Page 63 of 113 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm in missouri so there was no hope in hell of turning it blue but it took me almost 2 hours in line to vote after getting in line at around 715am.
    Same here in SD, 2 hour wait last Friday to vote in a state I know will never turn blue. We didn't even vote for our own, McGovern, when he ran against Nixon.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm just gonna jump in and say it's presumptuous to infer that the only reason someone would dislike Kamala Harris is due to racism (or sexism). I'm not seeing that, and I have heard a lot of legitimate complaints about her record. I like her, I'm satisfied with the ticket, but maybe we're jumping to conclusions.
    Really?
    That would be awful, I’m still angry he chose that awful person over Warren.
    That was it. Just that. That.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Weren’t you already ran off this board once already for being a giant piece of shit?
    Nope. That was you. For that whole ticket scandal.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Arrrrrrrrr.... I'm gonna jump up and group hug or something. We're all tense and shit is crazy.

But NO, I've heard some very progressive people say worse. A good friend of mine is a woman of color and she despises Kamala, and she's referred to her as much worse things than "that awful person." I think Tony trolls sometimes, and even here this is getting unnecessarily ugly in my opinion... but I didn't see the comment as anything alarming, certainly not racist.

Unless it goes more clearly in that direction, let's just move on?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Really?

That was it. No explanation. Just that.
    I’ve been googling the last 10 minutes trying to find where Trump called future Vice President Kamala Harris awful. I’m also trying to figure out the mental gymnastics needed to equate me calling someone who is a woman awful as either racist or sexist.

I’ve posted some bullshit on this board, I’ve had a pretty bad (deserved) reputation in the past. I’ve spent the last 3-4 years of my life doing a LOT of soul searching, taking accountability to everyone in my life, trying to grow out of that shit, and learn and understand and frankly be a not racist, sexist asshole. Being called something like that and then directly being compared to the most racist, sexist, garbage president this country has ever seen for the soul purpose of trying to push someone’s buttons is a trash move. Especially when I was criticizing a human being, not a gender, sex, national origin or race.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Please fucking stop. Tony dislikes Harris because of her record (which gives me some pause too) not because she’s a woman. He’s said it more than once. Tony, no need to dredge up old shit; especially when you have skeletons too.

She wasn’t my first choice either but neither was Biden. This is the hand we were dealt.

To say Harris is more progressive than Warren and Sanders is not tracking for me at all but this election has shown me Warren isn’t as progressive as I thought she was so maybe you could convince me there but this is not the time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Tony always trolls. That’s what he does.
    @Jinsai , your friend is a woman of color, in California.

This is very different than a privileged white dude in St. Louis.

Or a dude, period. Grok?

But, yes, we all generally hug it out. Except for the Chads.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I’ve been googling the last 10 minutes trying to find where Trump called future Vice President Kamala Harris awful. I’m also trying to figure out the mental gymnastics needed to equate me calling someone who is a woman awful as either racist or sexist.

I’ve posted some bullshit on this board, I’ve had a pretty bad (deserved) reputation in the past. I’ve spent the last 3-4 years of my life doing a LOT of soul searching, taking accountability to everyone in my life, trying to grow out of that shit, and learn and understand and frankly be a not racist, sexist asshole. Being called something like that and then directly being compared to the most racist, sexist, garbage president this country has ever seen for the soul purpose of trying to push someone’s buttons is a trash move. Especially when I was criticizing a human being, not a gender, sex, national origin or race.
    So, why don't you consider that she may have interpreted your post as a troll? If it wasn't, that was her mistake, and she overreacted. Sucks. But see it for what it was and let it go (maybe even, send her a PM and explain). So we can concentrate on the fucking election again.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    So, why don't you consider that she may have interpreted your post as a troll? If it wasn't, that was her mistake, and she over reacted. Sucks. But see it for what it was and let it go (maybe even, send her a PM and explain). So we can concentrate on the fucking election again.
    Because they are doubling down on being an asshole an attacking my character on purpose. They know
    e
    x
    a
    c
    t
    l
    y

what they’re doing.

Hit my post history. For as far as it goes. She would have a legitimate point in 2013 or so but I’m FAR from a racist, sexist Chad in any place in my life.

Privileged as fuck? More so than I will ever deserve for reasons I had no part in creating or determining.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 11-04-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I can see why allegro is pissed with you. I'd walk away.
    I'm going to side with tony on this one. Calling somebody a racist because he/she has different political leanings is ridiculously low. It's precisely what I dislike about identity politics. It needs to stop, no matter which side you're on. It's not a race matter. Stop bringing that shit up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    To say Harris is more progressive than Warren and Sanders is not tracking for me at all but this election has shown me Warren isn’t as progressive as I thought she was so maybe you could convince me there but this is not the time.
    See this?

https://govtrackinsider.com/our-ideo...9-bbd25493ca72

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well anyway, I'm so tired. I've had nothing to do for the past few days but dwell on this election. I didn't sleep last night. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning with a huge anxiety attack, and at least it seemed to be surprisingly swinging towards Biden. It's moved how I'd like since then... but now I'm tired, and I'm struggling to stay awake. I feel like I need to know, just a little more concretely, that Biden is going to win this.

Then I'll sleep like a baby.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @tony.parente

Anyway, I really thought I was going to wake up today to see Trump re-elected. Consider me stunned (positively).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    In all honesty, I don’t. Getting an error.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Tony never reads the room.

Here is a guy (@DF118) who just became an American citizen, voted for the first time, is excited yet anxious, and says he’s happy to be able to vote for Harris.

There are people - women, including WOC, who are excited about Harris as a VP. And the possibility of voting for her as POTUS.

But Tony doesn’t let the votes finish counting before he starts with the shit-talking. Maybe he’s stressed out. Maybe he’s upset about what’s going on. I dunno. I have been here since 2004 and have totally ignored him until now. And now I will, again.

Sorry for the digression, people.

Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tony never reads the room.

Here is a guy who just became an American citizen, voted for the first time, is excited yet anxious, and says he’s happy to be able to vote for Harris.

There are people - women, including WOC, who are excited about Harris as a VP. And the possibility of voting for her as POTUS.

But Tony doesn’t let the votes finish counting before he starts with the shit-talking. Maybe he’s stressed out. Maybe he’s upset about what’s going on. I dunno. I have been here since 2004 and have totally ignored him until now. And now I will, again.

Sorry for the digression, people.

I appreciate you finally giving the context to your cryptic accusations of me being a sexist and racist person. Really makes it crystal clear. That video of trump calling Kamala awful really is the ace in the hole for your argument. God help me if you find out that I’ve had a taco bowl in my life.

If I was a first time voter I’d be psyched to vote for the Kamala/Biden ticket too. She’s gonna be the first black woman Vice President, that historic. It still should have been Warren or AOC.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    In all honesty, I don’t. Getting an error.
    Hmm, sorry.

Here is an article, below. Warren is actually far more capitalist. Not that this is “bad.”

Warren was an Ivy League professor who specialized in corporate and bankruptcy law.

Harris specialized in prosecutorial law, conducted trials, etc. So in the position of “Executive” (executor of laws), over the Department of Justice, etc, and being the head of all law enforcement, Harris’ background is actually more conducive to this position. Warren’s background is better served as the Secretary of Treasury.

https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...sive-choice-vp
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It still should have been Warren or AOC.
    I love Warren and AOC.

AOC is, per the U.S. Constitution, too young to serve as President or Vice President. But I think she has an excellent future.

I drink my coffee every morning from a Warren coffee cup that says “Billionaire Tears.” I contributed well over $250 to her campaign.

But I think you will discover that Kamala is not a consolation prize. She is an extremely intelligent attorney and she will be an excellent VP.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I love Warren and AOC.

AOC is, per the U.S. Constitution, too young to serve as President or Vice President. But I think she has an excellent future.

I drink my coffee every morning from a Warren coffee cup that says “Billionaire Tears.” I contributed well over $250 to her campaign.

But I think you will discover that Kamala is not a consolation prize. She is an extremely intelligent attorney and she will be an excellent VP.
    Hey.
    I may not know much more about Kamala than the amount of black men needlessly in prison over her policies. That turned me off enough, but IMO that would make me either ignorant or uneducated. To call me racist or sexist because I think she’s awful for that reason is not fair. I honestly respect your opinion and expertise more than pretty much anyone else’s on this board so that’s probably why it stung me so bad. I think you said that stuff to hurt me and I wanna let you know that it did.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hey.
    I may not know much more about Kamala than the amount of black men needlessly in prison over her policies.
    Not true.

To call me racist or sexist because I think she is awful for that reason is not fair.
    Tony, you called her “an AWFUL PERSON.”

You didn’t call out her policies or her ideologies or her voting record. You don’t know her, personally. Yet, you called her “an awful person.” You don’t know her as a person.

As a woman, I’m informing you that we women see that as sexist. Because it’s denigrating us, as PEOPLE, vs. our decisions at work. And you don’t even see that you’re doing it, or grok it, so it’s systemic. Just like racism. It’s not obvious, you don’t see it, you deny it, but it doesn’t mean it’s not there. And it doesn’t mean you can’t learn from it and word things differently.

“I don’t like Harris’ policy history.”
    “I don’t agree with Harris’ prosecutorial history”

That’s not the same as “she’s as AWFUL PERSON.”

Attacking her personhood goes WAY farther than attacking her politics.

She had to drop out earlier than Warren or any of most other candidates due to lack of money. Yet she had one of the largest announcements gatherings of all candidates, in Oakland. Many black voters were PISSED that Mayo Pete, Amy Klobuchar, Liz Warren, and other white candidates were still there, while all the POC had been pushed out, including Harris, Castro, Booker, and Wang. Harris was one of the first to be pushed out. There is often underlying racism, there, whether people understand it or not.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So disliking a politician who happens to be a woman is sexist? That's what you're saying. Because "you don't know her personally". This is just stupid. You may call Trump a sexist asshole, but do you know him personally? If not, you can't say so, according to your own logic.

And what the fuck does attacking someone's "personhood" even mean?

EDIT: Note, I'm not a Trump supporter. I live in a different country. But I find this rampant hatred towards him very strange.
    Last edited by diptych; 11-04-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    So disliking a politician who happens to be a woman is sexist? That's what you're saying. Because "you don't know her personally". This is just stupid. You may call Trump a sexist asshole, but do you know him personally? If not, you can't say so, according to your own logic.

And what the fuck does attacking someone's "persoonhood" even mean?
    You’re in the Netherlands, so you likely don’t get some of this.

We call Trump a sexist asshole based on EVIDENCE.

There are RECEIPTS.

But when the only receipts you have is sketchy stuff you read on the internet about legal decisions that you assume are valid, although you don’t know lots about law and you don’t live in California and weren’t in Watts during that period, you’ll still opine that she’s “an awful person,” then you can join the ranks of Americans online who are calling her “Kamala the Gorilla.”

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    @tony.parente @allegro

*forces you two and me to have a group hug touching asses*

Let’s be friends again and be happy Biden is leading. *hands you both a drink spiked with mild Xanax*

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    *hands you both a drink spiked with mild Xanax*

Hey, can I get one of those? Not that I deserve it. Just because?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think this is part of the problem. I don't like Harris or Biden, but people voted for them this time because Trump needed to go.
    I'm against fascism, but I don't support antifa when they use violence. I'm all for men and women being equals, but radical feminists are awful.
    Not all Trump supporters are brainwashed racists, some have their own reasons.
    The reasons why they support Trump might be selfish, but we should agree to disagree, then move on.
    Since when did calling someone awful based on his/her policy history make someone racist or sexist? That's a bit much.
    Feels like there's no such thing as middle ground anymore.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Who the fuck is calling Kamala a gorilla...??!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    It feels like there's no such thing as middle ground anymore.
    No, there IS.

But what about respect and empathy and not being mean? What happened to that? When do we become the people we hate? Trump?

He didn’t SAY she was awful based on policy history. YOU did. He just said she was an awful person, and left it at that. I called it out, he got upset. But here’s what I’m trying to get us NOT to do:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Hey, can I get one of those? Not that I deserve it. Just because?
    I think all Americans who didn’t vote for Cump deserve at least one. Go nuts!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Who the fuck is calling Kamala a gorilla...??!
    It’s all over Twitter, sadly