Thread: Was "An Omen" released as 24bit FLAC?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    I believe only the original EP was 24 bit if you paid $2 for an upgrade (still have my OG files somewhere), and then the album download. Everything else is standard CD red book (44/16).
    Actually, the Qobuz UK store has a 19 track version of Welcome Oblivion that includes the original EP as bonus tracks in 24/96 for £11.99, but this is not available in the US store...

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/we.../0886443881969

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Actually, the Qobuz UK store has a 19 track version of Welcome Oblivion that includes the original EP as bonus tracks in 24/96 for £11.99, but this is not available in the US store...

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/we.../0886443881969
    I stand corrected! This is good info to know and yet another reason I’m pissed that I can’t figure out how to successfully purchase from the UK Qobuz store in the US.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebitrate View Post
    I stand corrected! This is good info to know and yet another reason I’m pissed that I can’t figure out how to successfully purchase from the UK Qobuz store in the US.
    I had a UK friend create an account on the Qobuz UK site for me that I just took over and use my own PayPal with. I don't need a VPN or anything.

When creating an account, you may need a VPN initially, but, more importantly, a UK address to enter when signing up. Once the account is created, you won't need to use a VPN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I had a UK friend create an account on the Qobuz UK site for me that I just took over and use my own PayPal with. I don't need a VPN or anything.

When creating an account, you may need a VPN initially, but, more importantly, a UK address to enter when signing up. Once the account is created, you won't need to use a VPN.
    Thanks for this info! I feel like I did this when I signed up (UK university e-mail address I attended with place I staying then) but obviously something went wrong, probably on the VPN end of things. Good to know it can be done, though. Something to dig back into.