Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I watched a bunch of episodes with Robert Patrick (with whom I share a birthday, mind you) but I have missed the episode little bro Richard was in. Which one was it again?

The episode called "Filter".

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    yeah but come on, no one really cares about seeing them again
    Now considering paying for a facepalm function

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'll facepalm the post for you for a small fee

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    lol, sorry dude, i just remember thinking they were totally boring and had very few good episodes. Reyes in particular was terribly underwritten. Just a flat, lifeless character. Doggett actually had a bit more substance and personality, but there was just something kind of awkward about his presence in the show. Mulder and Scully had chemistry and a certain sense of balance. Doggett just never clicked with me, the guy always felt like a third wheel.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    lol, sorry dude, i just remember thinking they were totally boring and had very few good episodes. Reyes in particular was terribly underwritten. Just a flat, lifeless character. Doggett actually had a bit more substance and personality, but there was just something kind of awkward about his presence in the show. Mulder and Scully had chemistry and a certain sense of balance. Doggett just never clicked with me, the guy always felt like a third wheel.
    Mulder + Scully + 7 seasons = Chemistry

Reyes + Doggett + Scully + Only 2 seasons = Decent Chemistry

Reyes and Doggett couldn't even get into anything that didn't deal with Mulder's abduction. Every bit of the Mythos for those seasons related to him. I think they deserve more credit as actors and character than what most give credit for.

I say this as a full on Mulder and Scully fan. Reyes and Doggett were both good in their own regards. They were dealt a shit hand by their timing and who they came in after. I guarantee if the X-Files was a new show in 2002 and they were front runners it would've been a smash hit like it was in 1993.

I didn't mind seasons 8 and 9. I find 8 stronger than 7 most of the time. 7 was weird. 9 was complete throwaway, sans 4 to 5 episodes.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I liked Doggett's backstory re: the murder of his young son.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Hmmm, okay so is Reyes/Doggett appreciation a common thing among the fan community? Maybe I'm out of touch, but I thought it was just universally accepted that they sucked. That always seeded like the general consensus among every xfiles fan I've ever met.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My issue is that you build two characters over the course of two seasons, then give them no closure. I didn't mind them though. Good, but nowhere near as good as Mulder. When it was just Doggett and Scully, it was cool. Different, but I liked it. Then Reyes cokes in, and it kind of got convoluted. Season 9 was a mess though.

Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with just brief mention of them and what happened to them after the ending. Tie up the loose ends.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mix of spoilers and speculation involving Reyes below -

Spoiler: She's in one episode. Rumours before the announcement (she was coming back but Doggett wasn't) put this at episode four, which is the apparent "Satanic serial killer" episode. Interesting callback to her character's origin story but I have this feeling she's going to end up as a victim of said killer.

I liked Reyes in the show, but I hated Doggett. He was so bland and Robert Patrick's decision to just shout at everyone got old pretty quickly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Confirmation of the episode titles for the last 3 episodes:

#4 - Spoiler: Babylon
    #5 - Spoiler: Founder's Mutation
    #6 - Spoiler: My Struggle II

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Confirmation of the episode titles for the last 3 episodes:

#4 - Spoiler: Babylon
    #5 - Spoiler: Founder's Mutation
    #6 - Spoiler: My Struggle II

They can fuck off if they think fans are only going to be happy with 6 eps.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I get the impression that fox has very little faith in it. If the six do well, maybe we'll get more. But with six episodes, they're not investing nearly as much as a movie or full season. I really wonder if they can really make six episodes work though. I just have a bad feeling that some of it will feel rushed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I get the impression that fox has very little faith in it. If the six do well, maybe we'll get more. But with six episodes, they're not investing nearly as much as a movie or full season. I really wonder if they can really make six episodes work though. I just have a bad feeling that some of it will feel rushed.
    That was my concern too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm game even though 6 episodes is idiotic as shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm game even though 6 episodes is idiotic as shit.
    All we can do is hope it does well enough to get more in the future. But yeah, six episodes is extremely underwhelming. 10 is more reasonable.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    All we can do is hope it does well enough to get more in the future. But yeah, six episodes is extremely underwhelming. 10 is more reasonable.
    It's not enough to warrant a return. It'll be done in a month. They're airing two episodes back to back two consecutive days. One on Premiere night (Sunday) and normal time and day on Monday.

I also love CSM but I hope and echo replies I've stated pages back they don't retcon Spoiler: his black hawk missile death in The Truth and use the lame cloning excuse for why he's around (I know they'd go that angle SO HARD). I hope he's just flashbacks only.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey y'all-is The Lone Gunmen worth watching? I have it but i've never watched it.

As far as the whole Reyes/Dogbert thing, i didn't like them originally.
    But when i went back and streamed the whole series recently, i DID like them-a lot.
    I think that the new blood actually gave the show a much needed shot in the arm. It was getting the tiniest bit tedious.

And about the 6 episodes thing-yes. It's a motherfucker. But at least it's SOMETHING.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, apparently there's a blu ray boxset of the complete series coming out in December.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So the blu-ray season sets are out...I bought season one for the fuck of it since it's 20.00. I didn't open it as I'm debating on returning it or not. A few other seasons aren't expensive either (3, 5 and 6 being 15.00 on amazon!) so I'm still thinking on it. However,

I own all of the Collector's Edition season sets on DVD. So this brings me to a question/offer. Is anyone here interested in buying my sets? I'd be willing to part with them for a good price if I have any takers. Please, shoot me a PM.

Also, one month before the revival!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If I had the money, I'd buy all of them in a heartbeat. When I get my shit straightened out, I will. I have the dvds. But, I bet this will look much, much better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm glad about this:

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Duchovny stated that if the miniseries is a success, he would be interested in another renewal, stating, "I would be open to doing another cycle. I don't know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don't know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn't bring it back with the idea of ending it."[54]

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Six still just doesn't seem like much to work with. 10-12 would been nice. Six just feels like it'll be over when it starts.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    It's almost time! i can't fucking wait.like 48 more hours, right?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    We get it on TV on the 31st here. Looks like I'll have to torrent!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I saw a clip i think from the first episode of the new stuff and it was really weird... the dialogue delivery was very awkward like oddly timed or something. I really hope this doesn't end up sucking.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Can't wait!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    How long before it airs in the US now? A few hours?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    How long before it airs in the US now? A few hours?
    2 hours and 45 minutes for my time.