169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well... Friday it is:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Running dinosaurs: check.
    Flying dinosaurs: check.
    Running people in appropriate running shoes: check (hopefully).
    Cute baby raptor (who's going to eat you later, fool!): check.
    Erupting volcano: ch... wait, that's new!

"This is going to be awesome": we'll see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Running dinosaurs: check.
    Flying dinosaurs: check.
    Running people in appropriate running shoes: check (hopefully).
    Cute baby raptor (who's going to eat you later, fool!): check.
    Erupting volcano: ch... wait, that's new!

"This is going to be awesome": we'll see.
    If you ask me, there should NOT be cute baby raptors purring like a fucking kitty cat in these movies. That's a facepalm moment for me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Same here. That's the thing about the original novel that put me off the most...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The teaser was goddamn awful. Was it supposed to grab my attention? Well it did, in a bad way.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    [Baby raptors]

Same here. That's the thing about the original novel that put me off the most...
    What? Why?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Why the fuck aren't these going right to home media to be instantly forgotten?

Lost World was only average, III was awful, JW was one of the worst movies of that year.

Please make it stop. Please.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I agree Lost World and III were awful, but i didn't mind World. I mean it was dumb, but i feel it was on the right side of dumb.

The teaser for II isn't doing much for me though

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Lost World could have been better if it stuck closer to the book and removed the silly crap like acrobatic raptor kicking and that whole T-Rex escaping into the city nonsense. Lost World should have had a darker tone like how the book was exposing the dark side of the park. But in the end, I still prefer Spielberg's Lost World over JP3 and JW.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-05-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Lost World could have been better if it stuck closer to the book and removed the silly crap like acrobatic raptor kicking and that whole T-Rex escaping into the city nonsense. Lost World should have had a darker tone like how the book was exposing the dark side of the park. But in the end, I still prefer Spielberg's Lost World over JP3 and JW.
    I think the main thing missing from the sequels was Crichton as a screenwriter. That serious, thoughtful, scientific tone in Jurassic Park has been increasingly lacking from the sequels.

The triumvirate with David Koepp and Steven Spielberg worked perfectly, with each cancelling out the other's weaknesses. Crichton's combination of strengths is rare, and arguably unique, particularly in Hollywood. Such a shame they didn't utilise that resource while they still could - reminds me of how the Alien series continually failed to utilise HR Giger, an absolutely unique talent who played a large role in making the first film a classic, and again it's now too late.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 12-05-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I think the main thing missing from the sequels was Crichton as a screenwriter. That serious, thoughtful, scientific tone in Jurassic Park has been increasingly lacking from the sequels.

The triumvirate with David Koepp and Steven Spielberg worked perfectly, with each cancelling out the other's weaknesses. Crichton's combination of strengths is rare, and arguably unique, particularly in Hollywood. Such a shame they didn't utilise that resource while they still could - reminds me of how the Alien series continually failed to utilise HR Giger, an absolutely unique talent who played a large role in making the first film a classic, and again it's now too late.
    Well The Lost World book itself had that scientific tone. Sadly they left it out in order to make some cowboy dino wrangling film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Some story details to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom have come out...

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ealed#/slide/1

Last edited by neorev; 12-05-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Cue in Terminator 2 theme...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Well The Lost World book itself had that scientific tone. Sadly they left it out in order to make some cowboy dino wrangling film.
    Yeah. I remember when it was announced that he was writing a sequel based on the popularity of the movie.
    After the publication of Jurassic Park in 1990, Crichton was pressured by fans to write a sequel. Following the success of Jurassic Park's film adaptation in 1993, director Steven Spielberg became interested in making a sequel film. Crichton had never written a sequel to any of his novels before, and was initially hesitant to do so. Crichton said a sequel was "a very difficult structural problem because it has to be the same but different; if it's really the same, then it's the same—and if it's really different, then it's not a sequel. So it's in some funny intermediate territory."[5] In March 1994, Crichton said there would probably be a sequel novel as well as a film adaptation, stating that he had an idea for the novel's story.[6]
    Despite the character of Ian Malcolm dying in the first novel, Crichton chose to bring him back for the sequel: "Malcolm came back because I needed him. I could do without the others, but not him because he is the 'ironic commentator' on the action. He keeps telling us why it will go bad. And I had to have him back again." Bringing a dead character back was an idea Crichton got from Arthur Conan Doyle's character Sherlock Holmes, who had been killed off but was later brought back. Malcolm was also considered a favorite character among readers of the first novel and people who watched its film adaptation.[5] An early draft of the novel included a lengthy tirade by Malcolm regarding God and evolution, but Crichton removed it "because it just didn't seem to fit."[5]
    In March 1995, Crichton announced that he was nearly finished writing the novel, with a scheduled release for later that year. At the time, Crichton declined to specify the novel's title or plot.[7] Crichton later stated that the novel's title is an homage to Doyle's 1912 novel of the same name, as well as a 1925 film adaptation of Doyle's novel, also titled The Lost World.[8] Crichton's novel also shares some story similarities with Doyle's novel, as they both involve an expedition to an isolated Central American location where dinosaurs roam.[9] However, in Crichton's novel, the dinosaurs were recreated by genetic engineering, rather than surviving from antiquity. The Lost World was the only sequel Crichton ever wrote.[5]
    I read it and thought, "this is going to be an awesome movie". And then they didn't even use it as anything other than to say "look, we made another one!"
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park is a 1997 science fiction film and sequel to Jurassic Park, loosely based on Crichton's novel. The film was a commercial success, breaking many box-office records when released. It has a number of plot differences from the novel and incorporates scenes from the first novel that were not previously filmed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, some of this looks very very good and some parts make me worried.

Anyhow, yay for animatronics! Even if the movie sucks in the end, I will enjoy the hell out of any making of or behind the scenes material!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Soooo glad to see the inclusion of animatronics here. With the footage shown, looks like it's gonna be pretty good ride! The first film proved me wrong since I went in with no expectations and wound up enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Jeff goldblum!!!!! Motherfuckin' jeff goldblum!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Jeff goldblum!!!!! Motherfuckin' jeff goldblum!!!!!!!!!!
    Forget the dinosaurs.

The Goldblum!!!!! TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone else think that trailer felt disjointed? And super spoilery? I mean it looks like dumb fun like the first world, but something about it just felt...off?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    it's too heavy on explosions, big set pieces and too fast, which reminds me too much of Peter Jackson's King Kong which was a fun ride with nice creature designs, but nothing I would want to see from a Jurassic Park movie. Give me realistic looking Dinosaurs with actual animal behaviour like in the first one. I like the connection Owen has to blue and it's great to see some old favorites return with the inclusion of new ones, but this looks very soulless just like the other Jurassic Park movies. Even the Lost World had more heart than JW and JP3.

I am still hyped and I really look forward to see this in a big cinema. And I will probably enjoy it just like Jurassic World, although I will be ultimately diasspointed as well as it's got not much to do with the original movie in the end.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Anyone else think that trailer felt disjointed? And super spoilery? I mean it looks like dumb fun like the first world, but something about it just felt...off?
    Yeah, something didn't sit right. I mean, what kind of plot is "save the dinosaurs from an exploding island" other than to have a 2.5 hour CGI fest? There's no element of it that feels relatable.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It looks like a remake of JP: The Lost World featuring a volcano.

It basically looks like it will be the dumbest movie of 2018.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This trailer feels like it's for a movie that's not a Jurassic World sequel.

The only saving grace is Goldblum, and I expect his screentime will probably be MINIMAL, at best...

I'll probably end up seeing it, but ehhh. I'm cautious.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-08-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Watched the trailer. Meh. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the film isn't hot garbage.

The original Jurassic Park is one of my all-time favorites though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The first one surprised me, so I am going in with an open mind again. But lets be real here... a lot of people are complaining about the plot and that makes me laugh. The entire plot for every JP movie is utterly ridiculous so why expect this one not to be? Dinosaurs are running free on remote islands in the modern era... what are you really expecting here?? I think it looks hella fun, and more and more Dino's is a plus in my book.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm still not sure how I feel about this movie...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm VERY sure how I feel about it.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It's fucking awful. All I see is another ridiculous CGI fest... Didn't someone from the production team run their mouth about the number of animatronics built for this film?