Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I am... not seeing the point of this sale, currently. Got in right at 11:00 (local time, anyway. Noon by Cleveland standards), just a few hundred people ahead of me. Got in to the seating chart, plugged in my code via the "Unlock" button and... all that's available are ADA-accessible seats (which require purchase of a "companion" seat as well), and Lawn tickets. And, of course, the $1000 resale tickets I was seeing before.

Anyone else actually see anything interesting at any point in there?

Edit: I take it back slightly -- I did just see a couple tickets pop up in section 38, for the reasonable non-resale prices. They were scapped up by someone else before I could get 'em, though. Looking like pretty much the same story as an hour or so after the initial presales. If you're extremely lucky, you might be able to snag some seats, but I think the volume of tickets in this sale is practically zero. I suspect I am just destined to Not Go To This Show, alas.
    Last edited by xolotl; 04-08-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Well that was a waste of my time

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well Cleveland was a bust. I went from waiting room to the que and was over 700 back. Once in to get tickets there is a unlock button near the top of the menu section. Hit that and input your code. Once that was done the only seats for Cleveland was "LAWN". This Cleveland venue is like Tinley Park in the Chicago area. The LAWN section is up the hill behind the pavilion, super far back. If it rains, you're out of luck. While the show will go on for everyone in the covered section.

I just wanted two pit tickets for me and my buddy. Back to waiting until closer to the show for scalper prices to come down, I hope. Good luck to everyone else going for the other shows today.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Fucking bummer.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like not a whole lot more tickets available this morning? At least you guys got in... I got the email to tell me I was selected for the Red Rocks verified sale but didn't get a text with the code and link last night...haha oh well..

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So just to be clear, do I want to be on THIS page (which is what the link I was texted takes me to)?
    https://www.axs.com/series/13868/nin...heatre-tickets

Or should I click into the page for 9/3 as that's the show I'm attempting to get tickets for?
    https://www.axs.com/events/425567/ni...ls-9-3-tickets

EDIT: I've got them both open to be sure. Not that it seems like it'll matter much either way.

EDIT 2: Had to manually refresh the specific date's page in order to see the 5th option to join the new waiting room for today
    Last edited by klyrish; 04-08-2022 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Fuck that walking man waiting room bullshit. He just reminds me of last time and is making me so angry.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE

Once again, waited in the queue, got to my spot (only took 7 minutes this time) AND THERE ARE NO FUCKING TICKETS AVAILABLE. FUCK YOU, AXS, TICKETMASTER, RED ROCKS, AND ALL YOU DICK-GOBBLING SCALPER SHIT STAINS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE

Once again, waited in the queue, got to my spot (only took 7 minutes this time) AND THERE ARE NO FUCKING TICKETS AVAILABLE. FUCK YOU, AXS, TICKETMASTER, RED ROCKS, AND ALL YOU DICK-GOBBLING SCALPER SHIT STAINS
    Check your PMs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Red Rocks ticket acquired.

This was by far the most pleasant (or, I should say least fucked) ticket buying experience I've had through for this tour.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm convinced there are currently under 500 actual humans attending Red Rocks night 2 based on how the four fucking sales events have gone for it. I am so fucking pissed. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think it was actually going to happen this time...again.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE

Just keep trying. There are still people releasing tickets that they aren't going to buy. I just saw a pair of tickets in row 70, and a single ticket in row 35, for night 1.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    For those who have been to Red Rocks: Section "Accessible 1-2", Row 2 – that's right at the front, right? As in, the 2nd row from the stage. Correct?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Row 37 and 42 or general admission at the back were the best my wife and I could find for both nights at Red Rocks, we chose to release them as it's a $2000-3000 trip from Calgary and we don't know what kind of tour this is going to be yet - hits tour, Bowie covers tour, deep cuts tour, etc.

I wonder why NIN allows Ticketmaster resellers, Rammstein and Foo Fighters had no Ticketmaster resellers on their tours, I wonder how that gets decided?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Just keep trying. There are still people releasing tickets that they aren't going to buy. I just saw a pair of tickets in row 70, and a single ticket in row 35, for night 1.
    I was refreshing for another 15 minutes and just kept getting the "Sorry" message each time and finally gave up. In the process of getting @aleywwu 's tickets, though, so at least it's going to happen.

Eat every fucking dick in the world, Ticketmaster/AXS.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    I wonder why NIN allows Ticketmaster resellers, Rammstein and Foo Fighters had no Ticketmaster resellers on their tours, I wonder how that gets decided?
    I believe the artist can choose whether or not to allow the Ticketmaster Resale platform on their shows.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arewhyehen View Post
    Sounds like not a whole lot more tickets available this morning? At least you guys got in... I got the email to tell me I was selected for the Red Rocks verified sale but didn't get a text with the code and link last night...haha oh well..
    That sucks man.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 04-08-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I believe the artist can choose whether or not to allow the Ticketmaster Resale platform on their shows.
    So, if they choose not to use it, does that mean you can't resell your tickets at all? Or are these shows a special case because of these dynamic barcodes that keep regenerating ever 60 seconds or whatever?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well Cleveland PIT is like > $800, fuck that. I started looking at seats and found front row of section 34 at half the cost of PIT, so I grabbed those. If PIT prices come down, I'll be selling some section 34 front row seats and getting PIT. I figured if I can't get PIT at a reasonable cost then at least I can get decent seats with no one directly in front of me. See you guys in Cleveland!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So, if they choose not to use it, does that mean you can't resell your tickets at all? Or are these shows a special case because of these dynamic barcodes that keep regenerating ever 60 seconds or whatever?

From what I've been told, if there is no Ticketmaster resale then you basically return them to Ticketmaster and they are resold at face value. I've also read that the artists take a cut on the Ticketmaster resale platform. Peep this JO video.

Edited my shitty spelling.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 04-08-2022 at 11:49 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    From what I've been told, if there is no Ticketmaster resale then you basically return them to ticketmaster and they are resold at face value. I've also read that the artis take a cut on the Ticketmaster resale platform. Peep this JO video.

I love his ability to make me laugh while simultaneously enraging me. I can't believe that some bands are in on the scam, too. It's so disheartening. I don't think I'll bother with concerts anymore after this year.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    From what I've been told, if there is no Ticketmaster resale then you basically return them to ticketmaster and they are resold at face value. I've also read that the artis take a cut on the Ticketmaster resale platform. Peep this JO video.

Artists pay Ticketmaster to be the bad guy on their behalf, it's part of their business model.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks to @aleywwu , I am now attending both nights of Red Rocks! What a fucking relief. Seriously, thank you so much!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I love his ability to make me laugh while simultaneously enraging me. I can't believe that some bands are in on the scam, too. It's so disheartening. I don't think I'll bother with concerts anymore after this year.

Man, I didn't mean to kill your sprit. Sorry about that. Info is power so just take that for what it is.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Ticketmaster Resale is Ticketmaster's native secondary marketplace whereby resale tickets appear alongside first party sales on Ticketmaster's platforms. So, if an artist says they don't want to use Ticketmaster Resale, that only means that those red dots (for resale seats) don't appear on the seating map at Ticketmaster alongside the regular tickets. It does not prohibit resell through other platforms, like Craigslist or Stubhub.

The only way they can prohibit resell is if they do electronic tickets where they prohibit transfer to another account. The rotating barcodes/images provides more control over the electronic tickets. For example, if you just have a static electronic ticket (like a QR code or PDF), then you can transfer it to anyone, or even make multiple (fraudulent) copies and sell it to multiple people (it would only work for the first person in the door, obviously). The rotating barcode means that the transfer (but not the sale, necessarily) has to occur through the ticketer's platform. It ensures that the holder of the rotating barcode is the only one who can use it (protecting the buyer against fraud). But it also allows the ticketer to enforce things like non-transferability, if they want (usually only for premium seats or fan club seats).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, yeah. I knew most of that info, but still watched the full 19+ minutes because he made me laugh, while thinking about the company that angers me more than I can express. The Justin Bieber thing was great though.

He didn't talk about the "premium" tickets, but I believe even those are up to the artist. I think they can say whether or not they want to allow them and receive extra profit based on the market value prices. As frustrating as that sounds, yeah, I would rather pay part of that additional cost to the band than a POS scalper, but at the same time, it takes away those face value tickets for real fans who may not be able to afford the premium price at 2-3 times the cost.

Either way, like John said, these guys have a stranglehold on the market and we f*cked haha

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Yeah, I hopped on this sale in the hopes they'd have "scrubbed" some of those $800 resale pit tickets. God all I wanted was a single pit ticket to Cleveland without spending a month's pay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I read yesterday that Robin Finck has dropped out of Danny Elfman's band for Coachella because of NIN commitments. Replaced by Wes Borland, ugh.

Josh is still drumming so its cool. Wouldve been fun to have 2/5 of a NIN lineup during Danny. Although does this lower the chance of a Trent cameo now?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

btw, he barely scraped the surface on what really happens. You dont wanna know how far back and how deep it truly is. He had a golden opportunity to throw some other people under the bus but he didnt have time. This needed an hour long segment but theres no way you keep peoples attention for that long. This is just enough to piss you off. And of course artists are in on it. They cant make money from record sales or streaming. Platinum and dynamic pricing are Ticketmasters new revenue stream. Not straight up sales. There are so many tickets which are platinum from the get go now during an onsale. They dont even let the algorithm take time to figure it out, they just dont care now. And trust me, if you arent somebody that regular goes to concerts and keeps up with what is happening, youre hopelessly out gunned now.

Go read this

https://www.ticketnews.com/2022/02/l...ticket-prices/