Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 3665

Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah me too, I guess one of the Europe dates already leaked for 2021
    Lockdown has been going ok so far until I realised today that summer is to be

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    Lockdown has been going ok so far until I realised today that summer is to be
    I'm hoping for a total lockdown but it won't happen. To make matters worse, I work for a retailer that's deemed "essential" so I won't be getting out of work. I'm getting paid more but I don't really care because there is still basically a 100% chance I'll get sick eventually.

I'd much rather be seeing the 7 shows and 2 festivals I had planned this year. Rage and the Stones have already been postponed, I'm sure Tool, Rammstein and Ministry will all be next

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I wonder how many times the guys have considered covering Die Eier Von Satan by Tool?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess never, no Rammstein kind of humor and not enough riffage for Richard. :P Whereas Knorkator or Laibach could pull it off very well.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I saw this guy randomly a couple of days ago.

https://ibb.co/CwTPjhX

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    any updates on Til?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No further news apart from his Instagram-story and the Facebook post with the comic. Looks like he's home and recovering. With the tour still being in peril due to the pandemic.

In other news, Till is facing severe accusations for trivializing rape in one of his poems called "Wenn sie schläft", which is included in his new book "100 Gedichte". And once more it's the oh so old discussion what art is allowed to portay and what not.

Personally I don't care about his poems which have only gotten worse as his lyrics imho, then again... there's far worse stuff out there on mainstream media disrespecting women and trivializing violence among genders that should get pulled from being accessible to minors. Next!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Is there a translation for said poem?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm a bit amazed this is getting so much media attention currently in Germany and Austria, as the book "100 Gedichte" seems to be out since early March, which I totally forgot about:

Wenn du schläfst

"Ich schlafe gerne mit dir, wenn du schläfst.
    Wenn du dich überhaupt nicht regst.
    Mund ist offen, Augen zu.
    Der ganze Körper ist in Ruhe.
    Kann dich überall anfassen.
    Schlaf gerne mit dir, wenn du träumst.
    Und genau so soll das sein (so soll das sein so macht es Spaß).
    Etwas Rohypnol im Wein (etwas Rohypnol ins Glas).
    Kannst dich gar nicht mehr bewegen.
    Und du schläfst, es ist ein Segen."

When you sleep

"I like sleeping with you when you sleep.
    When you "re not moving at all.
    Mouth is open, eyes closed.
    The whole body is at rest.
    Can touch you anywhere.
    I like to sleep with you when you "re dreaming.
    And that's the way it should be (that's the way it should be, that's fun).
    Some Rohypnol in the wine (some Rohypnol in the glass).
    You can't move at all anymore.
    And you sleep, it's a blessing."
    Last edited by dlb; 04-07-2020 at 03:35 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Why now though? There’s been shit like this in R+ songs for years.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    That’s just typical Till. And tame compared to a ton of other lyrics. How about walling someone up while they’re alive back in 2004? Or sleeping with a corpse in 1995?

Has anyone read Flake’s second book? The description said it shines a light into the world of R+ -

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog...eburtstag.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guess it has something to do with the media always shining the light on Till himself rather than looking at the lyrical ego as is, whenever lyrics/poems like these arise... it was sent out as a sample apparently, so that might have shoven things down the wrong people's throat anyway.

The Flake book is one of the best things out there about the inner workings of Rammstein. Too bad it's only available in German. Both of his books are great, but his own biography focuses more on the GDR and his musical upringing and whereabouts during that time. The second one takes a deep dive into touring life and of course elaborates on the first US tours, early Rammstein concerts opening up for the Ramones in Germany, early record deals, the rise to fame and playing overseas in South America etc. A decent read and I can only recommend listening to it if you understand German. It's on Spotify e.g.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The most disturbing songs for me will always be Heirate Mich, Spiel Mit Mir and Mein Teil.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    The most disturbing songs for me will always be Heirate Mich, Spiel Mit Mir and Mein Teil.
    And all three of those songs have been performed heavily live.

/Till troll face

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Thinking of it, there has been a huge outcry as well for Mein Teil at the time and if it's okay to handle such a heavy and very recent topic lyrically. Personally I think that Mein Teil is still very subtle in parts whereas other lines in that song are very tongue in cheek combined with the music. And let's not forget the live presentation which is clearly over the top and "entertainment".

With this poem or his poems in general I think people have a problem that it's indeed written down and therefore "true", published in a book by a renowned publisher and sold by the thousands. Guess that makes people upset and of course Germany somewhat holds poetry very dear by history. How can a rockstar even feel entitled to release his own poetry? The backlash will die down either way in the coming days and I'm sure Till will have nothing to fear apart from even more people buying the new book.

Like I said, that particular poem was sent to several journalists as a sample for the book and an apetizzer for proper reviews. Guess it just didn't sit well with most of them and in particular those who only have that distorted and one-sided opinion about Rammstein based on news coverages and semi-professional articles.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Guess it has something to do with the media always shining the light on Till himself rather than looking at the lyrical ego as is, whenever lyrics/poems like these arise... it was sent out as a sample apparently, so that might have shoven things down the wrong people's throat anyway.

The Flake book is one of the best things out there about the inner workings of Rammstein. Too bad it's only available in German. Both of his books are great, but his own biography focuses more on the GDR and his musical upringing and whereabouts during that time. The second one takes a deep dive into touring life and of course elaborates on the first US tours, early Rammstein concerts opening up for the Ramones in Germany, early record deals, the rise to fame and playing overseas in South America etc. A decent read and I can only recommend listening to it if you understand German. It's on Spotify e.g.
    Will you read it to me under candle light?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha anytime Ryan! If you have 9h, a crate of beer and a plane ticket to spare, my reading voice is all yours!

Would love to return to Australia actually...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That Flake book’s coming out in English in... May?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I vote for @dlb to translate it and get commission.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Apparently it's already been translated, but the schedule for February is of course not correct. Amazon lists the 11th of August.

In the meantime I found an English sample though:

https://www.fischerverlage.de/media/...le_English.pdf

And here's the man himself reading some of it (German of course):

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The publisher's site has signed English hardcover copies w/ a vinyl audiobook. Expected to start shipping sometime in July 2020 (a month prior to the August 11th release date). $35:

https://rarebirdlit.com/its-the-worl...-of-rammstein/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Update on the tour:

"We are monitoring the situation in the individual countries very attentively and are in close contact with the band's local partners. As soon as there is clear and binding information it will be passed on to every ticket holder for the upcoming shows. Until then we appreciate your patience and understanding."

https://www.rammstein.de/en/rammstein-tour-2020/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The publisher's site has signed English hardcover copies w/ a vinyl audiobook. Expected to start shipping sometime in July 2020 (a month prior to the August 11th release date). $35:

https://rarebirdlit.com/its-the-worl...-of-rammstein/
    Sweet, ordered one!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Ah nice, guess the long wait eventually paid off for you guys. Sweet!

Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit... indeed!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No large events in Germany until August 31 as of today. So let's see how the band reacts and if the rest of the EU tour is in peril as well.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Einsturzende Neubauten canceled their US tour, and they were playing Philly a week or two after Rammstein. They cited a complete halt to travel-related issues such as getting their visas processed.

This was going to be such a good year for shows, too.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    No large events in Germany until August 31 as of today. So let's see how the band reacts and if the rest of the EU tour is in peril as well.
    I’d be down with them releasing more studio material.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    One of the only good things to come out of this situation is indeed bands releasing some candid stuff here and there. I highly doubt Rammstein will release anything for free or withouth some marketing, but maybe Richard or Lindemann let something slip.

I also got the Live aus Berlin DVD and while the new packaging is nicer than that age old DVD jewel case, it's sad that they didn't bother to touch the source material in any way. The menu is faster, Bück dich is included and the sound is still great, but no touchups besides the packaging. Would have hoped for a little remaster in terms of picture quality as that didn't age well at all. It's nice to have though and the booklet is neat with some of my favorite Rammstein photos.

Anyhow, somebody combined the different camera angles on this one:

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    One of the only good things to come out of this situation is indeed bands releasing some candid stuff here and there. I highly doubt Rammstein will release anything for free or withouth some marketing, but maybe Richard or Lindemann let something slip.

I also got the Live aus Berlin DVD and while the new packaging is nicer than that age old DVD jewel case, it's sad that they didn't bother to touch the source material in any way. The menu is faster, Bück dich is included and the sound is still great, but no touchups besides the packaging. Would have hoped for a little remaster in terms of picture quality as that didn't age well at all. It's nice to have though and the booklet is neat with some of my favorite Rammstein photos.

Anyhow, somebody combined the different camera angles on this one:

I take it it's still the same aspect ratio as the original? The picture didn't fill up the screen and you always had to adjust it TV/player.

(I got it too but my region free player is in storage and I haven't had a chance to get it out?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Aspect ratio is 16:9 and it plays fine, but then again, my setup is 10+ years old...