Look I have no delusions that Trent was some kind of chivalrous prince back in the day, but I have a hard time taking this seriously for the same reason I thought it was insane that Sady Doyle's response to Marilyn Manson's abuse victims was to dig up an offensive passage from the book he wrote with Neil "The Game" Strauss after a bitter falling out with Trent and act like it meant Trent should be canceled too. Not only did it totally gloss over the actual victims (MANSON'S victims) but irresponsibly framed a significantly unreliable account (one that Trent has consistently disputed since its publishing) as verifiable reality.

As far back as the pre-With Teeth / With Teeth era, I can recall Trent distancing himself from both Marilyn Manson's book and anything that Courtney Love says. I'm not going to buy her as a reliable source now, especially when she has such nice things to say about the fucking piece of garbage who actually has over a dozen women accusing him of unspeakable abuse. Any allegations like this are serious but there is very legitimate reason to doubt this is being raised in good faith.