Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1656

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    She's going to do a few NIN covers, isn't she?

My money is on "Reptile".

Oh and TORONTO. It feels like it's been 84 years since I've seen any shows here worth watching.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm hoping for a festival livestream. I have zero patience for the shed at the Florida State Fairgrounds and I don't feel like making the trek to Blossom or Red Rocks just for Halsey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nabbed pit tickets today on presale. Received a code since I had tickets to one of her shows in 2020 that was canceled.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah, think I may try to snag tickets for this. Closest for me is Summerfest in Milwaukee, which I'm not thrilled with, but a trip down to Chicago might be possible. With luck, by then we're going to be in a summer lull for viruses...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Yeah, think I may try to snag tickets for this. Closest for me is Summerfest in Milwaukee, which I'm not thrilled with, but a trip down to Chicago might be possible. With luck, by then we're going to be in a summer lull for viruses...
    Frankly, I am even less thrilled with Tinley Park than I am with Summerfest.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    Frankly, I am even less thrilled with Tinley Park than I am with Summerfest.
    Ah, I've actually never been there myself. No real idea what it's like. I tend to avoid outdoor shows whenever possible, though given waves hands maybe that's what I'll have to cope with to actually see some shows this year.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Ah, I've actually never been there myself. No real idea what it's like. I tend to avoid outdoor shows whenever possible, though given waves hands maybe that's what I'll have to cope with to actually see some shows this year.
    I saw shows there ages ago when it was called New World Music Theater. Nothing spectacular...typical 90s-era amphitheater venue. Covered seats w/ open lawn. The thing that sticks out to me the most is how much of a pain in the ass it was to get to from the western suburbs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve been to both venues multiple times and the amphitheater at Summerfest is superior, in my opinion. They renovated the venue itself and it had it’s inaugural reopening last year. I’m not a big fan of festivals either, but as festivals go, I find Summerfest pretty easy to navigate and user friendly compared to others for multiple reasons. Also, the crowds were much thinner last year at Summerfest than in previous years. But, last year it was in September and people may have been more hesitant to venture out in crowds.
    Last edited by thenorthwood; 02-01-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Honestly, I'm hoping for a festival livestream. I have zero patience for the shed at the Florida State Fairgrounds and I don't feel like making the trek to Blossom or Red Rocks just for Halsey.
    God that amphitheatre's a dump. I'm on the fence about going to that show, but I suppose I need to decide quick.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i got tickets for the atlanta date. nin in may. halsey in june. my life is complete for now. fingers crossed that these events happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Those ticket prices hurt...nabbed one for the WPB date. Flying solo on this one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I guess it will by my first trip to Summerfest since the one with all the tornadoes...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhulud View Post
    Those ticket prices hurt...nabbed one for the WPB date. Flying solo on this one.
    Its a 3 act bill so its not that bad price wise. And with who the openers are and theyre both buzzworthy in their own respects you should get your moneys worth if you show up early.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Its a 3 act bill so its not that bad price wise. And with who the openers are and theyre both buzzworthy in their own respects you should get your moneys worth if you show up early.
    I plan on it. Always into checking out new music. And I'm already familiar and a fan of beabadoobee. She's fantastic on her style of indie pop.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If anyone did want to bother with the show tonight theres tickets on stubhub down to $12. And looks like only 4 songs form the new album will be performed. I Am Not A Woman Im A God, Honey, Easier Than Lying and You Asked For This.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I bought tickets for the Irvine show. I was hoping they would play more tracks from the new album. I hope that changes by then (since they only performed 4 songs from the album yesterday), otherwise it will be very disappointing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    I bought tickets for the Irvine show. I was hoping they would play more tracks from the new album. I hope that changes by then (since they only performed 4 songs from the album yesterday), otherwise it will be very disappointing.
    halsey specifically said last night was not tied to the upcoming tour at all in any aspect. There was even a t shirt sold that said "one night only". It was 5 songs off the new album. Dont know why anyone would take stock into a corporate sponsor show as indication of a tour that has nothing to do with it.

well worth spending $12 on a lower level seat to see the show, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That is good news! Thanks! I'm looking forward to the Irvine show now! It makes sense that she would play her greatest hits at the SuperBowl event.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    halsey specifically said last night was not tied to the upcoming tour at all in any aspect. There was even a t shirt sold that said "one night only". It was 5 songs off the new album. Dont know why anyone would take stock into a corporate sponsor show as indication of a tour that has nothing to do with it.

well worth spending $12 on a lower level seat to see the show, though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Some "Help Me I Am In Hell" vibes in the visuals to last night's IANAWIAG performance.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    You know I kind of ignored this album for the most part when it dropped cause I just had too much going on in my life to really sit with it and digest it, but I gave it a spin over the weekend on one of my walks and I really enjoyed it!

I never really cared for Halsey's music previously, and there's honestly a few tracks her pop vocals kind of grate on me ... especially when she goes into that kind of Taylor Swift-ish country/pop rap style of singing the lyrics all fast (you know what I'm talking about), but there are a good handful of stand out tracks that had me really get into it! And honestly, it was refreshing to hear someone else sing on Trent production that doesn't feel like you could've easily just swapped them out and easily insert Trent in there like in HTDA.

It definitely wasn't like a top album of the year or anything for me, but a fun collaboration that I'd be interested in hearing more from.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 03-24-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Making of, part 1:

She talks about the collaboration from about 8:00.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Immediately after hearing TR say "it's 10am, here in Los Angeles" over the phone, I was half-expecting him to go into a David Lynch-style weather report. That's really cool that they documented Halsey's reaction to that call, though! A pretty intense "fangirl" moment if ever there was one...
    Last edited by botley; 04-06-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Anything new there? My country is not worthy of this video being available in it

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    That was delightful, it was really cool to see that moment.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i love the part where they show their belly ability while already pregnant. i really wanted to know the details of this because i’ve never seen a real pregnant body portrayed so powerfully before. Seeing the film in imax was a profound way to experience the record. massive respect to halsey and using their pregnant body for art that transcends.

i’m still listening to some or all of this record daily. i really hope reznor and ross are involved in her next endeavors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got a bit emotional watching her reaction (might just be my weird Covid state of mind at the moment)

I still feel this album was really underrated. I agree that I’d love for them to do more together, and write together from the start. The disconnection between vocal and instrumentation was what let it down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I may have missed it, but are the instrumentals in FLAC available anywhere?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Making of, Part 2:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seeing Halsey on the first date of the tour. I’ll keep count on how many NIN shirts I spot. Possibly myself included. Ha!