Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live 2022 SPOILERS

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    So we can still buy tickets on StubHub? The verbiage before checkout made it seem like reselling was going to be difficult due to how these tickets work. But if it's a valid transaction through StubHub, it's okay? The tickets will work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was an incredibly difficult process and I ended up with nothing for Cleveland presale. I half expected this, though. Good luck to everybody buying during general sale!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    They should have done an ARG to get access to get tickets. That would have been better and a lot of fun... just for the nin fan sale block of tickets though. The rest could still have been sold the regular rip off route on Friday. I'm not mad, I've given in to the fact that I'm just going with fuck it and going secondary market to get either PIT or bad ass seats because it will be the same on Friday. Either way, I'll pick what I want vs. TM/ LN saying, "here, we'll let you in the que, but you can only get these shitty lawn "seats" for the Cleveland Show".

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i naively believed cleveland would be an easy ticket to obtain since the venue is bigger than the last cleveland dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    For a 7,000 seat venue, the eTix presale was painless.

It seems AXS.com had some technical problems given the overwhelming demand of both nights going on sale at the same time. Still, they didn't suck nearly as bad as the fucking elephant in the room.

Ticketmaster/LiveNation are just shitty. With all of the bullshit fees they tack on, you'd think their IT infrastructure would be near flawless for every on sale event. Alas, they can't figure out how to stop resellers & automated bots. If you're logged into your TM account, why do they need to text your phone number to verify your identify, much less EVERY TIME you enter a ticket queue? Not to mention how difficult it is to find ticket pricing & accurate venue seating layouts ahead of the presale. All this said, Dynamic Pricing should never take place during an Artist's presale & Official Platinum tickets are a [expletives deleted] scam!

Anyhow, here's to a healthy and fun 2022 tour with as many tapers doing the Cleveland show as possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Searched relentlessly and about 30 minutes into the Cleveland presale was able to grab pit tickets. Completely shut out of both dates in Denver. Tried the presale in Las Vegas, but kept getting the message about someone else already getting the tickets or it froze. I wasn’t interested in the 200 or 300 seating tiers for the time and money invested.

I know this is just the first presale, but maybe this is a sign to take a moment and reassess if I should invest the time and money into shows that require flights. I’ve flown many times to see them before, but perhaps I should try to be patient for future announcements closer to home. Is it reasonable to be happy with just one show this tour cycle? I don’t know, lol. It’s just so dang hard to not get swept up in the excitement!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    It seems TM paused the Vegas presale & just reactivated it. Snagged a Pit ticket for $269. Not sure if that's the normal or Official Platinum price.
    See, yeah, no.

I wouldn't pay $269 to see Jesus Christ and his All Star Band.

And I'm a left wing Christian.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I decided it was pit or nothing for me for Cleveland. I don't like Cleveland, so if I was going to go there, it was gonna be the pit. Sadly I struck out when I tried earlier today. Hopefully a bigger tour happens next year.

The good news is, I don't have to go to Cleveland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    So we can still buy tickets on StubHub? The verbiage before checkout made it seem like reselling was going to be difficult due to how these tickets work. But if it's a valid transaction through StubHub, it's okay? The tickets will work?
    Ultimately, you're at the mercy of StubHub's reputation, and guarantee. Probably safer than a shady private transaction offering you a screenshot, download, or code (ETS.org members excluded, of course), but not as safe as one mediated by TM, LiveNation, or the venue's own ticket vendor.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    LOL at the idea artists have any leverage over a multi-billion dollar corp ready to burst out of a pandemic to record profits.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Well I guess if you want Red Rocks, now Ticketmaster has a bunch of resell tickets up on their end. Most are GA which will be in back/top behind row 41.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    LOL at the idea artists have any leverage over a multi-billion dollar corp ready to burst out of a pandemic to record profits.
    If they choose not to perform, the promoters have nothing to work with. Hows that for leverage. That just happened with Coachella and them losing Rage Against the Machine in the 11th hour. Again, artists have say, they choose their level of involvement when it comes to touring and what will affect fans who buy their tickets. Platinum ticketing is literally a mouse click that the artist can say does or doesnt happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scored Cleveland tix and first night of Red Rocks. Couldn't get tix for the second night

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    If they choose not to perform, the promoters have nothing to work with. Hows that for leverage. That just happened with Coachella and them losing Rage Against the Machine in the 11th hour. Again, artists have say, they choose their level of involvement when it comes to touring and what will affect fans who buy their tickets. Platinum ticketing is literally a mouse click that the artist can say does or doesnt happen.
    I’ll be honest, I don’t give a shit if they want to algorithm a section or two if the majority of the tickets are reasonably priced. Only speaking for Cleveland as that was the venue I was shopping, that seemed to be the case.

As for artists refusing to play, there’s zero chance RATM sitting out a festival moved any needles at LiveNation. Leverage? They were replaced with Kanye, Harry Stiles, and Billie Eilish. They fell ass backwards into a lineup with equal, if not more, draw than with Rage. And with all due respect to TR, if NIN were to walk from LN terms the revenue loss from six dates doesn’t even register.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I scored a single day ticket to Shaky Knees months ago when it was first announced. Louder Than Life just teased NIN as well. I had such a fun time there last year despite NIN pulling out, I’ll probably go again this year. I also have tentative plans to catch one of the Rammstein shows so that will probably be the end of my concert budget this year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    AXS premium, which I somehow had open from earlier today has a smattering of really good tickets in pairs. If anyone is looking for something specific. I just spent way too much on my dream tickets for Saturday Red Rocks.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's been my dream to see Nine Inch Nails do back to back shows, and I honestly didn't think I'd ever get the chance. So happy I decided to make the trip to Red Rocks this fall. My wife and I's first time going to Denver too!

Good thing there's more chances for those Saturday shows as while I was lucky enough to get Friday, there's no way I'm missing out the next day. I wonder if more tour dates will also be announced? All of this has me really excited for who he'll have open for him too. Would love for Trent to bring Tobacco back, but I'm also not sure who he's been really into musically as of late.

With Yves Tumor, the Flaming Lips, Cat Power, Destroyer, Kraftwerk ALONG with Nine Inch Nails on my upcoming list ... things are really starting to feel ever so normal again. Couldn't have come at a more important time in my life.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I hope he gets DEP to get back together for these shows.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I hope he gets DEP to get back together for these shows.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Think that reunion is getting saved for The Bamboozle next year.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So I'm gonna try to get tickets for at least one night.

I guess that's the morning of the 11th, the next time we can try?

I.don't even have a cell phone. Can I get tickets with my tablet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ended up splurging on the AXS premium tickets for Red Rocks. I have two GA tickets that I'm will to sell at face value ($85) to the Friday Night Red Rocks show. If anyone is interested, please message me.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Europe in the summer?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam. The fact that it's the year 2022 and Ticketmaster still has a stronghold on the industry is just...perplexing. Didn't Pearl Jam circumvent all of this on the "No Code" tour over 25 years ago?? There has to be a better way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam. The fact that it's the year 2022 and Ticketmaster still has a stronghold on the industry is just...perplexing. Didn't Pearl Jam circumvent all of this on the "No Code" tour over 25 years ago?? There has to be a better way.
    In May 1994, the grunge band Pearl Jam filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice claiming Ticketmaster had cut the group out of venue bookings in a dispute over fees.[41] The investigation was closed without action in 1995, though the Justice Department stated it would continue to monitor the developments in the ticket industry.[42][43]Chuck Philips, a reporter who covered the issue,[44][45][46][47] was told by sources close to the case that the investigation was closed due to a combination of a shortage of resources and the case being difficult and having uncertain prospects.[42]
    basically the Justice Department had just came off that big case with Microsoft and they were just too tired to take another one.

and since then they've just stopped trying, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It's been my dream to see Nine Inch Nails do back to back shows, and I honestly didn't think I'd ever get the chance. So happy I decided to make the trip to Red Rocks this fall. My wife and I's first time going to Denver too!
    I saw them two nights in a row at Red Rocks last time around. My first time there. It was the best experience of my life. I sprung for expensive seats night one and ended up sitting next to the guitarist for Jesus Mary Chain, who gave me backstage passes, where we were served BBQ (I didn't meet anyone, too shy anyway). Night two I was in GA and a thunderstorm was rolling in the background.

Seeing your favorite band at Red Rocks is worth every penny. Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    The whole pre-sale experience from yesterday still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I am now looking on StubHub and there are better tickets (for Raleigh) than the ones I got yesterday, for significantly cheaper amounts. This official platinum shit is a straight scam.
    I really wanted GA If I'm flying to las vegas but I got whatever was available so I'm way off to the side. It seems like when I'm in a seat like that people are just semi interested in the band. Maybe I just do Stubhub GA. That's so fucking frustrating. Like I get emails from places with unique one-time use codes all the time so this isn't new technology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice here. I wanted to get a ticket (I don't know anyone else who likes NIN enough to drive 4 hours to see them with me) for the Vegas show. Like all of you guys, I was frustrated by the way the presale worked. Finally around 20 minutes into the presale, I was able to purchase a ticket in section 203 row D. Pretty good, but I had really wanted to get a pit ticket. Scared that if I didn't jump on this ticket, I would get nothing at all, I went ahead and purchased the ticket.

After completing the purchase, just out of curiosity, I rejoined the queue and got back in. And of course, wouldn't you know, I was able to snag a pit ticket. So now I am sitting on a pit ticket (which I intend to use), and a reserved seat ticket (which I don't). Not only do I hate the idea of paying $200 for a ticket that I won't use, I also hate that another fan will be shut out of seeing them due to my impatience and FOMO. I contacted TM, but predictably they informed me that the ticket was not refundable.

So now I am here, asking for some advice from you fine folks. Do I have any options here? I would put it on a resale site if I could, but I don't think that's possible is it? I would price it at a very cheap price, because I just want to get some money back and get it in the hands of a fan. Or if anyone here would like to meet at the venue the day of the show, I guess something could be arranged. I'm not trying to break any rules here or use this site as a selling venue, I'm simply trying to avoid an empty seat at the venue.

Thanks to all!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I really wanted GA If I'm flying to las vegas but I got whatever was available so I'm way off to the side. It seems like when I'm in a seat like that people are just semi interested in the band. Maybe I just do Stubhub GA. That's so fucking frustrating. Like I get emails from places with unique one-time use codes all the time so this isn't new technology.
    I mean, it's probably a bit early to be resorting to parasites like Stubhub, when the public onsale hasn't even happened yet. See what happens on Friday, first, perhaps?

I think there's "LiveNation" presales happening on Thursday as well; I wonder how one gets passwords for those.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    StubHub is probably not to be trusted these days. I tried to get a human being on the phone over the summer because I purchased tickets to Garbage and I never received them (with the concert rapidly approaching). By the day of the show, I still had no tickets and no response. So I had to get Ticketmaster tickets while I was literally tailgating and then luckily Capital One reversed the StubHub charge immediately. StubHub had 90 days to dispute, but never even acknowledged. I wonder if they even have employees anymore or if it’s just machines and algos. Hah..