Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122
Results 3,631 to 3,654 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I tested positive for the very first time today. Surprising I made it this far.

Last night sucked, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Ooooooh idea idea idea ! Ask the priest to slow dance again and cough in his creepy face ! Revenge is best served cold, but it's best delivered viral !!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hopefully it hit hard because it will pass quickly. good luck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khrz View Post
    ooooooh idea idea idea ! Ask the priest to slow dance again and cough in his creepy face ! Revenge is best served cold, but it's best delivered viral !!!
    Oh yeah! I like this!

Except ... Maybe Father Creepy gave Covid to HER!!!!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Feel better soon. If you haven't, contact your primary care today & they'll put you on the ant-viral drug (name eluding me just woke up). The catch is you have to start the drug in the first 5 days for it to work. It was no picnic but probably kept me out of the hospital.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is the packaging insert for that anti-viral Paxlovid. These should be read before taking any pharmaceutical. Especially one that only approved as EUA.

https://www.drugs.com/pro/paxlovid.html

When considering any health measure meds. surgery, treatments always do a risk vs benefit study for yourself. Paxlovid is not the answer, unless maybe you elderly and high risk. Pfizer say this themselves here.

https://time.com/6187765/covid-19-pa...lthy-patients/

Paxlovid is still being tested, the original testing was done in unvaccinated ppl. It is stated in their own package insert that not many people have taken it yet. All risk factors and side effects are unknown at this time. One thing that is known is that it's not helping younger healthy people. It is also hard on your kidneys and liver. There are numerous interactions with other medicines.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally tested negative just in time to go back to work! :-P

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Dr. Fauci to step down after more than 50 years of service

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/whit...c-service.html

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Nice to see the antivaxxer is back to bitch about the pill used to treat COVID.

Seems like maybe you think we forgot about you and you just want everyone to get COVID and there’s nothing anyone can do.

Wait…did COVID sign up for an ETS account? Is @sticksandhair actually COVID?

Seriously, though, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone more pro COVID than you. You trying to get a job with DeSantis’ campaign horde?
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-22-2022 at 03:55 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tested positive again this week. Tested positive the first time in November of 2020, and last year I got my two shots of Pfizer in March of 2021 / booster of Moderna in November of 2021.

My cough is pretty bad, sinuses are acting up ... but I'm not having a fever thankfully. This sucks.

Definitely getting my updated booster as soon as I can.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Good luck!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    feel better soon @thefragile_jake !

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    feel better soon @thefragile_jake !
    Thank you! Truthfully, I'm feeling the best I've felt since last Friday. Yesterday morning I was super sore and started to get a low grade fever ... but I was also curled up with a giant blanket and I think my body heat was getting me. After some more medicine, water and some popsicles ... I started to come around. I'm just thankful this hit me AFTER the Red Rocks trip. I'm thinking this show I went to on Monday got me. I started to feel really out of it on Wednesday ... tested negative Thursday and then got a positive test on Friday. So weird.

Was it about a week later after your initial positive test that you tested negative @ickyvicky? I'm super thankful my wife has still tested negative both Friday and today.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 09-19-2022 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was a good 7 days after I finally tested negative. Don't want to ever get it again!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hmm, what could be the reason.

edit: psst, it's not potentially anything other than anger inducing.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-21-2022 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I got that new Moderna boost last week. The nurse was great and I hardly felt the vax itself but my arm was sore for a good 2-1/2 days after. No side effects otherwise. It's possible to get the flu shot at the same time, though I opted not to. I'll go back in Oct for that one. Put all the needles in me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Biden announcing the pandemic is over was so fucking irresponsible & infuriating. And it's frustrating b/c the statements/decisions from people like him & NYC mayor Eric Adams re: Covid are so transparently part of the their corporate masters desperate plan to get every single industry back to maximum capacity no matter how reckless. And you can verify this is the case when you see how other, more responsible, less corrupt western capitalist countries are approaching Covid with a level of care we are clearly abandoning. Makes me sick (ha!).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The CDC sucks and never keeps up-to-date with anything in this country because they’re the CDC, so here’s some really good info that OTHER countries are providing:

This new Covid variant gives a mofo of a sore throat, it’s almost entirely in the throat.

Urgent Care insisted on doing a Covid test in my nose - a bad one where the doc barely swabbed each side, so I went home and did my own test; both negative. I also tested negative for two strep tests and two flu tests. But felt like shit, achy with sore throat (no fever).

NINE days of sore throat later, I see the above.

I did another antigen test but it’s negative, likely because it’s been 9 days and there’s no viral load.

Or, I just have a nasty cold or something.

Going in for Flu / 4th Moderna booster this week.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-09-2022 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

what's this merry bullshit?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

what's this merry bullshit?
    Don't forget Sweden is the country that decided to conduct business as usual when the pandemic started so that everyone would get it and then all would be well. That didn't work too well for them, as it turned out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Why China can't stop talking about canned peaches on the internet right now

• Chinese state media is warning people not to eat canned peaches as a COVID remedy.
    • An unfounded belief that the snack can fight the coronavirus has seen sales of canned peaches surge, per SCMP.
    • As the COVID-vulnerable country reopens, the stakes are high for China to dole out medically sound advice.
    They keep killing public education this is going to be us eventually.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Why China can't stop talking about canned peaches on the internet right now

They keep killing public education this is going to be us eventually.
    We're already there. Now get out of the way of my TV. The new opiate of the masses along with the internet.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...eaths-per-day/

good article about where we are at the moment with Covid.