Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mine arrived this morning, hope you all are enjoying!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got mine early. I'm skipping all cutscenes at the start until I get till after where the demo was. I recently played it so I remembered it all.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Really loving this one so far. It took XV's cobbled together action based system and made it 10 times better which makes it awesome to use. I really enjoy the combat approach for this too. I've done everything I could for the first 3 chapters. I'm back at the Bar and need to use the pinball machine to go down. Before I did that i seen the dart board and gave it a whirl. Both fun and frustrating. There's a trophy for being the top score on the leaderboard. You need to do this within 7 darts. I did 6 bull's eyes and one 1 pointer. I tried for nearly 20 minutes and finally did it. Jeez.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Fuck GameStop I bought the game at the mall two month ago and of course the malls are closed so I called GameStop a month ago and asked if it will be a problem due to the malls being close and the reassured me I will be able to pick my deluxe copy up at any location. Went to the store today, and of course denied. Only had enough for the people who ordered at the store. I told them I called and explained the situation and they were still like nah if you want the game you can go online and order digitally. I was like no shit? And on top of it she was giving me attitude. I hate that fucking store it’s no wonder why their shutting down. I like owning physical games because you cant sell your digital copy if you need to.
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-10-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Fuck GameStop I bought the game at the mall two month ago and of course the malls are closed so I called GameStop a month ago and asked if it will be a problem due to the malls being close and the reassured me I will be able to pick my deluxe copy up at any location. Went to the store today, and of course denied. Only had enough for the people who ordered at the store. I told them I called and explained the situation and they were still like nah if you want the game you can go online and order digitally. I was like no shit? And on top of it she was giving me attitude. I hate that fucking store it’s no wonder why their shutting down. I like owning physical games because you can sell your digital copy if you need to.
    This sucks. I've been boycotting Gamestop for years now. Why didn't you try Amazon? Or was Gamestop just an easier option for you?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, fuck Gamestop. That sucks. I'm taking it REALLY slow with this, but so far it's magical.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah, fuck Gamestop. That sucks. I'm taking it REALLY slow with this, but so far it's magical.
    Yes, once I get my hands on my copy, I'm taking my sweet ass time like I tried with the demo. Still cannot get over the fact that we are actually experiencing this

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Yes, once I get my hands on my copy, I'm taking my sweet ass time like I tried with the demo. Still cannot get over the fact that we are actually experiencing this
    I finished Chapter 4. It's very well made and all the expanded material and exposition. I really quite like Jessie in this.

New character in Chapter 4 named Roche is neat and wacky. I hate I missed that trophy for his battle at the start but oh well. Chapter select right?

When RE3 came out I had pre-ordered from Gamestop the collector's edition and was iffy if I would be able to get it due to covid-19 shit. I did luckily. Sorry you had this trouble. I feel bad for you @Rdm
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-10-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I was just at the mall shopping and I saw the poster and I just preordered it. I knew I was going to buy it, but I saw it and was just timing. I’m done now with GameStop, they won’t get another penny from me. Fuck me! I was even one of their subscribers, I paid money for that garbage.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Got my copy. Called the other local GameStop told them the situation they told me to come in and some how the employee was able to give me a copy. Really pray that he doesn’t get into trouble. I know I said I wouldn’t buy anything from them but I paid for the game so I had to pick it up.

played the game for a hour and it’s beautiful. The combat is very awkward so far, probably a me problem but I’m fumbling and actually lost to the first intro boss lol .

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Combat doesn't hold your hand. Requires some thought. Had a hard time with a side boss. Eventually figured out it's weakness.

Game is pretty cool though. Really brings life and new depth to these characters. Even side characters who didn't add much to the original.

Some of these places are massive to. Backtracking to one particular place and back kinda sucked.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Got my copy. Called the other local GameStop told them the situation they told me to come in and some how the employee was able to give me a copy. Really pray that he doesn’t get into trouble. I know I said I wouldn’t buy anything from them but I paid for the game so I had to pick it up.

played the game for a hour and it’s beautiful. The combat is very awkward so far, probably a me problem but I’m fumbling and actually lost to the first intro boss lol .
    Awesome you were able to get it. The battle system has a bit of learning curve, but once you get it down, it flows really well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finished Chapter 8 and had fun with Aerith in Sector 5 Slums. Wonderful game, just hope they don't milk it for 3 games in total and stretch it out for the next 3-4 years. The time gap waiting would be insane.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fuck that Sultan of Squats trophy. Too hard. I was never gonna platinum this game anyways.

Wooooooooo

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh... Amazon updated and now it says it won't be here until Wednesday... Insert crying face here.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ugh... Amazon updated and now it says it won't be here until Wednesday... Insert crying face here.
    Same, dude, same.. I was skeptical when it didn't ship out at all Fri/Sat.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Same, dude, same.. I was skeptical when it didn't ship out at all Fri/Sat.
    Hoping there are a wave of posts on Twitter or something from people like us that are stuck in the waiting game. I'm planning an entire day and night to play.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hoping there are a wave of posts on Twitter or something from people like us that are stuck in the waiting game. I'm planning an entire day and night to play.
    I won't really get to play it until Friday night/this weekend anyhow, but I'm excited to get it in and swoon over the box!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well, I finished it. I literially played it nonstop since Thursday night. Spoiler: I honestly have no idea how the next game(s) is going to be. So good. Not sure if anything else will top it this year.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Love the game play, and the leveling systems they're very clever and have high quality of life ideas. I hope all final fantasys adopt this going forward.

I'm enjoying seeing the settings even more than the characters coming to life. A lot of the writing and acting leave much to be desired. It's too anime for me I think Japanese game devs need to have a sit down and learn to cool it on the exposition, figure out how to more diversely characterize women, it's frustrating.

And there's quite a bit of padding. Sometimes the padding is fun or amicable, and other times, like leading up to Mako 05... It's infuriating, even more so because you know the story was great without it.

I've read about the ending, but I'm not there yet. Hoo boy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really got a kick out of a lot of the back and forth banter. They come off like real people.

I don't think there's that much padding, imo. Sure, it exists. But it wasn't enough to be too noticeable outside of a few small instances.

The ending. Yeah, it's an interesting one. I don't hate it. It's typical Nomura. It at least intrigued me enough to be curious to see how they follow this up and go forward.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Mine's out for delivery today, after all! Squeeee

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Mine's out for delivery today, after all! Squeeee
    I just woke up and it is in my local post office but not out for delivery... You lucked out!

Update!! It's coming today!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-14-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just finished Chapter 12.

Spoiler: Those deaths of Biggs and Jessie. D:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really can't believe how they nailed this remake, it's almost amazing how well they did everything. I am super impressed, and it should be a 90 or higher on Metacritic. I love the combat IMO, I was worried when they mentioned how they would do it hybrid style but it totally works and is fun.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The boss fights in this game are truly franchise and genre highs. The combat is perfect

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Played the game all week and have been thoroughly impressed. I wasn't expecting to like it this much. As someone who grew up with FF7 as a kid and found it so magical and life-changing, I was just a skeptic of the remake. But they proved me wrong. This game really feels like it was made with so much love, care, and thought. I'm almost at the end of it - clocked in about 30 or so hours.

My only concern is how in the world they're going to complete the whole story in a timely fashion. As amazing as I found Part 1 of the remake, it was only the first few hours of the original game. This remake is a massive and overwhelming undertaking.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Played the game all week and have been thoroughly impressed. I wasn't expecting to like it this much. As someone who grew up with FF7 as a kid and found it so magical and life-changing, I was just a skeptic of the remake. But they proved me wrong. This game really feels like it was made with so much love, care, and thought. I'm almost at the end of it - clocked in about 30 or so hours.

My only concern is how in the world they're going to complete the whole story in a timely fashion. As amazing as I found Part 1 of the remake, it was only the first few hours of the original game. This remake is a massive and overwhelming undertaking.
    I'm really curious how they're going to do the open world part. Luckily, they have a ton of assets that they can use for Part 2 (or 3?)...so maybe it won't take as long as we think.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm loving every minute of this. Really taking my time, the battle system flows so well once you get it down, and the add on's to the story and environments are a nice addition. I just slayed the battle arena segment which was pretty fun, but not too hard.