Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my first Pfizer one this morning. I was called last night about getting it this morning. Someone must have cancelled.

I expect to feel unwell for like 2 days now, lol

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    For what it’s worth I got both shots without issue other than a sore arm for a couple days.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Inslee announced this morning that the shot is available for 12-15 y/o's and my wife had my son awake and with an appointment in like 10 minutes after. Directly after his track practice today he's going to get the first shot. I should tell them that he should request non-throwing arm.

This weekend is going to be fraught as we watch him for reaction. he gets out of some chores though, lucky him.
    Last edited by allegate; 05-13-2021 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Inslee announced this morning that the shot is available for 12-15 y/o's and my wife had my son awake and with an appointment in like 10 minutes after. Directly after his track practice today he's going to get the first shot. I should tell them that he should request non-throwing arm.

This weekend is going to be fraught as we watch him for reaction. he gets out of some chores though, lucky him.
    Glad your son is getting jabbed. Where do you live? I'm in West Seattle where there is no escaped, haha. I have to go downtown today & rather than deal with the Georgetown mess, I'll drive to Burien & cut over to I5 there. Miles out of my way but is quicker.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Vancouver B, the suburb of Portland.

I was TDY'd to Seattle for two weeks when I first got this job; I think it attributed to my depression at the time.
    “People talk about New York and Los Angeles when they discuss terrible traffic, but those people are dilettantes. Any true connoisseur of terrible traffic knows that Seattle is something special. In fact, Rutherford suspected that a big part of the reason there were so many environmentalists in Seattle was that the city itself was designed to make you hate your car.”
    There's a longer part to the quote in the book but that's all Goodreads had on it. It goes into how the four big employers in the area are at the four cardinal points of Seattle proper so to get anywhere there is perpetual gridlock as people try to get to work. I 'lived' in the area just southeast of Burien (maybe you're familiar with it and the local eating establishment "Twin Peaks"?) and even though I was ~11 miles from work it took more than half an hour to get there in the morning and ~an hour plus to get back in the afternoon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    CDC now says fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks. Indoors or out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yeah, there's just some shady shit going on with the CDC. seems they caved in to political pressure. what are you going to do, go up to someone at the supermarket who isn't wearing a mask and say, "are you vaccinated?"

I just don't have a good feeling about this.

we're not out of the woods yet.

just ask India.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I don't feel good about it either, especially at my job! I'm the one in charge of taking everyone's temperatures and making sure they have a mask. Fingers crossed I don't get any crazies.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuck all of that shit, my mask is staying glued to face until the WHO declares the pandemic officially over.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    CDC now says fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks. Indoors or out.

I'm still going to wear a mask in public spaces for the time being, because it's courteous and because I don't want to risk possibly infecting others with COVID.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    And this is just inventing a new form of social stratification. Yes, it might be an incentive for the foolish to get vaccinated. Yes, it is a welcome relief for the already vaccinated! But it does set up an uncomfortable and unpredictable us/them situation. Society is already ultra stratified, having another reason might have unforeseen consequences.

(old fart says) Is that maskless young person really vaccinated? Should I ask them or just assume they are non compliant? (young fucknut says) Why should I still wear a mask when all the old farts are vaccinated and no longer wearing a mask? It is just a government plot to reduce oxygen availability for us young persons! We must rise up and assert our dominance and obvious moral superiority.

Well, perhaps I got a bit carried away there with elucidation.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Well I know fuck all about containing a pandemic. But the no mask thing seems a couple months premature to me. Not to mention data on whether or not vaccinated people can spread it to others isn't so great. And then there's this fascinating anecdote. 7 New York Yankees coaching staff and at least one player tested positive. They all had the J&J vaccine. The player had actually already had covid. Maybe it was a variant, maybe that vaccine is just ineffective. It still prevents against severe symptoms but if it can still be spread then it has implications for the gen pop.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's just dumb and premature. now, some stores are saying "don't wear a mask if you're vaccinated" (will they be checking cards? unlikely) and others are saying "mask required" .

this is a disaster.

it's like we're inviting another surge to happen. and we're inviting it to mutate and infect the younger kids (below 12) .

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it's just dumb and premature. now, some stores are saying "don't wear a mask if you're vaccinated" (will they be checking cards? unlikely) and others are saying "mask required" .

this is a disaster.

it's like we're inviting another surge to happen. and we're inviting it to mutate and infect the younger kids (below 12) .
    Conflicting information has been an issue all through the pandemic. Personally, I'm still not comfortable with the notion of hanging out with crowds, eating in restaurants etc & I am still going to exercise caution. The rush to reopen is solely fueled by money like most things sadly. Perhaps spring/summer is a mirage & the true test will be the coming fall/winter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    And this is just inventing a new form of social stratification. Yes, it might be an incentive for the foolish to get vaccinated. Yes, it is a welcome relief for the already vaccinated! But it does set up an uncomfortable and unpredictable us/them situation. Society is already ultra stratified, having another reason might have unforeseen consequences.

(old fart says) Is that maskless young person really vaccinated? Should I ask them or just assume they are non compliant? (young fucknut says) Why should I still wear a mask when all the old farts are vaccinated and no longer wearing a mask? It is just a government plot to reduce oxygen availability for us young persons! We must rise up and assert our dominance and obvious moral superiority.

Well, perhaps I got a bit carried away there with elucidation.
    You're not wrong.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I got my first shot and I had a great discussion with the nurse who gave it to me about how we haven't been vaccinated against smallpox because smallpox has been eradicated.

Dear WHO: I was cheated of my smallpox vaccine as a child and I want it, damn it!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Biggest observation I made while being out running errands today is that majority of men are now blatantly walking around without a mask and a permanent shit eating grin on their faces, while their girlfriends/wives/SOs are still wearing masks. So I guess facemask wearing is a sign of masculinity now...?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ganda-1170264/

We got ourselves another nutter...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://people.com/music/eric-clapton-racist-rant-resurfaces-after-lockdown-protest-song-van-morrison/

Unfortunately, it's already established that the man is pretty much trash.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    What a drama queen.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://people.com/music/eric-clapton-racist-rant-resurfaces-after-lockdown-protest-song-van-morrison/

Unfortunately, it's already established that the man is pretty much trash.
    Holy shit. This is new to me...somehow. WTF? What an asshole.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer on Friday - didn't have any side effects! Woot!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there's a bar here doing the vaccine drawing thing. I mentioned it to my coworker and he started a sentence that was basically 'oh yeah I'm dropping my beliefs for a video game' and I think he just said he wasn't vaccinated. which, I mean, I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering the Trump bumper stickers and giant purple Trump flag on his house?

But whatever. His wife is somewhat immunocompromised but hey he lives with her, not me, so I don't care.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    About to get my second dose of Moderna. Anyone that can fill me in on how bad the side effects are the second time around?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    About to get my second dose of Moderna. Anyone that can fill me in on how bad the side effects are the second time around?
    I had essentially none. Sore arm for a few days and a tiny bit of fatigue in the afternoon the day after, but nothing that prevented me from doing anything I normally would. My roommates both had pretty strong flu like symptoms the day after, but were mostly fine the day after that.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Aches & fever started developing ~11 hours post shot. Persisted through the night - chills were bad enough that I took ibuprofen for my fever. Peaked at 102.2F.
    Next day felt fatigued, and the site of the shot itched for about a day. NBD.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Aches & fever started developing ~11 hours post shot. Persisted through the night - chills were bad enough that I took ibuprofen for my fever. Peaked at 102.2F.
    Next day felt fatigued, and the site of the shot itched for about a day. NBD.
    That's about what I was expecting. A few people I know also had the moderna and said about the same thing except they said theirs lasted a whole week. I'm about 15 hours post shot now and haven't noticed much except some general malaise and a bit of a sore arm that so far isn't nearly as bad as the first time around. I don't really feel feverish but I probably should have had the foresight to get a thermometer to check.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Girlfriend got her 2nd on Thursday, had some symptoms the following day but is starting to feel better. she was sad at how empty the place was though, compared to the first time. It really is a bummer that vaccine rates are slowing down in this country.

I fear for the fall.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm gonna disappoint you guys and admit that I'm still scared to get the vaccine, and so is my wife. She has hep c and is on a nasty treatment, and my RA has been flaring up, HORRIBLY, and, neither of us think we could handle the side effects right now.

So we're still wearing masks, and social distancing, and only leaving the house when it's absolutely necessary.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I actually think that kind of caution is okay. Not everyone is going to be able to get it because of various health issues. I think the real issue is all the relatively healthy people who aren't getting it because vaccinetruth69 on YouTube says you'll turn into a swamp monster if you take it. The aggressive misinformation being spread about it is part of why the vaccine rate is falling (the other is good ol' fashioned ignorance and pride), and it's probably why we'll see another surge of cases once summer ends. I'm hoping now that many are vaccinated that it won't be as severe as what we saw over this past winter, but I can't help but worry about new lockdowns and tensions flaring up from people who are "so over" the pandemic.