Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
The concept art is pretty cool though.

On the whole, just the central concept of a film is rarely enough to make it or break it, it's how it will be handled. So, genetically modified dinosaurs, sure, ok. Let's see how it goes.
To be fair, for productions of such a level, no matter how lame the concept itself, the concept art is usually very, very cool. I tend to actually prefer those over the final product, because during that process the artists go wild in every direction in an attempt to nail it. Comparatively, what ends up showing on screen is usually pretty vanilla in comparison.

And I definitely agree with you. Alien, which is one of my favorite movies, has a very tired trope as a basis, and one of the lamest twists ever coming out of absolutely nowhere, namely "suddenly, surprise android !".
That's why you see so many actors trapped in shitty movies ; There is no way to know how a film will be just by the script alone. It can all feel right and end up being butchered by the film maker or the producers, or sound really stupid and end up being handled brilliantly.