Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm mostly concerned about my parents. They're not in a good position to handle this thing.
    I’m keeping my mom quarantined in her condo, she does not leave except to take the trash to the garbage chute down the hall. When she does that, she uses the rubber gloves I gave her and she removes the gloves using the isopropyl wipes I gave her. She lets nobody but me into her condo.

When I go anywhere, I limit my trips or only my husband goes out. We are careful as to what touches our clothes and counters (which I constantly disinfect). Each time we come into the house, we remove our shoes at the door, and we remove and launder our clothes in warm water.

I picked up my mom’s laundry today, which I will launder at my house so she won’t have to utilize the condo laundry room.

I pick up her food and medicine for her and deliver them to her, directly, so she won’t have to leave her condo.

I also pick up and deliver items for her elderly neighbor and his cat.

When I visit mom, we do this sort of a side hug. My mom is really affectionate, she’s a “gimme a big hug!” mom; so this is a difficult time for her, but I don’t want the risk of killing her. She totally understands this.

Her elderly neighbor guy used to come over to her condo for coffee nearly every night and they’d eat windmill cookies. He calls me now to see how she’s doing because she doesn’t want anyone in her condo, not even him. Her neighbor is really lonely, now, so he calls me. His family doesn’t take care of him so I take him to the doctor and stuff. He calls me now to ask if it’s okay to do stuff, because I finally got him scared (he thought this virus was no big deal). “Can I go get my mail in the lobby?” (Edit: Tonight, he was relieved when I told him that I’d get his mail for him.)

My husband and I dropped off a box of blueberry muffins for him today. He wanted me to program some numbers into his phone for him, but I’m afraid to touch his phone.

They’re afraid of dying. I’m mostly afraid of running out of toilet paper. And them dying.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-19-2020 at 10:19 PM.