Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 3672

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "vinyls"

Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-29-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I donno about you guys, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone calls Rammstein, "Ramm-Steen" it's like nails on a chalkboard for me. A part of me inside just cringes so hard. I wore a R+ shirt to work today and this guy kept saying "Ramm-steen" to me.
    Haha, don't get me started! Every year's Oktoberfest is full with people asking me for "Beer-Steens"... but anyhow, guess a lot of Americans will cringe listening to Germans pronounce certain words,too. Part of the game!

Giving it a few more listens I think that "Radio" would make a quite good cut for mainstream airplay. It's a song I can feel listening to on my daily commute alongside other tracks ona typcial rock radio station.

On a side note: browsing the German speaking RA-forums is a nightmare. It makes you truly appreciate the people around here for their usually well spokenness and being so tech savy with all these nice releases, NIN live etc.

I really wanted to dive deep to let you guys now if anybody has heard something from the production of the tour so far and to what extend Black Box Media is involved, setlist hints or any other clues surrounding the tour, but I can only take a few minutes at a time in these swamps of a message board. Jesus Christ...
    Last edited by dlb; 04-29-2019 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Help! I can’t stop listening to Radio. Probably my favorite single in a LONG time. Any band.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Urgh... Video for zeig dich is going to be released any day now as well...
    It's the one with the nuns in it... FFS...

Enough with the videos. Seriously... 3/5 videos/singles released before the album even drops? I'm not liking that. They're pumping this shit out WAY too fast.
    Mutter had what... 5 or 6 videos as well, and those were nicely spread out between a couple years.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Urgh... Video for zeig dich is going to be released any day now as well...
    It's the one with the nuns in it... FFS...

Enough with the videos. Seriously... 3/5 videos/singles released before the album even drops? I'm not liking that. They're pumping this shit out WAY too fast.
    Mutter had what... 5 or 6 videos as well, and those were nicely spread out between a couple years.
    Prediction: Rammstein is making a visual album with this and we could possibly get videos for each song. It's not unprecedented these days even thought it would be a new thing for them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Prediction: Rammstein is making a visual album with this and we could possibly get videos for each song. It's not unprecedented these days even thought it would be a new thing for them.
    Lindemann's Skills In Pills was also a visual album and we sadly didn't get that either. All we got was Praise Abort and Fish On.

That'd be a cool idea though.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Lindemann's Skills In Pills was also a visual album and we sadly didn't get that either. All we got was Praise Abort and Fish On.

That'd be a cool idea though.
    I wish we got more music videos for that album. After listening to these last couple Rammstein songs, I find myself actually appreciating Lindemann more and more.
    It sounded goofy and silly at first, but musically, it's awesome. I've really come to appreciate the project as time went on. Hoping for another record from the duo sooner rather than later, but with Rammstein's busy schedule, it'll probably be a while til we get new music from Lindemann.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I wish we got more music videos for that album. After listening to these last couple Rammstein songs, I find myself actually appreciating Lindemann more and more.
    It sounded goofy and silly at first, but musically, it's awesome. I've really come to appreciate the project as time went on. Hoping for another record from the duo sooner rather than later, but with Rammstein's busy schedule, it'll probably be a while til we get new music from Lindemann.
    I loved it immediately and so did Ryan (RIP).

It was basically Rammstein + Goofy Bullshit + Hypocrisy + Pain

Pretty hard NOT to be good. Peter Tagtgren rules and Till is Till.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-01-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Haven’t watched it myself, but:

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Last January Rammstein published a few photos from a shooting with Jonas Åkerlund. Thanks to an interview with actress Pia Hemstedt, we know that the video is for Zeig dich ("Show yourself").

In Rammstein's new video "Zeig Dich", I play as a nun. The work was both relaxed and exciting. For me, it was like a live concert. As a nun, I was sitting in the front row of a Berlin church, and Rammstein gave a concert in front of me. Rammstein is known for their controversial videos, this motto is applied to 100%.

The release date of Jonas Åkerlund's video is not yet known. You can find the
    lyrics of Zeig dich on your site.

ORIGINAL LYRICS

Exmustamus
    Crucifixus
    Murisuri
    Extraspection

Exmustamus
    Crucifixus
    Lumine
    Extraspection

Verlangen verfluchen
    Verdammen Versuchung
    Verdammnis versprechen
    Verüben sie Verbrechen
    Verheißung verkünden
    Vergebung aller Sünden
    Verbreiten und vermehren
    Im Namen des Herren

Zeig dich

Verstecken verzichten
    Verbrennen und vernichten
    Verhütung verboten
    Verstreuen sie Gebote
    Verfolgung verkünden
    Vergebung der Sünden
    Verbreiten, sich vermehren
    Im Namen des Herren

Zeig dich

Zeig dich
    Versteck dich nicht
    Zeig dich
    Wir vermehren das Licht
    Zeig dich
    Kein Engel in der Not
    Kein Gott zeigt sich
    Der Himmel färbt sich rot

Verfehlung verfolgen
    Verführung vergelten
    Vergnügen verpönt
    Verlogen und verwöhnt
    Als Versehen sich
    An Kindern vergehen
    Verbreiten und vermehren
    Im Namen des Herren

Zeig dich

Zeig dich
    Versteck dich nicht
    Zeig dich
    Wir vermehren das Licht
    Zeig dich
    Kein Engel in der Not
    Kein Gott zeigt sich
    Der Himmel färbt sich rot

[COLOR=#999999 !important]Lyrics © Rammstein GbR

TRANSLATION

The translation will be available soon.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    I dig this part. Harks back to both Engel and Children Of The Sun by Lindemann:

No angel in need
    No god shows up
    The sky turns red
    Track misconduct
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-03-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Haven’t watched it myself, but:

That was actually a very well made video. I agree, ain't nothing quite like Rammstein. They are such a unique band. Sure is going to be sad when they finally throw in the towel. Everyone enjoy this next record/tour cycle like it's their last, because it very well could be.

I really can't imagine a world without these guys and Trent making music in it. I know that's a grim/morbid thought. I don't want either of them to pass, but face it... we're all human and we all get old and we all will die one of these days. R+ and NIN have been 2 very important staples of my life for the last 20 years.
    I'm a mild Bowie fan, so his death never really hit me. I like Type O, but it never really affected me when Peter died. Rammstein is going to hit hard once this band ends.

If you have never seen this band before, make plans to travel great lengths if they aren't coming near you in the next tour cycle. It'll be worth it. I wish I could see a R+ show every year for the rest of my life. Ain't nothing better then a show from these 6.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-04-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    That was actually a very well made video. I agree, ain't nothing quite like Rammstein. They are such a unique band. Sure is going to be sad when they finally throw in the towel. Everyone enjoy this next record/tour cycle like it's their last, because it very well could be.

I really can't imagine a world without these guys and Trent making music in it. I know that's a grim/morbid thought. I don't want either of them to pass, but face it... we're all human and we all get old and we all will die one of these days. R+ and NIN have been 2 very important staples of my life for the last 20 years.
    I'm a mild Bowie fan, so his death never really hit me. I like Type O, but it never really affected me when Peter died. Rammstein is going to hit hard once this band ends.

If you have never seen this band before, make plans to travel great lengths if they aren't coming near you in the next tour cycle. It'll be worth it. I wish I could see a R+ show every year for the rest of my life. Ain't nothing better then a show from these 6.
    Don’t forget the recent interview with Till a page or two back where he said it was likely they’d release another album after this one! *reassurance pat*

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Have you guys been pre ordering thru the official shop? Any other suggestions, it's trying to charge me a 25 euro fee for shipping which seems pretty steep.

(Yes I'm in the us)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Have you guys been pre ordering thru the official shop? Any other suggestions, it's trying to charge me a 25 euro fee for shipping which seems pretty steep.

(Yes I'm in the us)
    I did Amazon. Unless they're giving you something extra special, there's no need to deal with a band's shop.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I did Amazon. Unless they're giving you something extra special, there's no need to deal with a band's shop.
    Thanks, nothing special from what I can tell.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    The first 10 seconds of Radio remind me of something from Sounds Of The Universe by Depeche Mode. Or maybe “My Little Universe” from Delta Machine? I can’t remember the exact song it sounds like off-hand.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So is Radio the first Rammvideo with choreography?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Everything Rammstein does is choreographed at least to some extent. Otherwise they would have blown themselves up long ago!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    If you don't count the ants from the "Links 2,3,4" video, maybe

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    If you don't count the ants from the "Links 2,3,4" video, maybe
    Still can't believe how well trained they were.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Much as I’ve tried not to listen to Deutschland and Radio much to avoid over-playing, I can’t help myself. The songs are just too good.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

They shared the Stripped video on their YouTube today. Till's English at its silliest.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post

They shared the Stripped video on their YouTube today. Till's English at its silliest.
    Why? An anniversary?

I got the entire video collection on blu-ray that they released a few years ago so it's nothing new or anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Deutschland and Radio are great, and I tend to prefer the album tracks over the singles, so I have hope for this album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Why? An anniversary?

I got the entire video collection on blu-ray that they released a few years ago so it's nothing new or anything.
    Not sure, but YouTube channels do this stuff sometimes, like how NIN’s channel added the TPD video for no apparent reason recently.

They’re probably just adding whatever wasn’t on the channel to it in order to help with album hype.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    They also uploaded the making of along with it.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/29...zi-propaganda/

Looking Back, RAMMSTEIN Defends Video for “Stripped” While Admitting Naivety About Incorporating Nazi Propaganda

Over 20 years after their inception, Rammstein have become elder statesmen of techno-metal, continuing to demolish arenas worldwide with (literally) explosive live performances. In 2019, the band is resurging with a vengeance; word of a new album was followed by an absolutely stunning, cinematic video for the single “Deutschland”, an ambitious effort that attempts to confront the entirety of German history.
    Related Article: Lyrics and Meaning of RAMMSTEIN’s “Deutschland” Explained by a German Scholar
    “Deutschland” was soon followed by the aptly titled, radio-friendly video for “Radio”, a track that proves Rammstein still has a knack for creating infectious ear-worms like back in the “Du Hast” and “Engel” days.
    Related Article: NSFW Video for RAMMSTEIN’s “Radio” is, Ironically, the Band’s Most Mainstream Track to Date
    But Ramstein weren’t always kings of pandemonium. There was a time when they were wet behind the ears, still making brash and short-sighted decisions not uncommon among young, up-and-coming musicians. In 1998, the band was selected to participate in For the Masses: An Album of Depeche Mode Songs and the track they selected to cover was “Stripped”
    This meant new exposure for the band, still obscure even on their home continent. And while the “Stripped” was praised for its creativity and juxtapositions, the video produced to accompany it caused a huge controversy. Had it all gone down in the Internet Age, the band may not have survived the ruckus.
    The problem is, the band was already suspected of having far-right leanings. It’s ridiculous, actually, since the Rammstein has always been extremely liberal in their politics, but their serious expressions and regimented performances (not to mention the fact that all of their songs before “Stripped” were sung in German) had the ignorant accusing the band of promoting racism and nationalism.
    For this reason, the incorporation of footage culled from some of pre-World War II’s most infamous propaganda practitioners was extremely problematic. When the world saw a video that combined modern imagery with footage used by Hitler to promote his tyrannical agenda, it only reinforced the already-incorrect perception that the band was comprised of Nazi sympathizers.
    In the video embedded at the top of the article, frontman Till Lindemann, guitarists Paul Landers and Richard Z. Kruspe, and drummer Christoph Schneider reflect on “Stripped” 20 years later. They’re joined by director Philipp Stolzl and the five discuss their intentions while creating the video for “Stripped” back in 1998. While they all defend their intentions, there is an admission of naivety in regards to the inclusion of Nazi propaganda.
    Before pressing “Play”, make sure to turn on your subtitles and set them to English–unless you happen to be fluent in German!
    It’s a fascinating window into what was actually a make-it-or-break-it moment for Rammstein. Thank goodness they made it!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Did we already know the release date or did Amazon just let it slip?