Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
I’m not shocked, but the thing I find interesting about so much of this conversation is how it’s framed as “TR+AR going pop” and not “Halsey going dark” (for lack of a better genre description). From the little bit we’ve heard and seen, it seems very obvious they were chosen for a reason and that their sonic fingerprint is going to be all over the thing. That why they’re there. I feel like I getting this vibe from everyone worried that this is somehow going to water down NIN or it’s the two of them selling out and changing everything, when the inverse is probably true and they were chosen as producers to have a large degree of input. You don’t make that choice and then impose rules on it (or you do, and that’s stupid, but hopefully that’s not true here). We’re prejudging and assuming it’s a pop album because of Halsey, but we don’t even know for sure that it is.
I dig this view. On a side note, with all the stans fearing a pop NIN album on the horizon, I hope we finally get a proper Strobe Light release.