this such a huge issue by acting like a child. I think her eye roll was appropriate.

And she seems to have a good attitude about her hair loss herself. In her own words...

“Now, at this point, I can only laugh,” Pinkett Smith said in an Instagram video at the time. “Y’all know I’ve been struggling with alopecia and just all of a sudden one day, look at this line right here. Look at that. So it just showed up like that and this is going to be a little bit more difficult for me to hide. So I thought I’d just share it so y’all are not asking any questions.”

She added: “But you know mama’s going to put some rhinestones in there. I’m going to make me a little crown. That’s what mama’s going to do.”

And also, if I am missing information about this particular condition then I will stand corrected. But from what I understand it doesn't affect physical health AT ALL. Just like when men go bald it has to do with hormones and their effect on the immune system causes the hair to not grow back after it falls out.

Also, GI Jane was badass, so theres that.