Thread: Marilyn Manson Sexual Abuse Allegations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Wes Borland is getting some rash of shit too for not "doing something" after mentioning what he saw in Manson's house.
    Yeah, I know we would all like to think of ourselves as being capable of being the hero who would speak up. But if you knew your own reputation, career or physical safety was on the line...would you really have it in you to do the right thing and speak up?

There have been times in my life when I spoke up for people who needed an advocate, and other times when I did nothing like a coward. And I’ve never been in a situation quite as high stakes or public as this one.

So I can’t in good fairness say “oh I would have called Manson out on his shit if I saw something” because I know that there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have. Especially if I was young, had a lot to lose and drugs in my system clouding my judgement like many of the folks involved had.

I’m sure a lot of people who are convinced they would have been bolder than Wes or the female victims. But I can’t make that claim myself. Maybe better people can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Yeah, I know we would all like to think of ourselves as being capable of being the hero who would speak up. But if you knew your own reputation, career or physical safety was on the line...would you really have it in you to do the right thing and speak up?

There have been times in my life when I spoke up for people who needed an advocate, and other times when I did nothing like a coward. And I’ve never been in a situation quite as high stakes or public as this one.

So I can’t in good fairness say “oh I would have called Manson out on his shit if I saw something” because I know that there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have. Especially if I was young, had a lot to lose and drugs in my system clouding my judgement like many of the folks involved had.

I’m sure a lot of people who are convinced they would have been bolder than Wes or the female victims. But I can’t make that claim myself. Maybe better people can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plot twist: they wouldn't do that because it's not just as simple as they try to imply that is. I've met a lot of people who likes to say something in those lines but at the same time clearly knew they had a problematic friend and no shit was did about it.

Look how long it took to come to the public eye 1% of what was happening in Hollywood when it comes to abuse. (and now on music industry too) It's really good that are more and more people (specially youngsters) not tolerating shit like that but at the same time it's annoying how they think everything is easily solved just like pressing the block option on Twitter.

Wes Borland was the second ex-member (first being Sara Lee Lucas) whose worked with Manson that said something about the allegations and standed with the survivors since Evan's IG post yesterday. On the other side Courtney Love is defending Manson on her private IG account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    On the other side Courtney Love is defending Manson on her private IG account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    why doesn’t that surprise me? I get so annoyed by people talking about how sexist it is to diss Courtney Love. Although to be fair I think if she was a man she might be like Manson and maybe that in itself is telling about the disparity between the sexes. I think women have some kind of genetic coding to bitch about each other and men have some weird self protective code to defend each other. This is my experience anyway
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-03-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    On the other side Courtney Love is defending Manson on her private IG account. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Also Dita's sister liked Manson's statement/denial on IG. Um?