Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1656

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    1121 sounds okay, but I'm glad they stripped it way down for the album. Honey sounds a little too Taylor Swift for me. Definitely prefer the final shoegaze-y version. It's nice to be able compare and contrast though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Except that’s not what happened. Halsey a) has been a lifelong NIN fan and b) admitted to trying to copy elements of NIN’s music in their previous work (examples of which you can find in this thread).

This wasn’t a hired gun job, a “get the sound” thing, it was a lifelong dream of Halsey’s.

I think the only reason they took it on was because of that. I don’t see the difference between this record and one done by Saul Williams, Zac De La Rocha, Jane’s Addiction or other unmentionable artists

Would the nose be turned up at St Vincent doing an album with them in the same way? Just because it’s not a trendy, hipster artist, doesn’t make their work any less valid.

I’ll defend this album and the circumstances around it until I’m blue in the face (except maybe the multiple vinyl types)
    I would die from joy of Annie Clark did anything like this with TR/AR. On of my all time favs! Also, her Piggy cover was awesome.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Where can I find the instrumental tracks? I'm guessing it's a leaked promo or something?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Where can I find the instrumental tracks? I'm guessing it's a leaked promo or something?
    They’ve never been officially released. All the ones out there were fan made with algorithms.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They’ve never been officially released. All the ones out there were fan made with algorithms.
    Good to know, thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Redacted has a release of the instrumental that lists "Official instrumental leak." They are very strict on what is allowed there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Correct, these have not been officially released. You are wrong about "All the ones out there were fan made with algorithms." In fact, the instrumental tracks that are mostly circulating are real instrumentals, and not ones made in AI. I'm not sure how they leaked, but they did. They are easily available for downloading and they sound great. Enjoy! I've been enjoying them since they leaked on day 1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    Correct, these have not been officially released. You are wrong about "All the ones out there were fan made with algorithms." In fact, the instrumental tracks that are mostly circulating are real instrumentals, and not ones made in AI. I'm not sure how they leaked, but they did. They are easily available for downloading and they sound great. Enjoy! I've been enjoying them since they leaked on day 1.
    See, now I'm curious on who is correct... Are they, or aren't they real?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    See, now I'm curious on who is correct... Are they, or aren't they real?
    Looking back in the thread it seems I was misremembering an old comment. So I'm guessing they're probably real based on what others are saying.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Again, and for the last time, the IICHLIWP Instrumentals are real. Whoever released them had access to the multitracks. These are high quality (MP3s, I believe, but still great) and are the final mix, but without Halsey's vocals added. No AI used to create these... Just the actual Multitracks with full beginings and endings to each track (not segued into each other). Enjoy!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Halsey performed Lilith at the Game Awards tonight

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Halsey performed Lilith at the Game Awards tonight
    i would’ve preferred the whole damn thing complete with reznor’s funky baseline but the drama of the performance was cool.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    Again, and for the last time, the IICHLIWP Instrumentals are real. Whoever released them had access to the multitracks. These are high quality (MP3s, I believe, but still great) and are the final mix, but without Halsey's vocals added. No AI used to create these... Just the actual Multitracks with full beginings and endings to each track (not segued into each other). Enjoy!
    Haven't been back to this thread in a while, but I just followed that Dropbox link that was posted earlier, and yeah, I'll also weigh in that this is the real deal. SO GOOD. I wouldn't have thought to go looking if you hadn't posted this clarification, @atomobile - thanks!

Early posts of instrumentals on YouTube had noticeable artifacting from the vocal-removal process of an AI processor, but that's not the case on these.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    NIN is in the K-pop universe now

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i would’ve preferred the whole damn thing complete with reznor’s funky baseline but the drama of the performance was cool.

Sounds like an Enigma remix lol (I'm a legit big Enigma fan so it's cool with me! )

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Honey came on the radio at work the other day (a gift from heaven considering some of the utter shit that gets played there) and I started mouthing the words to the song. A couple co-workers were surprised that I knew it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i don’t know why but i did hear halsey is making a new record. maybe it’s that.
    I can't be the only one excited by this prospect? I felt like songwriting within the trio was the the thing this album lacked so I'd love to hear what they could do as a full unit putting something together from scratch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I can't be the only one excited by this prospect? I felt like songwriting within the trio was the the thing this album lacked so I'd love to hear what they could do as a full unit putting something together from scratch
    Unless either Halsey or TR/AR mention working together again, I can't see this happening. If Trent and Atticus are going to write music with a female vocalist in mind, I would hope they'd just make another How To Destroy Angels album.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    Unless either Halsey or TR/AR mention working together again, I can't see this happening. If Trent and Atticus are going to write music with a female vocalist in mind, I would hope they'd just make another How To Destroy Angels album.
    I tend to agree...I would be excited by another Halsey collaboration but, if given the choice, I'd much rather have more HTDA.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

who knows but i would personally love if they made more music together. Reznor looked so happy in the press he did for record. I bet he would do it again if the conditions were right.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm definitely down for more if they want to do it. I felt like this album was a nice bridge between their respective styles, and it still gets regular play around here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I remember Halsey saying this record was something she had been allowed to do because of her previous success, a kind of labour of love. I have a feeling this next record will have more expectations of commercial success, not experimentation

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I remember Halsey saying this record was something she had been allowed to do because of her previous success, a kind of labour of love. I have a feeling this next record will have more expectations of commercial success, not experimentation
    Exactly this. I think she's still kind of beholden to her label. I'd be astonished if they ever worked together again on anything other than maybe a remix or something, although I loved IICHLIWP.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The more Trent seems to be in his production/collaboration phase, the more I wonder if a new NIN album could be a series of collaborations, similar to what Health recently did. I could see like a double album with six-ish pure NIN songs and then a dozen or more collaborations with Halsey, Saul Williams, Health, Danny Elfman, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Lindsey Buckingham, Jack Dangers, Dave Sitek, etc., and then maybe some unexpected team-ups to boot (Billie Eilish & Finneas would be a fun surprise, for instance).

And yes, the Strobe Light jokes would be plentiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The more Trent seems to be in his production/collaboration phase, the more I wonder if a new NIN album could be a series of collaborations, similar to what Health recently did. I could see like a double album with six-ish pure NIN songs and then a dozen or more collaborations with Halsey, Saul Williams, Health, Danny Elfman, Dave Grohl, Josh Homme, Lindsey Buckingham, Jack Dangers, Dave Sitek, etc., and then maybe some unexpected team-ups to boot (Billie Eilish & Finneas would be a fun surprise, for instance).

And yes, the Strobe Light jokes would be plentiful.
    i think that’s what they said about the new nin album few years ago - that it will have lots of collaborations.

i assumed it didn’t pan out and what we’re seeing now are the ideas coming to flesh in a different way than a nin album

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i think that’s what they said about the new nin album few years ago - that it will have lots of collaborations.

i assumed it didn’t pan out and what we’re seeing now are the ideas coming to flesh in a different way than a nin album
    Or there’s just a bunch of collaborations lying around they haven’t figured out what to do with yet.

I still think it’s so weird that the EPs had Dave’s Grohl and Navarro, Sharlotte Gibson, Ian Astbury , etc. show up to do like one part on one song. It feels like there was more going on there that never saw the light of day.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Or there’s just a bunch of collaborations lying around they haven’t figured out what to do with yet.

I still think it’s so weird that the EPs had Dave’s Grohl and Navarro, Sharlotte Gibson, Ian Astbury , etc. show up to do like one part on one song. It feels like there was more going on there that never saw the light of day.
    Wasn’t it confirmed by someone with a demo disc that The Idea of You was a With Teeth era track, hence the Grohl drums? It makes the most sense to me and could easily see that song coming from the Bleedthrough period.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by implanted_microchip View Post
    Wasn’t it confirmed by someone with a demo disc that The Idea of You was a With Teeth era track, hence the Grohl drums? It makes the most sense to me and could easily see that song coming from the Bleedthrough period.
    It wasn't definitely confirmed. We saw pics of promo CD with some unfamiliar song titles (and Rob commented that it looked sorta like a real thing), but we haven't heard the actual audio content. So the Idea of You as a With Teeth era track remains just a plausible speculation.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I still think it’s so weird that the EPs had Dave’s Grohl and Navarro, Sharlotte Gibson, Ian Astbury , etc. show up to do like one part on one song.
    Not sure what's weird about it. I'll never understand why some people thought that Grohl and Navarro's parts on Not The Actual Events were from previous recordings, as if Trent couldn't just call them up and ask them to do it. It makes no sense.

As far as The Idea Of You goes, it's also possible that they did a version for With Teeth, but Trent decided it wasn't quite right and scrapped it, then re-recorded it for the EP. That sort of thing happens all the time.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 01-12-2024 at 06:54 PM.