Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is a bit of a deep cut, but on the new event for Call of Duty Warzone to advertise the new Black Ops, you play through a map called Know Your History to collect keys and get the weapon cash, (it's all actually pretty cool) about a 3rd of the way through they start playing the theme TR and AR did for Black ops 2! Gotta admit i got a bit hyped when i started hearing it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I think Robin was announced earlier with that Welcome Back! photo while they were working in the studio on The Slip. But yeah, Rich was only ever mentioned on the Youtube page and he confirmed it to someone after fans found his Myspace. JMJ was first mentioned when Rob posted actual photos from the rehearsals, IIRC.
    I must have been thinking about people digging up his Myspace. A simpler time...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I must have been thinking about people digging up his Myspace. A simpler time...
    This post just made me Google MySpace and read a few articles about it and it’s decline, and how it’s surprisingly still around.

I wonder what going back and scrolling through the NIN MySpace page would be like?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    This post just made me Google MySpace and read a few articles about it and it’s decline, and how it’s surprisingly still around.

I wonder what going back and scrolling through the NIN MySpace page would be like?
    I wonder if my page is still active...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The Rolling Stone panel discussion with Trent, Atticus and Damon Lindelof will be available tomorrow. Sounds intriguing from what this guy says!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Alan is a great critic and I’m pretty excited to watch this (especially to hear Damon talk about the music)
    but lol this video is so over dramatic for a damn interview

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horican View Post
    Alan is a great critic and I’m pretty excited to watch this (especially to hear Damon talk about the music)
    but lol this video is so over dramatic for a damn interview
    Yeah I’m worried I’m setting myself up for a fall getting excited, because just how fun and insane can a zoom meeting really be?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The Rolling Stone panel discussion with Trent, Atticus and Damon Lindelof will be available tomorrow. Sounds intriguing from what this guy says!

this thing is now up, but I can’t watch for a few hours!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks Trents beard looks weird?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ I dunno man, my beard's pretty weird too right now. Haven't been to a barber shop in over five months.
    Yeah I’m worried I’m setting myself up for a fall getting excited, because just how fun and insane can a zoom meeting really be?
    Well...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ I dunno man, my beard's pretty weird too right now. Haven't been to a barber shop in over five months.

Well...
    Finally watched it, that was AMAZING - totally worth it

okay so I tweeted asking what the computer contraption was behind Damon Lindelof, someone said it was an early Apple, but Alan Sepinwall tweeted just this photo! What is this from? I’ve no idea

Last edited by WorzelG; 08-28-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    okay so I tweeted asking what the computer contraption was behind Damon Lindelof, someone said it was an early Apple, but Alan Sepinwall tweeted just this photo! What is this from? I’ve no idea
    It's from Lost.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    okay so I tweeted asking what the computer contraption was behind Damon Lindelof, someone said it was an early Apple, but Alan Sepinwall tweeted just this photo! What is this from?
    The hardware itself is an Apple II, with Apple Monitor III (and Monitor Stand) and a couple Disk II's. They've been modified, mostly to cover/remove logos.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    LM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Didn't expect NIN at the start of this

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Let me echo the sentiments of others about this Kate Van Buren NIN/MM footage from the James Woolley '94 time period. This stuff is great and varied. Worth a few minutes of your time. There's great backstage footage, traveling footage, soundchecks, joking around, and killer live footage...some from like two feet away from Trent. I hope she's got more coming.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0N...4r2qjNA/videos

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    Didn't expect NIN at the start of this

When I first heard that my brain told me it was 34 Ghosts... then I quickly realised it was Hurt.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.beautyinchaosmusic.com/tos2020

Robin is involved, along with many others, with The Mission's re-recording of "Tower of Strength" that benefits a host of charities.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 08-30-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Its not really a NIN spotting, but I've been checking out when to watch for the Emmy awards and I didn't realise the music awards are given out as part of a Creative Arts emmys thing which is separate from the main event.

So it looks like the music awards will be given out on the 17th September and will be streamed from Emmys.com
    https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emm...es-1234727664/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This is super funny. Don't kill her please!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmmC60B...d=grjqvvn674il

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    This is super funny. Don't kill her please!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CEmmC60B...d=grjqvvn674il
    It's always interesting to hear the ways people interpret "sounds like nine inch nails" and how it usually comes off more like Stabbing Kills. Unless you're that dude who made a parody that's mostly just a parody of "Copy of A"

Turns out there's more to it than "guitars + drum machines + synthesizers (lol)" but everyone who's trying seems to be enjoying themselves.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    theres a minute of my life I won't get back.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Unless you're that dude who made a parody that's mostly just a parody of "Copy of A"

Turns out there's more to it than "guitars + drum machines + synthesizers (lol)" but everyone who's trying seems to be enjoying themselves.
    To be fair I had a healthy laugh when he did that parody. Co-workers were asking WTF?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It's a great parody, because it rings true. It may copy Copy of A (pun intended), but the displayed template is one TR used/s on a LOT of songs.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    That parody song may have contributed to the off-the-wall nature of the Trilogy. Not The Actual Events especially was completely unexpected.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I thought it was all in good fun because anyone who is a long time fan knows that NIN isn't that formulaic.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Don't remember this one posted

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I thought it was all in good fun because anyone who is a long time fan knows that NIN isn't that formulaic.
    i thought it was funny for like a minute and then it gets boring. it’s definitely not an accurate portrayal and a good parody would be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Don't remember this one posted
    Man, he's just a baby in this video. For some reason he seems even younger than he was in the March of the Pigs video.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Man, he's just a baby in this video. For some reason he seems even younger than he was in the March of the Pigs video.
    I've often called that version of Trent to be "Anime Trent" ... those big eyes...