Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1794

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yeah outside of the incredible visual of seeing past and present NIN members, kind of shocked the only surprise song wise was a Filter cover lol

Maybe I’m not too bummed that I didn’t pay scalper price for tickets.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Intentionally putting “head like a hole” after HM,NS given the nature of the song? lol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Did they really not play Hurt?? That's pretty surprising! Very jealous of everyone who was there tonight! Also, I want one of those posters signed by all nine members (past & present) REAL bad!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Richard Patrick can die happy now.
    I can die happy now. What an experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm kinda surprised the setlist wasn't more tilted towards early stuff. With all the nostalgia they invoked by the lineup, I thought they might do one of those pre-Fragile setlists or something similar.
    Last edited by trollmanen; 09-24-2022 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Did they really not play Hurt?? That's pretty surprising!
    That has to be the biggest shocker.

Joking aside, Danny and Charlie again on stage with NIN is something I really really wish to see live. Clouser + theremin in Sin would make me react like Knives seeing Sexbob-omb

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Shook by what I just witnessed. They did film this, but you know how this band is with live releases.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Posted on the Discord tonight ... interesting ...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm not liking that "IF" in there. I'd welcome a much different tour, but there'd better be another one!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    For better context...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Man, now I really want to go to the James gang thing. I know it’s just gonna be a bunch of hits, but knowing it’ll be the last show for sure with this lineup

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The way I look at it and I may be reaching, but I think Trent was wanting to shake up Nine Inch Nails live for awhile outside of maybe it's live DNA.

I feel like when those Year Zero songs started to make their debut in 2007 was experimentation for something out of the rock band format ... and I'm really, really curious to hear how those rehearsals in 2013 went when Adrian Belew and Eric Avery were official members for a bit. Maybe it just didn't click, and then it was easier to expand the "rock band" sound a bit resulting in Tension.

And then Cold and Black and Infinite's ace up its sleeve was the unpredictability nature of the rock band live, almost like Wave Goodbye was a tease for what C&B&I would end up being.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Man, now I really want to go to the James gang thing. I know it’s just gonna be a bunch of hits, but knowing it’ll be the last show for sure with this lineup
    I wonder if this means that members will change around or whether it just means they might go back to bigger light shows and more static set lists. Absolutely gutted there has been no shows over in Australia but I get that there’s no festivals for them to play here so financially it probably doesn’t make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    The way I look at it and I may be reaching, but I think Trent was wanting to shake up Nine Inch Nails live for awhile outside of maybe it's live DNA.

I feel like when those Year Zero songs started to make their debut in 2007 was experimentation for something out of the rock band format ... and I'm really, really curious to hear how those rehearsals in 2013 went when Adrian Belew and Eric Avery were official members for a bit. Maybe it just didn't click, and then it was easier to expand the "rock band" sound a bit resulting in Tension.

And then Cold and Black and Infinite's ace up its sleeve was the unpredictability nature of the rock band live, almost like Wave Goodbye was a tease for what C&B&I would end up being.
    I may be wrong but in the q&a yesterday when they were talking about how they’d had people come in for rehearsals who just did not fit in, I imagine that may have been talking about that specific line up as originally it was supposed to have Adrian Belew and Eric Avery. I’m pretty sure that not long after Belew left he wrote some salty comments saying how he was being told that he had to play songs in drop D.

I just can’t see how many of the songs can be reimagined out of the rock band format when bass guitar and drums are key elements to them.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I may be wrong but in the q&a yesterday when they were talking about how they’d had people come in for rehearsals who just did not fit in, I imagine that may have been talking about that specific line up as originally it was supposed to have Adrian Belew and Eric Avery. I’m pretty sure that not long after Belew left he wrote some salty comments saying how he was being told that he had to play songs in drop D.

I just can’t see how many of the songs can be reimagined out of the rock band format when bass guitar and drums are key elements to them.
    I think they may have been referring to even just try outs they've had where it's not so much about the particular precision sometimes, but how you play and feel the music. I get that, I can remember some guys I've played music with before who are super talented, but just don't have the fun energy my other friend who wasn't as good. It's a feeling!

Also, I read up on Adrian's post from Facebook and it was actually while he was in the middle of rehearsal.

And honestly, I feel that it may open the band up to a brand new version of NIN. Maybe it's less aggressive tracks in the loud guitar format, and more focus on other songs or new versions. Time will tell!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Posted on the Discord tonight ... interesting ...
    They will be permanently touring now as a 9-piece, right? .......right?

best-of-anakin-padme-header-thumb-700xauto-235769.png

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Remember during one of Watchmen interviews Trent was asked if they'd like to do a scores/instrumentals tour? TR said they are def up to the idea but they need to catch op on the proper NIN touring first (this was right after the reveal of canceled 2020 tour). Maybe this is what's next? (the scores tour, I mean)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Remember during one of Watchmen interviews Trent was asked if they'd like to do a scores/instrumentals tour? TR said they are def up to the idea but they need to catch op on the proper NIN touring first (this was right after the reveal of canceled 2020 tour). Maybe this is what's next?
    I'm almost thinking this leg was that side of touring, the second iteration of CBI that was to be in 2020, and I'm sure that was going to align with some 2020 Festival dates ... that ended up being 2021 dates ... that ended up being 2022 dates.

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean a scores/instrumental tour!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Seeing Danny and Charlie on stage with the EXACT mannerisms they had 20-30 years ago is blowing my mind. What a treat it must've been for those who were there.

I, too, wonder if Trent will scale up the next live shows to be more effects-focused again. A number of high-profile artists have done this with age. Once you've been around long enough, you have the cash to go all-out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    . That chick screaming sounds possessed ����

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Behind the Music:

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Just be careful on your expectations for that show. In the Upcoming Shows thread for it, we looked at past VetsAid performances, and all the acts only performed about 6-9 songs each. So, you should expect NIN for maybe 45 minutes at the most.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT RICHARD PATRICK IS SINGING

Anyway, I hate all of you that got to see this & wish horrible things upon you and your entire lineage for generations to come.

Did Patrick continue to sing in a lead manner for the other NIN songs, or really just Eraser & HMNS? Was HMNS tweaked at all, or was it pretty faithful to the original?

Bummed that Trent & Al didn't do Supernaut, but I get it.

Trent's "IF" for NIN touring sucks to read, b/c at the very least I think that means we won't see them doing shows again for a decent amount of time. But I don't believe for a second that he's done doing shows.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Did Patrick continue to sing in a lead manner for the other NIN songs, or really just Eraser & HMNS? Was HMNS tweaked at all, or was it pretty faithful to the original?
    Trent did the rest leads. On Sin, Charlie was rocking theremin and Danny was on bass synth like in the old days. Nothing special for HLAH (all played on what you'd expect). No videos of Wish or Gave Up yet (on youtibe at least, I wasn't checking insta or discord)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Someone on Ally's Facebook post has suggested last night was filmed for future release? No-one else on here has mentioned this, so presume this is BS? Did Trent say anything about the end of this 'presentation' during band introductions - ie this is Ally's last show with the band etc?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Nono!
    Also,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What happened to deep during this tour. Didn’t several folk say it was played during soundcheck and also can anyone confirm if pilgrimage was played during the 2007 shows as I can’t actually find a video of it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Someone on Ally's Facebook post has suggested last night was filmed for future release? No-one else on here has mentioned this, so presume this is BS? Did Trent say anything about the end of this 'presentation' during band introductions - ie this is Ally's last show with the band etc?
    Everyone there reported seeing multiple cameras on stage. That being said, doesn't mean we'll ever see the footage. But we can hope!