Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    UFC gonna drop, all live events. Concerts, you name it.
    Live Nation is now halting all events, national and international, until the end of the month.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...-coronoavirus/

“According to Billboard’s sources, a company executive speaking on a conference call told staffers that they would reassess at the start of April, with “the goal of resuming touring in May or June.””
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-12-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Guess I'm filing for unemployment.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Gold Coast Hospital Staff Roll In A Wilson Volleyball To Keep Tom Hanks Company In Quarantine

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    My grocery store is out of milk. People are definitely panicking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    1.8 billy in a day? Holyyyyy shit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What I don't understand is how there is a disparity in numbers of the tests. Either there are a lot - which is born out by the number of high profile people who seem to be able to get one done on a whim - or there isn't - which is born out by the government saying there just isn't enough to go around. so which is it?

oh wait, there's a third choice: the haves have not a clue, and there will continue to be literally preferential treatment for this disease.

basically this:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My grocery store is out of milk. People are definitely panicking.

I need to do a Costco run but I don’t think tonight is a good night to do so

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I went to Stop & Shop during my lunch break from work, and it was crazy! I saw a lady that had 5 packages of toilet paper in her shopping cart. The store was packed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the city I live in declared a State of Emergency and the school district is closed until "at least" March 30. The school district I work at in the neighboring city hasn't made a call yet. we submitted our 21 days of work today to the principal, it was chaotic. co-workers are expecting a call Sunday night for schools to shut down Monday. I think we should follow suit to it's sister city and close tomorrow, because the city I work at is wayyyyyyyy bigger than where I live.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    March Madness just got cancelled

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    There's nothing hit mine or the neighbouring town just yet that's been reported, however it's in the North West of England, and our county of Lancashire so it can't be far off. The last few days I've sure been thinking about it more and more. My girlfriend has had the flu all week and isolated, but not been tested or anything - she's in the medical business and is adamant it is just flu, nevertheless I've kept away.

This is certainly nothing like I've ever seen in my lifetime. Lots of people I know reckon it's over exaggerated, however I don't think it's something that should be taken so lightly.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I thought we weren't supposed to politicize this?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Atlanta public schools closed for two weeks. FSM help me that’s it’s not long than that.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I thought we weren't supposed to politicize this?
    We can definitely blame trump no matter whose side your on.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    I need to do a Costco run but I don’t think tonight is a good night to do so
    Costco ... eek ... corona Petri dish

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Atlanta public schools closed for two weeks. FSM help me that’s it’s not long than that.

Seattle says "hold my beer and my kids because they're not going back to school oh shit how do I find a babysitter for that long"

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This evil motherfucker.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "Don't touch your face!" they say. as a person who had lasik done a few months ago (dry eyes) *and* it's allergy season...

fuck.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Disneyland closing temporarily

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    The toilet paper rush is so random. Why is that the thing everyone's panicking over? I get the panic over hand sanitizer, masks, etc, because they're directly related to staying safe from Coronavirus. But what does toilet paper have to do with anything? And if the idea is supposed to be that the whole goddamn society is about to collapse into a total dystopia, why would toilet paper be the number one priority over, say, food, water, medicine? If we're living in the aftermath of the fucking apocalypse, having a nice stock pile of toilet paper ain't gonna do much for you. So what's the fucking point of this absurd toilet paper hysteria? It's totally artificial. If people just shopped like normal, this wouldn't be happening, because there's no actual reason for this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There isn't. It's mass hysteria. Been around for aaaaages.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    The toilet paper rush is so random. Why is that the thing everyone's panicking over? I get the panic over hand sanitizer, masks, etc, because they're directly related to staying safe from Coronavirus. But what does toilet paper have to do with anything? And if the idea is supposed to be that the whole goddamn society is about to collapse into a total dystopia, why would toilet paper be the number one priority over, say, food, water, medicine? If we're living in the aftermath of the fucking apocalypse, having a nice stock pile of toilet paper ain't gonna do much for you. So what's the fucking point of this absurd toilet paper hysteria? It's totally artificial. If people just shopped like normal, this wouldn't be happening, because there's no actual reason for this.
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. We're so spoiled that we think the worst possible outcome of a global pandemic is a dirty ass.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I work at a school and the schools have now been canceled for two weeks.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I work at a school and the schools have now been canceled for two weeks.
    So how is that being handled for you? Are you still getting paid? Can you use sick leave?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    going to home depot and looking at bidets tonight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    going to home depot and looking at bidets tonight.
    They have a model that connects to your toilets water supply and it’s like a spray hose.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Based off of certain info out there, hand sanitizer or washing your hands has very little to do with spreading a virus that is transmitted by breathing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Actually it's THE recommendation for any kinda of flu. The virus lives on surfaces that people have breathed on. You touch the surface and then touch your face; people touch their face way more often than they realize. So, yes, washing your hands will help.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Brazilian spokesperson tests positive for COVID-19 after he meets with Trump and Pence at Mar-a-Lago

Two turds with one stone?!
    Speaking of turds, bidets are the bomb. Amazon has one for $30ish I think that works great