So the spiral of this mess just keeps getting deeper. I work for a pool and spa company and we usually start around the end of March. I went and spoke to my boss in person about my situation with being forced out of my apartment by a money hungry parasite, I am forced to live at my mom and step dad's house. I was not willing to risk their lives so I told him I won't be able to start at the time I usually do. He said they were ahead of schedule and they could get by without me, but if they needed me by say... April 15th (His words) they would contact me and let me know.

With all of that said, they hadn't contacted me and my sister needed help in North Carolina watching my niece since they had to work and the guidelines weren't as strict there. So I went down waiting for a call that I never received so when I got back last week, I left him a voicemail saying how things were going since I haven't heard from them and I was willing to come back... No call back... Monday I call, no answer, leave message. Asked a few coworkers if he was around and they said "Yea but super busy." So I texted him today to see if he would respond because this all seemed fishy at this point and he sends me a text pointing out it was memorial day weekend and that they hired a full staff and if they needed me they would let me know..... Mind you I have been at the company 11 years, passed my certification test 2 years ago (Yes, it took that long for them to ask me) am a manager, just without the title, and he said my job would still be there.

Why I am so perplexed is due to the fact that they never even TRIED to contact me. If they needed me back, I would have worked something out with my sister and them and would have been back ASAP. Instead they hire other people and don't even let me know?

I am a person that likes to speak face to face or at least over the phone when it comes to most situations, so him purposely ignoring me and then letting me go via text didn't sit will with me. I called him and he finally picks up and answers with a loud, rude "WHAT" so I'm trying to figure out what is happening and he makes it out like I was supposed to contact them. He then proceeds to call me a liar saying he never said he would let me know when they needed me and back peddled on everything we discussed.

11 years.... And this is how I am treated, especially during this crazy time we are all in. I'm so upset over how this all went down and I'm still confused as to why I was never contacted. Completely unprofessional. Mind you, pool openings weren't even considered essential up until two weeks ago by the state of NY.