Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Walking Dead: World Beyond

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I totally need to catch up! I've only seen like the first episode.

I got all depressed and shit, and only watch YouTube when that happens.
    Do you want plot spoilers?

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Do you want plot spoilers?
    Nah. We'll get on top of it.

I know Jadis is in it.

There are SO many different ways they could tie ALL of this up, you know: I'm talking this show, TWD, Fear and the movies, and even the Daryl and Carol.show.

Like, what if the D*C show is a one season road show about them getting to Fear?

Also, what if that army Michonne saw is the army Strand is building?

Idk man. They have SO many chances to stick a reasonable landing: end of TWD, end of Fear, end of movies, end of spinoff (s.)

They better not GoT us.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Nah. We'll get on top of it.

I know Jadis is in it.

There are SO many different ways they could tie ALL of this up, you know: I'm talking this show, TWD, Fear and the movies, and even the Daryl and Carol.show.

Like, what if the D*C show is a one season road show about them getting to Fear?

Also, what if that army Michonne saw is the army Strand is building?

Idk man. They have SO many chances to stick a reasonable landing: end of TWD, end of Fear, end of movies, end of spinoff (s.)

They better not GoT us.
    It looks like they’re trying to make it (IMO) so that the end of World Beyond ties straight in with where FTWD is going. The most recent episode of World Beyond (no major spoilers here) has shown us the CRM’s plan and what they’re doing: using live human test subjects, killing (gassing them) and then studying reanimation. That’s why they wiped out Omaha and plan on doing the same thing to the other remaining community, with their plan to only have the CR(M) being the last remaining civilisation, carrying out all the scientific study to cure the virus. Right now they’re trying to convince all the scientists to flee with them and destroy the CRM. They managed to wipe out Omaha with an altered type of chlorine based gas. They have more of it, and Felix and Huck know where it is to destroy it.

The preview for next week’s Fear episode shows Morgan and Al running from the CRM as they’re trying to wipe out as many people as possible.

We still haven’t learned what an “A” or a “B” is yet at this stage. Hopefully that comes to fruition in the next few episodes.

It’s funny, in the comics it was The Commonwealth that was the main endgame. With the show the CRM seems to be the major big bad, spanning across all three shows.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @Erneuert
    I THINK an A is someone to use for experiments, possibly already even already bit, and a B is someone who has potential use for the CRM.

Remember, Jadis said to Gabriel "I'd always thought you'd be a B," before trying to fuck him off (trying to turn him into an A.)

She also called Rick a B, right? "He's hurt, but he's strong."

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Two episodes to go.

Yeah, A is a test subject to be worked on/studied, B is an asset.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Second last episode, blah blah blah, escape plan, blah blah blah, find toxic agent at end of episode, will blow it up next episode, blah blah blah.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Second last episode, blah blah blah, escape plan, blah blah blah, find toxic agent at end of episode, will blow it up next episode, blah blah blah.
    Dude i haven't even watched it. I might watch it all today.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Dude i haven't even watched it. I might watch it all today.
    Rumour has it that next Sunday’s final episode will have a Rick movie-related scene in the post-credits.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Rumour has it that next Sunday’s final episode will have a Rick movie-related scene in the post-credits.
    That's what i heard.

And this is my reaction:
    Did we watch 20 episodes of this shit, over two years, when we could have just watched the fucking post credit scene?

:P

I know, i know, it's not THAT bad, and i thank Resurrected Zombie Jesus that it exists.

And we DID learn a bit more about the CRM.

I just... well, suppose i put it in NIN terms.

"I always thOUGHT THERE'D BE MOOOOOOOORE!!! BUT NOT ANYMOOOOORE!"

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    lol, yep. The only important episodes have been these last couple.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    lol, yep. The only important episodes have been these last couple.
    well at least the last few of the first season were reasonable, too, right?

edit: and look back at the beginning of this thread. The FIRST couple of episodes, last year, had Stand By Me vibes.

IDk. It seems like the blueprint here is one or two decent episodes, and then like 5 or six filler, and THEN, SUDDENLY, it goes HARD! :P
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-25-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Last episode…

Did Huck really die?

Post credits scene… wtf was that? We see the guy from season 1 of TWD from the CDC on a video recording with two people speaking… French? No Rick mention or hint there at all.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @elevenism - from Reddit

Post credits -Takes place in France in an abandoned laboratory. An agent is retrieving data from a computer and someone sneaks up to her at gunpoint. On the computer is recordings of Doctor Jenner from season 1 of the Walking Dead, being the messages he was sending. He mentions curiosity in variants of the dead they have in France. The stranger shoots the agent dead and leaves her. When she turns, she gets up and RUNS for the sealed door in the lab, screaming and banging on it. We now have aggressive and more intelligent zombies that can run.

It also looks like the woman was shot in the HEAD but survived it, so the walkers are getting immune to being taken out.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @elevenism - from Reddit

Post credits -Takes place in France in an abandoned laboratory. An agent is retrieving data from a computer and someone sneaks up to her at gunpoint. On the computer is recordings of Doctor Jenner from season 1 of the Walking Dead, being the messages he was sending. He mentions curiosity in variants of the dead they have in France. The stranger shoots the agent dead and leaves her. When she turns, she gets up and RUNS for the sealed door in the lab, screaming and banging on it. We now have aggressive and more intelligent zombies that can run.

It also looks like the woman was shot in the HEAD but survived it, so the walkers are getting immune to being taken out.
    I still.haven't caught up on that show, but the post credit scene already got spoiled for me by YouTube video titles and article titles.

SO.

This changes everything going forward, perhaps, right? (Wrt to movies and spinoffs and such.)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    I still.haven't caught up on that show, but the post credit scene already got spoiled for me by YouTube video titles and article titles.

SO.

This changes everything going forward, perhaps, right? (Wrt to movies and spinoffs and such.)
    Yeah, absolutely. Maybe the virus started in France or they created it? Make sure you watch the post credits scene with subtitles on. They speak in French.

I was actually starting to like Huck. Pissed she died… well, presumably. They could still bring her back though since we didn’t actually see her die I guess.

I’m getting more and more convinced that General Beale is Rick or associated with Rick.

And dayum, that doctor from season 1 has not aged. Still looks like he did in The Truman Show with Jim Carrey, haha.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)