Page 113 of 122 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    MEANWHILE, this is awesome:

Also, @allegate , Omicron Delta, i just realized, is ALSO an anagram for Relocation MD.

THAT'S WHERE THEY'RE GONNA BUILD THE CAMPS, for the True Worshippers of Trump! Maryland!
    Repent now in the name of Donald Trump!
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-18-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That's pretty much that. I'm not getting it. I'm just mostly staying home, masking up, etc.
    I see my rheumatologist on the 23rd, and will ask him about it again, but last time, he wasn't sure if I should get it or not.

I'm PRETTY fucking sick/disabled like 90% of the time. I'm not trying to get fucking SICKER from a covid shot. Autoimmune shit is NOT FUN.
    Everyone is different, I would just trust your doctor. I've never seen autoimmune stuff before her, and it was scary.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My mother in law took my wife and our girls to dinner on Tuesday after a trip to NYC. MiL tested positive Wednesday, wife and the girls tested yesterday. Wife is negative, just found out our 3 month old is positive and waiting for results on our almost 2 year old.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Got my booster last night. All good, just a sore arm.
    Same here....sore arm and a slight runny nose but nothing major.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I would never suggest anyone disregard a medical professional opinion, but in this case @elevenism I would seek a second opinion from another doctor.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    maybe a little hyperbolic but probably close to the average experience.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump tells his supporters not to boo after revealing he got a booster shot and is pro-vaccination

Trump told supporters not to boo when he announced he'd gotten the COVID-19 booster shot.
    The audience cheered when Trump said he was opposed to vaccine mandates.
    But the reaction changed when Trump and Bill O'Reilly said they were vaccinated and had boosters.
    Christmas is a couple days early this year, wow.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-20-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah... it's a little late to try to figure out how to put that toothpaste back in the tube

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i guess…

i’m a bit sour because trump should’ve led the way on the vaccine. he should’ve pushed it on everyone as he left office. the vaccine should be his success story. instead we have to deal with the chaos of the dummies who push fake science and sow doubt simply because he couldn’t lead. fuck him. such a fucking dick for never being the leader our country needed in the tumultuous time. as the numbers rise again, i’m truly bitter about the consequences of his election.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah... it's a little late to try to figure out how to put that toothpaste back in the tube
    Or the invermectin in this case.

Under 40 cases here right now!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I feel like Omicron is the beginning of the end of the pandemic, but that it's going to be horrendous getting there.

I've heard more than one science table advisor from my province (Ontario, Canada) say that hey expect almost every single person in the province will catch Omicron regardless of vaccination status within the next couple months. I got my booster shot moved up and received it today, so I've got pretty good protection, but my kids aren't eligible for their 3rd yet. My brothers kids are still waiting the appropriate waiting period to get their second. My brother is taking his time, and the speed at which this thing is multiplying is staggering.

I think it's too late to convince the unvaccinated, even if they changed their minds right now, Omicron is spreading too fast for them to get through enough doses for proper protection. I'm expecting the next few months to be a shitshow worse than anything we've seen so far in the pandemic. Luckily Omicron doesn't appear to be as deadly, but I don't think it's going to be less deadly enough to counteract the extra cases.

But, once we've made it through these next few months, between vaccinations and natural immunities built up by being infected, we should have sufficient antibodies in us to move this into the endemic phase. It's just going to cost a hell of a lot of lives to get there.

Maybe I'll be wrong, and Omicron will be less deadly by such a huge margin that we don't have that much of an increase in casualties, I would really love to be wrong and have that be the case. It's definitely replacing delta, so that's no longer a concern. I guess we're about to find out how much less deadly it is.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I fear worse. I actually fear the next variant could be the one that really fucks us up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I fear worse. I actually fear the next variant could be the one that really fucks us up.
    GODDAMMIT mike came in here with a hot vibe and you're KILLING it.

I'm kidding...I have no fucking clue what's going to happen beyond me getting every shot they tell me to get.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Alberta has opened up the new booster to anyone 18+. Thursday morning!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    maybe a little hyperbolic but probably close to the average experience.

Where are stages 3 and 5?

Meanwhile, my second Pfizer was administered on October 05. When would I be eligible to get a third shot/booster?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-22-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Meanwhile, my second Pfizer was administered on October 05. When would I be eligible to get a third shot/booster?
    Current guidance is no earlier than 6 months from your second dose.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Third shot done! I'm able to put the day aside if there's any side effects, there's enough media to catch up on.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Where are stages 3 and 5?

Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Current guidance is no earlier than 6 months from your second dose.

It's been shortened to 3 months here, in Québec. My mom is getting her third dose on Jan 16. I am due for my third shot too but we're doing the age bracket thing again and right now, I'm "too young".

The province of Québec has had over 9,000 new Covid cases today. *sighs*

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just got my Moderna booster. very happy. the Rite Aid said they were totally booked for vaccines/booster for the foreseeable future. I overheard at least 7 people ask for covid tests.

it's bad in NJ. We had 6,000 a day in the middle of the month, now over 15,000 a day.

and yet people are going to holiday parties, or acting like nothing is going on. it's sickening.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was in the drug store the other day buying candy for stockings and the line wasn't moving. a cashier came over and told the guy in front of me that he could come to the makeup counter to checkout. He turned to see if I wanted to go and I saw the Binax box in his hand so I told him that he could just go ahead over there, I was perfectly fine with that.

sheesh.

Currently at work we're dealing with expiring Covid tests and expiring PPE. I truly don't see how we're in a position in the world where "hey, we had a fucking awful time getting PPE a year ago but now it's all expiring, let's just throw it all out" is a viable conversation that isn't laughed out of the room. It's a face mask, it doesn't expire. ask the dolphins in the ocean how well facemasks break down!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Here in Ontario, we don't really know our true case numbers anymore because you can't book a test any sooner than you'd be able to get out of isolation even if it came back negative. And rapid tests are sold out everywhere. They tried to distrubute some, but they were extraordinarily under-stocked.

We know we hit at least 10,000 on Christmas Day, which is crazy considering we were at 780 on December 1.

And our premier is nowhere to be found. Our science table predicted this about a week before Christmas and he just let it happen without doing anything.

We've entered the "everyone is doing their own thing now because our leader has abandoned ship" phase of the pandemic. If everyone who was supposed to isolate actually did though, our province would probably shut down soon, because there's just so many people.....

It kind of feels like we've just collectively given up on it at this point.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    G and I got our Moderna boosters on December 9th, and that appointment took two weeks (online at Walgreens). I’m really glad I stayed on it in the middle of the holidays and got it over with.

Now people are on Twitter saying they’ve had Covid THREE TIMES. Even vaccinated people. And not one long illness, but different variants. One guy G knows said he was just in the hospital with the latest variant, even though he was vaccinated. But they gave him an IV of antibodies and sent him home, and he’s getting better.

I really hope Omicron doesn’t have terrible longterm effects.

I’m not going anywhere until this shit goes away.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-27-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    G and I got our Moderna boosters on December 9th, and that appointment took two weeks (online at Walgreens).
    Wow... I just walked into the CVS and waited five minutes. I guess the silver lining at this point might be that people are finally lining up to get the shot, realizing that hey, Youtube Paranoia School isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow... I just walked into the CVS and waited five minutes. I guess the silver lining at this point might be that people are finally lining up to get the shot, realizing that hey, Youtube Paranoia School isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    The CVS stores by us only have Pfizer boosters. Only some Target CVS carry Moderna boosters. So I had to go through Walgreens, which was fine but no walk-ins. I got my Mom a Moderna booster by walk-in at a Target CVS, but that was November 3rd.

Yeah, the boosters have been VERY popular here in the Chicagoland area.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    not so much here it seems. I got Phizer for my first two shots, and got the Moderna booster. Lucked out that it seems the Moderna booster is more resistant to the omicron variant.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Coronavirus - COVID-19

i still have my cough and ache so much, and i had covid back in the beginning of November.
    and had AstraZeneca for my first 2 doses, get y booster 10th January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by [parasite]; 12-27-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Welp I just booked a hotel for a three day stay in Hell's Kitchen for a trade show in mid-January, here on the week New York reported historically high case numbers for COVID. So if the event is still on, I should be getting there just about when we see how closely COVID deaths follow the pattern.

I got my booster about two weeks ago, I'm triple Pfizer at this point. Work isn't making us go, and anyone who doesn't feel comfortable can back out, but I'm kinda stir crazy, they're going to be strict about vaccination and masks, and it's not like I go to the crowded events anyway, I'll be behind a booth for two and a half days, and solo in a nearby hotel for the nights.

In Philadelphia they're mandating vaccination card checks at restaurants, and people are up in arms. I think it's something like 98% of all COVID deaths are people who are unvaccinated, I've been having uncharitable thoughts about this for a while, but no real vent for those thoughts because I've been pretty good about social distancing.

I'm glad that my chances of dying from COVID are pretty low, still not super stoked about COVID and its long-term effects, but I feel like I need a change of scenery. Trouble is, even though I've recently been to Chicago and Miami (again, for work), it hasn't really been enjoyable because of this pandemic veil of anxiety that colors everything.

We ordered a bunch of Binax boxes when the first rumbles about Omicron started up. So far, no positive tests.

End rant? Hang in there.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I would never suggest anyone disregard a medical professional opinion, but in this case @elevenism I would seek a second opinion from another doctor.
    The only problem is that, by the time I get a NEW rheumatologist, I could either be dead from covid, or the whole thing might be over. It took a good 6mos to.get this one.

I'm still going back and forth on the idea, tbh, rheumatologist be damned.
    Meanwhile, well, i'm quite literally not going ANYWHERE for a good while after that wreck: that was our only car.

Aside from that, I still treat it like it's the peak of the virus: rarely leaving the house, masking up, treating the mask like it's made of lava when I get home, not going near anyone, at all, etc.