UPDATE: this file upload to archive.org is faked and not from the actual CD (which is probably real). See discussion further down the thread

--------------------------------------

So, I don't think I missed a discussion about this, but if so, someone please point me towards it.

That "With Teeth (Tentative Sequence 12.23.04)" internal record label advance CD was posted two months ago, I guess:
https://archive.org/details/withteet...quence12.23.04

No one noticed? 2007 NIN ARG fans are ashamed to be in the same fandom as you!

Anyway, it seems to check out. The auction closed on 1/24. If it was mailed by Amoeba on 1/25, that means the auction winner probably received it by 1/28, the same date it was uploaded to archive.org. I thought it might be a fake upload, because the cover art uploaded to archive.org is just a cropped version of the eBay cover image. But as we delve into the audio content below, we see it must be genuine.

1. Every Day is Exactly the Same 3:51 - It appears to be identical to "Every Day is Exactly the Same (Edit)" from a promo CD, rather than the album version.

2. Getting Smaller Every Day 3:39 - It appears to be the same as the album version, except without segues at the beginning and end of the track.

3. Only 4:45 - This is what cemented for me that this was genuine. Starting at 4:05, it has a different vocal ending, never heard before AFAIK (these lyrics were on the lyrics poster). Vocal effects missing at 2:55

4. The Hand That Feeds 3:37 - Different intro before the vocals come in.

5. Cages 5:01 - This one seems farthest from the album version in terms of mixing and mastering. It has the full unsegued intro (as previously heard on the Instrumental version). The falsetto outro (starting at 4:23) is missing the piano, and is slightly different at the very end (because it was modified when the piano was added).

I haven't done a full A-B comparison on all the tracks, so there may be additional subtle differences (like the missing vocal effect on Only) that I missed. Anyone else find any differences?