Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
Bowie's estate really fucked this live archive thing up royally, between the scarcity issues, obligatory price-gouging and Sandbag-levels of poor customer service horror stories circulating out there. I was already scratching my head from the beginning with the incomplete Dallas '95 set, but that tour was legendary to me so I bought it regardless. Then watched the price skyrocket on the secondary. As soon as I saw the Birmingham '95 show was missing "Boys Keep Swinging", they lost me; the complete show is in the Outside Tour 1995 UK Leg boxset, which I've owned for years anyway. And it just kept repeating with every subsequent release, most of which have circulated in trading circles for decades now anyway..

Instead, I spent my money on this recently: https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-...lease/10131240

It's unofficial, but it's rare as fuck and is about the most comprehensive set containing the 1994-1995 Outside demos we'll likely ever see. I listened to all five hours of it today and got lost in this music. Such great shit. Bowie at his weirdest and most experimental, stretching out and jamming for 20 minutes at a time on some passages. It's no wonder his record labels at the time wanted nothing to do with it. It sounds like you really just had to be there to understand what was happening in that room at the time..

If Iman ever decides to release an official boxset of this stuff and it's comprehensive, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Outside was my first proper introduction to Bowie all those years ago and remains his favorite period of mine. Wasn't there a rumor Bowie and NIN professionally recorded that entire tour leg they did together? I would buy every show of that tour if they were made available, sight unseen..
I love Leon too, but that was a waste of cash. All of the music is contained in the three suites (disc 2), which are available in this exact form for free. The rest of the tracks are leaked bits of that same music, and some fan fuckery with 'em.