Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power - new Halsey album produced by Trent and Atticus

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Another titbit from Halsey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There are so many different versions of this release, and I'm wondering what to get. A few of the releases include a bonus track, and my question is, is the bonus track the same on all variants? Or are there different bonus tracks on different variants? For example, both Target and Walmart are currently advertising exclusive 12" and CDs for each store. They all include a bonus track. I know the records are each different colors making each exclusive, but the CDs are each also marked as exclusive. The Target CD has a poster, but then what makes the Walmart CD exclusive if the bonus track is the same as Target's? Yet the Walmart CD is marked as an exclusive. Is the only thing that makes the Walmart CD an exclusive is that it's missing the Target poster? That would be a sucky claim as an "exclusive." It better be an exclusive bonus track! Otherwise it's false advertising.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    .....Is the only thing that makes the Walmart CD an exclusive is that it's missing the Target poster? That would be a sucky claim as an "exclusive."....
    I don't know the specifics of the CD, but I'll go ahead and say yes. With the Vinyl we've seen Halsey Store's original art in black and LE amber, Target's censored art with 1 bonus track, Wally world's censored with 2 bonus tracks, and I think an Amazon exclusive with an unknown quantity of bonus tracks. The only major variant is Urban Outfitters' different album artwork not sure about bonus tracks.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I don't know the specifics of the CD, but I'll go ahead and say yes. With the Vinyl we've seen Halsey Store's original art in black and LE amber, Target's censored art with 1 bonus track, Wally world's censored with 2 bonus tracks, and I think an Amazon exclusive with an unknown quantity of bonus tracks. The only major variant is Urban Outfitters' different album artwork not sure about bonus tracks.

The UO exclusive is red vinyl with the alternate art; no bonus tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    There are so many different versions of this release, and I'm wondering what to get. A few of the releases include a bonus track, and my question is, is the bonus track the same on all variants? Or are there different bonus tracks on different variants? For example, both Target and Walmart are currently advertising exclusive 12" and CDs for each store. They all include a bonus track. I know the records are each different colors making each exclusive, but the CDs are each also marked as exclusive. The Target CD has a poster, but then what makes the Walmart CD exclusive if the bonus track is the same as Target's? Yet the Walmart CD is marked as an exclusive. Is the only thing that makes the Walmart CD an exclusive is that it's missing the Target poster? That would be a sucky claim as an "exclusive." It better be an exclusive bonus track! Otherwise it's false advertising.
    I really dislike how buying physical music has turned into what buying comic books was in the 90s with all the variants and exclusives. If it helps artists make some more money, cool, but it mostly seems like it’s just about getting people to double (or more) dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I really dislike how buying physical music has turned into what buying comic books was in the 90s with all the variants and exclusives.
    Comics are like that again now. Probably even worse than they were in the 90s.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Comics are like that again now. Probably even worse than they were in the 90s.
    One of the reasons i just stopped collecting /buying comic books. I've gone to trade paperbacks. Give me the story and they can keep the variants, special editions, etc.
    And I am not blaming them either. There is a market for all these things, much like there is a market for music collectors, comic, <insert hobby name here>, but at some point, your dollars start running out and you need to decide where to spend it.
    The comic book market has always struggled to keep pace with staying above breathing levels so if that is another stream of revenue and it keeps the money coming in, more power to them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    I really dislike how buying physical music has turned into what buying comic books was in the 90s with all the variants and exclusives. If it helps artists make some more money, cool, but it mostly seems like it’s just about getting people to double (or more) dip.
    Agreed. I can see maybe having variations of artwork when it comes to different formats, like Underworld used to do. But these different colored vinyl/cover art variations is getting absurd. This is getting up there with the Stranger Things score and amount of color variations. Personally, I hate when albums have a bunch of different cover art. Trent did this with Hesitation Marks. Even lamer was Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist which was just different color version of the same cover. That was the laziest cash grab I've probably ever seen. The cover art is an integral part of an album's identity. I don't know, but all these variations begin to feel a little hokey and scuzzy, like grimy label money grab.

"Hey, buy this album 10 times to show everyone you're THE true fan!"
    "Hey, people have a mental disorder where they must collect every version of an album or hate themselves? Let's use that!"

But that's just me. Just wait until this moves to streaming services and exclusivity deals start. You'll need Spotify to hear a bonus track, Apple to hear a different bonus track, Tidal to get another different bonus track, Amazon Music to hear a bonus remix, and Deezer to hear a bonus cover song. Trent did this back in the Beats days and putting up instrumental versions and extras. It all just becomes a mess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Bonus track on Walmart exclusive is: Nightmare (Reprise). Now waiting to see what the Target bonus track is. It better be a different track... otherwise there is some false-advertising going on.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nightmare is an old song. Trent produced this new version that's the bonus on the Walmart disc. It seems like Target will have a different bonus track because Halsey just announced this bonus track as a Walmart exclusive.
    Last edited by atomobile; 08-14-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    .....these different colored vinyl/cover art variations is getting absurd.....like grimy label money grab...

"Hey, people have a mental disorder where they must collect every version of an album or hate themselves? Let's use that!"
    Yes, guilty as charged....I get a bit of PTSD whenever I see this thread bumped fearing another variant.

If you don't have enough money to buy all my variants, I want all the money you have at the moment.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ok I’m posting a link to this rumour account saying Halsey is releasing I’m not a woman, I’m a God and Lilith as singles (doesn’t say when though) because they clearly got it right about Lorde releasing a single today

https://theallknower.com/rumors/

i hope we get a single before the album - actually the Tuesday before the album release around the IMAX times would make sense

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Ok I’m posting a link to this rumour account saying Halsey is releasing I’m not a woman, I’m a God and Lilith as singles (doesn’t say when though) because they clearly got it right about Lorde releasing a single today

https://theallknower.com/rumors/

i hope we get a single before the album - actually the Tuesday before the album release around the IMAX times would make sense
    As much as I want a single, if they don't release ANYTHING before the album drops, I'll applaud her confidence and deviation from the typical "let's release half the album as radio singles four months before the release" plan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For anyone into it...for 24 hours only...signed LP's and CD's up right now at Halsey's store. Looks to be inserts/art cards signed just by Halsey from the IG story she posted.

IICHLIWP Store (loveandpower.com)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Aaaaaand it’s gone.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Looks like the CDs come with the same signed photo card as the LP. Just buy the CD as chances are you'll be able to pick up a black retail version and just "make" it yourself, unless the hype sticker is important to you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The hype sticker always matters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe there isnt anything there that could be a good single for the public lol
    trezz and atti went all out

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Aaaaaand it’s gone.
    Still available in the UK store, seemingly with no time limit:

https://shopuk.loveandpower.com/*/*/...RD/73PY0000000

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    maybe there isnt anything there that could be a good single for the public lol
    trezz and atti went all out
    With the rabidity of her fanbase...I don't really think that would be an issue.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Attention Los Angeles, CA residents. If you can't make an evening screening of the IMAX "If I Can't Have Love," the South Gate IMAX theater has scheduled multiple screenings: 12:15p, 2:30p, 4:45p, plus the evening 8p and 10p. Hope that helps. I bought my tickets for the 2 evening Chinese Theater screenings, as they have the best theater experience. Anyone going to that? How about a NIN get-together in the hour between the 2 screenings? I'm really bummed out that I won't be able to experience the Online 6pm "Digital Experience." I have a great Home-viewing set-up, but unfortunately I will be traveling in Los Angeles on Sunday August 29th. I will be in Rowland Heights/Pomona area that night. Anyone around there having a viewing party? I'd be happy to help out with the ticket if you have a good setup for screening....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    YES - they've actually added a Cardiff UK showing on Sat 28th and I am actually back from holiday the day before!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Halsey announced today that new IMAX screening dates and new locations, both domestic and international, would open up for sale on Friday. I believe the new screening dates are for the Saturday after the album is released.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    "I Am Not A Woman, I Am A God" sounds really cool to me. I love darker Poppier/spookier music. I wish we could have gotten that song as a proper single, I really like it though, chorus sounds super cool.
    Last edited by HWB; 08-19-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello Halsey, or: I wanted NIN live but now all my future happiness is in this album (and Doctor Who).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone else surprised at the lack of a single, with the album only a week away?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    YES - they've actually added a Cardiff UK showing on Sat 28th and I am actually back from holiday the day before!
    Of course it’s on the one night I couldn’t go. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    At this point, no. Which is fine with me. Otherwise I'd probably burn a hole in the track(s) and get sick of it / them by the time the rest of the album was released.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    100%

To be completely honest it's kind of killed a little of the hype for the record for me. I was SUPER excited when it was announced.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    To be completely honest it's kind of killed a little of the hype for the record for me. I was SUPER excited when it was announced.
    That's surprising. For most people, it seems like the lack of a single has kept the anticipation up. I definitely feel like hearing too much of an album before its release kind of lets the air out of the experience when the album finally releases (Eat The Elephant had that problem for me).

I like that we've had one trailer showcasing the moodier side and one showcasing the poppier side -- to me, that's still been enough to get a feel of the album without having to release a full track.

That said, I think there's a good chance we get a single next week to build hype for the movie/album/digital show.
    Last edited by Toadflax; 08-23-2021 at 10:52 AM.