Thread: Rammstein

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What really overplayed is Du Hast. It's Rammstein's Closer and The Beautiful People. I wonder how they are not sick of playing it themselves.
    I agree that Du Hast is pretty overplayed... But I'm really not sick of it surprisingly. It's just... I donno there is something about it, it's just so simple that everyone can sing along, and it has a goddamn awesome crunching guitar beat. It was the second R+ song I ever heard, the first being Engel, so maybe I just have a place in my heart for that song.

Back in 1998, when we were teenagers, me and my friends used to blast that song and just go fucking INSANE, fucking headbanging and ramming into each other, haha.

And When I hear that song live, the energy of the room, with there being a couple hundred-thousand people in the room just rocking the fuck out in a giant area, takes me back to that time when I was a kid, and it's like EVERYONE is fucking rocking out hard and it's a simple song that everyone can get into and sing along.

That's my stroy about Du Hast. =)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    And When I hear that song live, the energy of the room, with there being a couple hundred-thousand people in the room just rocking the fuck out in a giant area, takes me back to that time when I was a kid, and it's like EVERYONE is fucking rocking out hard and it's a simple song that everyone can get into and sing along.
    Exactly that! While I was sick to death of hearing du hast as it's the only Rammstein song everybody knows and keeps singing whenever you mention the band the concert situation really lifts it to as higher level. As with alot of Rammstein songs you need that crowd-experience with everyone rocking out. Unbelievable!

And that's the same for a few other bands, too. March of the pigs never gets old. Of course, at home in front of your stereo it might get boring, but as soon as I hear Trent yelling something like "c'mon pigs" and drums kicking in I get excited.