Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: M83

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Sounds pretty good! Hopefully the new album is better than Junk.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They're always amazing live
    Still regret all the times I missed them, the footage I’ve seen always looked like it was so much fun. But I’m not missing them this time.

This time, they’re playing in Denver on my birthday, and I’m doing everything I can to fucking be there. Grabbed a ticket on presale and now I simply wait.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I saw them at Bowery Ballroom in 2008 when they were touring Saturdays=Youth. It was incredible, at one of the best venues in the country.

Then I saw them November 2011 at Webster Hall right after Hurry Up, We're Dreaming came out. And that was practically a trascendental experience. Just completely epic night. The crowd was SO into the show, and it was great timing b/c you just felt the wave of how big that record was gonna get, and you were there right at the beginning of that journey.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the best show I saw them play was back around when I was 21 or so, and they were playing at this coffee shop at USC when I was a junior or something... and I kept trying to get my friends to go see this band called M83, and all of them were like "we're sick James, of you telling us to go to shows" and I was mad, angry that the show was about to happen at the stupid coffee shop... which was called Ground Zero, and this was before 9/11... and I was in the front row, of an audience of maybe 200 people, and I was screaming my head off, and they were covered in sweat by the end of the show. They owned it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I cannot believe they are playing in Paso Robles.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I cannot believe they are playing in Paso Robles.
    I know right? I might actually travel out for this one. It sounds undeniably awesome in the weirdest way.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they put out the first six songs on the new record today, and they f'ing BANG!

https://ilovem83.bandcamp.com/album/fantasy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Sounds pretty good! Hopefully the new album is better than Junk.
    Junk is my favorite album of theirs lol. Moments of that record feel almost vaporwave like.

New stuff sounds great, and I adore that album cover.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I didn't hate Junk by any means. It just felt kind of slight compared to previous albums.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm REALLY enjoying the new album. This is the album that he should have made after Hurry Up.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this is great.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Good album, although I think it's maybe a little bit too sedate in the first half. You get this big explosion of energy with "Oceans Niagara", then it settles down for several tracks, which honestly blurred together for me. Maybe that was the intention, but I feel like it needed a little more "oomph" or at least more variation in the first half.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-18-2023 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Album is a bit of a bore. Went in one ear and out the other, unfortunately.

=/

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Earth To Sea has quickly become one of the best songs I’ve ever heard. That’s just a perfect song.

I’ve said it before but Gonzalez makes music that you’d hear whilst flying around on Falcor (the appropriately named Junk being an exception).

Anmesia, Laura, Sunny Boy, and Oceans Niagara also kick ass.

I think my girlfriend is getting me a ticket to the Chicago show for my birthday and I’m excited. Gonna happy cry if I witness Earth To Sea live.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-27-2023 at 07:42 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    hope you like the new record if you're going to any of the upcoming shows...playing ten songs from it. WAY too much. I like the record but come on.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have a mixed reaction to the set list so far. I kinda get why Gonzalez might not want to do a bunch from the albums Morgan Kibby was on; she has a distinct voice. Sucks that the albums she was on are the best ones, though.

I do love the new album, though, so I’m excited to hear the new songs aside from The Dismemberment Bureau.