Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    The Toronto case was confirmed.

Los Angeles case confirmed today.

Just a matter of time til i gets here. Will be in Vancouver by end of the month with all the travel to/from China for the Lunar year. We have a huge Chinese population here.
    Last I read, they quarantined about 13 cities in China. No in or out. Including by flight or by road. So that begs the question, how are these people getting through still?

It seems like every case I read about that leaks to another part of the world was from someone who traveled to the infected area.
    I feel like they quarantined Wuhan a little too late. The cat had already been let out of the bag at that point.

Canada's "screening process" is also a joke. It's basically the honor system. They ask you if you traveled to an infected area and they ask you if you have any symptoms and that's it. And they take your word if you say no, lol. Anyone can very much lie to carry on with their day.

The city of Vancouver here, cancelled all Chinese New Year festivities and parades yesterday to take precautions even though the virus hasn't been "officially announced" here. So, least they have some street smarts here. Someone could have very well returned with the virus, fell sick and didn't report it or go to a hospital. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more cases out already just unreported. Not everyone that has a cold or flu goes to the hospital. In fact, they usually train us here NOT to go if you think you just have a cold or flu because there is nothing a dr's office or hospital can do if you have it. Basically tell you to go home and rest.

With this shit, slightly different story since it basically causes pneumonia. I'd be done for if I caught this because I have weak lungs. I had re-occuring collapsed lungs when I was a teenager. Had about 9 cases in a Calendar year. Went for an operation to fix it. They cut out part of the bad lung. I have shortness of breath sometimes, so catching this could be fatal for me.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    The Toronto case was confirmed.

Los Angeles case confirmed today.

Just a matter of time til i gets here. Will be in Vancouver by end of the month with all the travel to/from China for the Lunar year. We have a huge Chinese population here.
    Last I read, they quarantined about 13 cities in China. No in or out. Including by flight or by road. So that begs the question, how are these people getting through still?

It seems like every case I read about that leaks to another part of the world was from someone who traveled to the infected area.
    I feel like they quarantined Wuhan a little too late. The cat had already been let out of the bag at that point.

Canada's "screening process" is also a joke. It's basically the honor system. They ask you if you traveled to an infected area and they ask you if you have any symptoms and that's it. And they take your word if you say no, lol. Anyone can very much lie to carry on with their day.

The city of Vancouver here, cancelled all Chinese New Year festivities and parades yesterday to take precautions even though the virus hasn't been "officially announced" here. So, least they have some street smarts here. Someone could have very well returned with the virus, fell sick and didn't report it or go to a hospital. I wouldn't be surprised if there were many more cases out already just unreported. Not everyone that has a cold or flu goes to the hospital. In fact, they usually train us here NOT to go if you think you just have a cold or flu because there is nothing a dr's office or hospital can do if you have it. Basically tell you to go home and rest.

With this shit, slightly different story since it basically causes pneumonia. I'd be done for if I caught this because I have weak lungs. I had re-occuring collapsed lungs when I was a teenager. Had about 9 cases in a Calendar year. Went for an operation to fix it. They cut out part of the bad lung. I have shortness of breath sometimes, so catching this could be fatal for me.
    same thing is happening in seattle with lunar new year events