Thread: 2021.09.21+23 CANCELLED - Cleveland, OH @ Jacobs Pavilion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If you're flying into Hopkins and looking for a room between there and downtown the only place I wouldn't stay would be the hotel on Brookpark Rd. or the hotels on W. 150th. If I had to make a choice I would probably stay at one (I think there's 3) on Tiedeman Rd. From there you wouldn't even have to go on the highway to get to Nautica. Tiedeman to Memphis to Pearl Rd. (which turns into W.25th also called 42) then right down into the flats. If you want to go anywhere else, you're staying right on 480 which can easily get you anywhere with the connects to other highways. We have poor public transportation, but very efficient highway system.

Hotels off 71 fine too, 71 will get you anywhere with connects. But not the hotels on the streets I mentioned, sketch. Some areas you drive through on W.25th (42) will look sketchy but fine to drive through.
    Last edited by sticksandhair; 05-24-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    If you're flying into Hopkins and looking for a room between there and downtown the only place I wouldn't stay would be the hotel on Brookpark Rd. or the hotels on W. 150th. If I had to make a choice I would probably stay at one (I think there's 3) on Tiedeman Rd. From there you wouldn't even have to go on the highway to get to Nautica. Tiedeman to Memphis to Pearl Rd. (which turns into W.25th also called 42) then right down into the flats. If you want to go anywhere else, you're staying right on 480 which can easily get you anywhere with the connects to other highways. We have poor public transportation, but very efficient highway system.

Hotels off 71 fine too, 71 will get you anywhere with connects. But not the hotels on the streets I mentioned, sketch. Some areas you drive through on W.25th (42) will look sketchy but fine to drive through.
    Oh damn, I was looking at the Wyndham Cleveland Airport hotel since I could use rewards points in full, but that is right on W. 150th. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look at those on Tiedeman Rd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets of lube View Post
    Oh damn, I was looking at the Wyndham Cleveland Airport hotel since I could use rewards points in full, but that is right on W. 150th. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll look at those on Tiedeman Rd.
    I believe Wyndham has a hotel in their chain on Snow Rd. in Brookpark but not much around there. and Middleburg Hts. they are both safe areas. Middleburg has many restaurants very close, a big new Fatheads Brewery, super safe area. Right off 71 at Bagley.

Also Wyndham Chain
    ETA: Strongsville, 71 at Route 82 (Royalton Rd.) very safe area too. Lots of stores, restaurants around also.
    ETA: La Quinta in Independence right off 77. Good spot too.
    ETA: Also Country Club Blvd. off 480 North Olmsted.

I just looked at the La Quinta on W150th I think it's very new and looks really nice. It's not a horrible area. Are you a guy? lol. I just wouldn't be walking around the area at night or like getting gas at night. It used to be an ok area, I have a friend who lives right near that rapid transit station her whole life and she's fine, but area has declined in time. The Marriott over there turned sketch.

ETA: lol I'm sorry maybe I should mind my own business, it looks like Wyndham took over the Marriott I guess. The Wyndham Airport address is the same as the Marriott, so maybe it's Ok now. Idk. In the past it was the not good people who were going to the bar in there.
    Last edited by sticksandhair; 05-24-2021 at 11:31 PM.