Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    New York now allowing people over 30 years old to get vaccinated. FINALLY! Now to book an appointment (if I can, haha) !

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Honestly, I know it’s going to be worth it but I’ve had a rough last few days—insomnia, my throat swelled up over the weekend then righted itself on Monday, extreme fatigue which is fun when you can’t sleep, joints are achier than usual, headaches, upset stomach, runny nose, chills and some congestion. No fever though.

I know this was dumb now but I got real concerned on Sunday that I went and got a COVID test which of course was negative, thankfully.

This was just after the first shot. I felt okay until last Thursday night (I got the first dose last Tuesday morning).

I am having some serious anxiety about that second dose now but of course I’m still going to do it. Just a lot more worried now.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Honestly, I know it’s going to be worth it but I’ve had a rough last few days—insomnia, my throat swelled up over the weekend then righted itself on Monday, extreme fatigue which is fun when you can’t sleep, joints are achier than usual, headaches, upset stomach, runny nose, chills and some congestion. No fever though.

I know this was dumb now but I got real concerned on Sunday that I went and got a COVID test which of course was negative, thankfully.

This was just after the first shot. I felt okay until last Thursday night (I got the first dose last Tuesday morning).

I am having some serious anxiety about that second dose now but of course I’m still going to do it. Just a lot more worried now.
    The nurse specifically asked if I experienced throat swelling / difficulty breathing when I sat down for the second shot. Also asked about rash or hives. Definitely ask your doctor about it before going for the second but also mention it to the nurse if they don't ask. The lines of questioning seemed like part of the standard questionnaire but I suppose that may vary from state to state.

Edit: Following up on my second shot...feeling pretty much normal a day and a halfish after second shot.
    Last edited by cdm; 03-31-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Wow. When is your 2nd shot?
    Suddenly my swollen lower lip isn't that big of a deal.

I would definitely tell them when you get your 2nd dose that you need to be monitored for longer than 15 min.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    April 23

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got my first shot a few hours ago, before work. I work for a major hardware store, and as we sell disaster relief, building supplies, and food, we are an essential business. No pre existing conditions and I'm 37. I have an allergy to penicillin, but I'm not growing a third arm or picking up 5g waves with my brain yet.

Thankful this nightmare is almost over, although I'm going to keep wearing a mask in public as I haven't even gotten so much as a cold the last year.

edit: a third arm wouldn't be so bad, come to think of it....
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-05-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so I'm 3 weeks and a couple days since my first shot..does anyone else notice the injection spot is taking a while to heal? not in terms of pain, but it looks like a scrap or something trying to heal, at least for me. not exactly scabbing, but some really minor scabbing.

anyway, I'm not trying to worry about it, but it is concerning to a small degree. my 2nd shot is a week from today and I hope it's fully healed by then.

finally announced that all adults in NJ are eligible 2 weeks from today. so excited that my girlfriend can finally get her shot. our 5 year anniversary is the day after I get my 2nd, and we are planning to do something like indoor skydiving for our anniversary, but both want to be fully vaccinated.

we're really looking forward to going to a Broadway play hopefully at the end of summer!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    we're really looking forward to going to a Broadway play hopefully at the end of summer!
    I just want to be able to eat in a restaurant and get my hair cut, it's been well over a year at this point.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Covid arm is a thing, from what I hear. I could be a good immune response. Maybe ask your doctor about it?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Covid arm is a thing, from what I hear. I could be a good immune response. Maybe ask your doctor about it?
    Yeah, I'm at the awkward point where I'm looking for a new doctor. My main doctor I used to go to retired, the other doctor I'd see moved! Going to keep monitoring this. Maybe I'll use my other arm next time, especially if this one isn't fully healed by then...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Illinois bar linked to 46 covid cases

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/illino...ry?id=76884061

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. Had some fatigue and the chills off and on all day Saturday but no biggie. Feels fucking good. My sister had her first shot yesterday, my wife gets her second this Friday. Tons of my friends are getting theirs, parents/in-laws are fully vaxxed, I might actually be able to hang out with other human beings this summer.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-12-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    going for my 2nd shot in about an hour. my sister is going for the J&J today. my gf's mom went for shot 1 of Pfizer last week, and my gf is eligible next week.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's some scary stuff

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My grandma tested positive this weekend. She got her first dose of the moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago.

They say that the vaccines are supposed to be 100% effective at stopping hospitalizations and deaths, but when her symptoms started, she stopped taking her insulin. And she was already fighting an unrelated infection.

She's now been about 5 days without her insulin, fighting covid another infection.

She's also said she doesn't want a respirator, if it comes to that, and she also doesn't want to be shocked back if her heart stops.

She's in the hospital today, because my aunt insisted she go. The lack of insulin has her confused and disoriented too.

I don't think she's going to make it, and I think she's decided she's had enough and is ready to go. She's almost 90 now. I'm going to miss her.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    My grandma tested positive this weekend. She got her first dose of the moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago.

They say that the vaccines are supposed to be 100% effective at stopping hospitalizations and deaths, but when her symptoms started, she stopped taking her insulin. And she was already fighting an unrelated infection.

She's now been about 5 days without her insulin, fighting covid another infection.

She's also said she doesn't want a respirator, if it comes to that, and she also doesn't want to be shocked back if her heart stops.

She's in the hospital today, because my aunt insisted she go. The lack of insulin has her confused and disoriented too.

I don't think she's going to make it, and I think she's decided she's had enough and is ready to go. She's almost 90 now. I'm going to miss her.
    Update....I think she's going to make it.

They've given her some antibiotics, and that's got her other infection under control. They say her oxygen levels are looking good. They're still working on getting her sugar under control, but she's getting stronger each day, and they're talking about moving her to a rehab facility. I think she's actually going to make it now.

Thank god she got the vaccine, and that the doctors have been able to help with the other issues. If not for that first dose a few weeks ago, she'd definitely not be here now. She just barely made it as it was.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that @eskimo :-(

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @eskimo I'm sorry that's happening.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That stinks. She sounds tough and tired, I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so sorry to hear that

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

He also said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.
    I guess that's why the card has those extra slots on it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

I guess that's why the card has those extra slots on it.
    I think they always planned for boosters given the mutation rate for viruses. From my understanding the potential mutation characteristics is far less than influenza, so in theory there would only be a certain amount of different boosters. Whereas with influenza it’s almost a guessing game.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That is heartening news!! I hope she pulls through.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was so awesome when she told him to shut his mouth. Good lord, I can't stand that guy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @eskimo , that is awesome news!!!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Got my second shot of Moderna yesterday. Sick as a dog (if I were a dog they would put me down) but relieved to be done with it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Second Pfizer shot is on Friday.

I’m probably over preparing (got Gatorade, Tylenol, and making potato soup) but the first shot beat me up pretty good so better to over prepare than under.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Second Pfizer shot is on Friday.

I’m probably over preparing (got Gatorade, Tylenol, and making potato soup) but the first shot beat me up pretty good so better to over prepare than under.
    Fingers crossed you don’t get sick again! My first shot made me so nauseous and tired, but the second one didn’t bother me a bit.

It’s looking like most people I know only got sick with one rather than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk