Page 39 of 75 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2221

Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Samuel L Mutherfucking Jackson is going to make Kong cry, mark my words.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'll admit that that trailer is fucking awesome. But it really seems as if an executive just said "Remember King Kong? Do that....but BIGGER!"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I'll admit that that trailer is fucking awesome. But it really seems as if an executive just said "Remember King Kong? Do that....but BIGGER!"
    Indeed but if Kong is going to fight Godzilla, as rumored on Le Internet, he needs to be THIS BIG.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    James Cameron announced in San Diego that, among other things, The Abyss was recently given a 4K upgrade and will be released on Blu-ray (and quite possibly 4K Blu-ray) as early as next year.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    oh fucking finally! It better be the extended cut!

No news on True Lies?
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 07-25-2016 at 12:12 PM. Reason: I added a question

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No, just The Abyss ​for now. Hopefully TL will come later on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It blows my mind that The Abyss still isn't on Blu-ray, but it sounds like it may be worth the wait. Please, please include all cuts of the movie and pack it with new and existing special features. That would make me so happy. <3

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Abyss' extended cut is a bit heavy-handed IMO, and like Aliens, Titanic and Terminator 2, I'm glad about most of the elements that were cut from the theatrical release.

But yeah, it's bizarre that it's taken this long for an HD conversion - aside from being a project by the writer/director of the two biggest films of all time, it's also a historically significant piece of cinema, from a technical standpoint.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Abyss' extended cut is a bit heavy-handed IMO, and like Aliens, Titanic and Terminator 2, I'm glad about most of the elements that were cut from the theatrical release.
    There's only one cut of Titanic and that's the theatrical one

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I mean the stuff left on the cutting room floor, with Billy Zane's character becoming even more of a cardboard cutout villain.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Oh I see. I think the longer the better!

Speaking of which, if any of you have a chance to see this you should go. I went to the last one they did (with James Horner and James Cameron in attendance) and it was outstanding. Well worth the money!

http://www.royalalberthall.com/ticke.../titanic-live/

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    On a similar note, considering that Cameron finally outdid his own success with Titanic on Avatar, I'm still REALLY hoping he'll eventually go back and finish up a bunch of those deleted/unfinished scenes from the Collector's Edition.

I would fucking LOVE to see that material brought up to the same level as the rest of the movie so it could be seamlessly cut back into it for an Extra Super Extended Deluxe Collector's Edition or w/e someday. So much AMAZING stuff just waiting to be completed!

OMFG, more than ANYTHING I want THIS scene touched-up and put back in. It already looks amazing, I can only imagine how badass it would be if given the FULL CGI treatment!

Plus, it just needs to be back in the movie, PERIOD. I would have fucking STOOD UP AND CHEERED if the biggest movie of the year had basically forced general audiences everywhere to sit through a drugged-out TOOL video all of a sudden, lol.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah I'd also like to see some of the cut sequences focusing on the supporting cast adding back into the movie. Michelle Rodriguez' character, particularly, gains a huge amount from being fleshed out properly in the cut material.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maybe when they release Avatar 2 to 568 they'll do a super duper cut edition. I'm hoping they release the extended cut in 3D. They'll probably do that when Avatar 2 comes out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Remember people: James McAvoy can do no wrong. M. Night can do a lot of wrong.

But this looks good though.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ OMFG, I am ALL OVER IT. Thanks for the heads-up! Looks great.

Been crushing on VVitch-girl HARD lately. She IS a woman now after all, lol. Nice to see her as a brunette, btw. I eagerly await her eventual performance as a redhead!

And, yeah...McAvoy is ALWAYS reliably awesome. If you haven't seen Victor Frankenstein yet I'd HIGHLY recommend that you do so ASAP. He fucking KILLS IT.

Oh, and I finally saw The Sixth Sense. Been meaning to for AGES since I generally love Shyamalan's films (and because Manson's cover of "I Put a Spell on You" was in all the trailers, w00t), I just never really had the chance. I've seen almost all of his other films in theaters, though! I don't generally go for ghost-shit movies but it really DID live up to the hype. So glad I finally saw it!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I generally love Shyamalan's films
    Me too! I REALLY don't understand the hate.

I fucking ADORED, for instance, Lady in the Water, Signs, Unbreakable, and the Village. I REALLY dug The Happening. I was kind of meh about devil, but it was a good flick. I haven't seen After Earth or Airbender.

But M Knight Shyamalamanan is one of my favorites. One thing that REALLY gets under my skin is people, years later, picking at plot holes in signs, people who liked it the first time around.

Oh, and the first season of Wayward Pines was top notch. I wish he would have stayed on for the second season because now i'm just watching it on GP.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Disappointing, if not entirely unsurprising...

Michael Keaton on Beetlejuice 2: "It's possible that ship has sailed.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    And, yeah...McAvoy is ALWAYS reliably awesome. If you haven't seen Victor Frankenstein yet I'd HIGHLY recommend that you do so ASAP. He fucking KILLS IT.
    I saw Victor Frankenstein in theater, actually. I'm a big fan of McAvoy and even if the movie he's in ends up disappointing, he's always good in his role.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34...und-shinigami/
    Willem Dafoe as Ryuk? I think I might actually be interested in this version now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The shot of the soldiers seeing planes coming is outstanding. As is the one with the bodies in the foreground.

I can't wait

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm one of the biggest fans of The Crow you'll find. Graphic novels, original printings, statues, I got it all man....which hurts because I'm still in the camp of 'Let This Thing Die'.

Jason Momoa is officially the new reboot lead.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not sure what this means as to the fate of True Detective season three, but a new Nic Pizzolato drama starring Robert Downey Jr. is apparently in the works at HBO.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Anyone watching The Leftovers? Thoughts?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Anyone watching The Leftovers? Thoughts?
    Seen all episodes so far. Love it to death.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)