Page 93 of 113 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Great that he is gone from the platform BUT...if they'd only done this sooner.

Also loads on there screaming BUT FREE SPEECH and i'm, just so done with these morons. These soical medias and forums are run and owned by companies, when you sign up you agree that if you say stuff they aren't cool with THEY WILL REMOVE YOU, it's in their right as owners of the platform. If you don't like that your shitty edgy takes might loose you your account DON'T SIGN UP!
    Exactly. And it is yet another example of these people's bizarre entitlement syndrome. Remember a few years back when gay marriage was legalized and they didn't want gay people buying fucking wedding cakes? "JEBUS don't like it so we can't sell no cakes to no gays. It's the owners right if they don't want to. Stop infringing on my freedom to practice a hate crime." And now it's "WHAT?!?!? Tweeter b-b-banned trump? They have not no right. How dare a company do whatever the fuck they want with their own platform and ban a man from trying to end democracy."

I just woke up to video on t.v. of these fuckheads trying to break a police line and smother a cop in the process. The very same cops they claim to care about so much every time a bad acting cop kills an innocent minority and they want to excuse it away.

No wonder they don't believe in science. When you don't have the cognitive ability to see the dissonance happening here and the flaws in the logic of your ideology, I mean I'm surprised they can even tie their shoes without mixing up which shoe is left and right.

There just isn't any hope.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Exactly. And it is yet another example of these people's bizarre entitlement syndrome. Remember a few years back when gay marriage was legalized and they didn't want gay people buying fucking wedding cakes? "JEBUS don't like it so we can't sell no cakes to no gays. It's the owners right if they don't want to. Stop infringing on my freedom to practice a hate crime." And now it's "WHAT?!?!? Tweeter b-b-banned trump? They have not no right. How dare a company do whatever the fuck they want with their own platform and ban a man from trying to end democracy."

I just woke up to video on t.v. of these fuckheads trying to break a police line and smother a cop in the process. The very same cops they claim to care about so much every time a bad acting cop kills an innocent minority and they want to excuse it away.

No wonder they don't believe in science. When you don't have the cognitive ability to see the dissonance happening here and the flaws in the logic of your ideology, I mean I'm surprised they can even tie their shoes without mixing up which shoe is left and right.

There just isn't any hope.
    Someone said something on the socials that made a lot of sense about this, it's not that they believe it, it's that they're told by their others (idiots spreading misinformation for likes) TO believe it, and they won't question it.

Just look at the latest thing on Parler (the RW soical site) one of the official people on there told their followers the app was in danger so they need to share their mobile numbers and emails (i do not know why) and en mass they ALL POSTED THEIR PERSONAL INFOMATION. They are so without a thought of their own they effectively doxed themselves. I bet if a few of these people actually took a step back and looked at what they are doing they might realize "hold on...this isn't right" It's actually crazy!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Very brave of social media to back out from the man who is about to lose all of his power and relevancy in a few days, but they had absolutely no problem with him whatsoever in the last 4/5 years and gladly profited off of him while providing a platform for him. It doesn't bode well for the people if society actually welcomes this instead of calling them out on it.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Someone said something on the socials that made a lot of sense about this, it's not that they believe it, it's that they're told by their others (idiots spreading misinformation for likes) TO believe it, and they won't question it.

Just look at the latest thing on Parler (the RW soical site) one of the official people on there told their followers the app was in danger so they need to share their mobile numbers and emails (i do not know why) and en mass they ALL POSTED THEIR PERSONAL INFOMATION. They are so without a thought of their own they effectively doxed themselves. I bet if a few of these people actually took a step back and looked at what they are doing they might realize "hold on...this isn't right" It's actually crazy!
    Footage of a man who tried to talk sense into their ancestors centuries ago

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Canadians will get this one.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    that video montage from the Chris Hayes segment is actually authentically disturbing. The part where the officer is screaming and crying in pain and begging for help while he's being crushed in the doorway... that shook me up just now. Amidst all the ridiculousness, like the guy with the stupid viking helmet, it's probably really important to remember that what happened here was at its core haunting, and just because a lot of these people are loony tunes goofballs actually makes it worse; it's like The Wicker Man. This guy is horrified, probably thinking he's about to die, screaming in pain, and over here is this fuckhead wearing a stupid hat w/ facepaint and a vaguely Conan the Barbarian outfit. It's really the stuff of nightmares.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Chris Hayes discuses the the riot that occurred Wednesday. The video clips that he shows show how violent it was and how it was way worse than what we have seen on TV so far.
    That is horrible.

A thought occurred to me this morning.
    The FBI seems to be taking their time rounding up the people responsible for this. Maybe so that they're brought to trial after Jan 20th, and can't be pardoned?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well that and probably also they remember the Boston Marathon bombing and how the reddit mob ID'd the wrong person because they went too quickly. So a little of column A, a little of column B.

saw this on Goodreads:
    Justin

Friends, we now have at least two things in common:

1. We all love books
    2. We all have more friends on social media than the President.

Last edited by allegate; 01-09-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Unquestionably the reason so many social media sites have been banning Trump is because they don't want any culpability in the face of future violence.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    Unquestionably the reason so many social media sites have been banning Trump is because they don't want any culpability in the face of future violence.
    THIS. Yup.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    That is horrible.

A thought occurred to me this morning.
    The FBI seems to be taking their time rounding up the people responsible for this. Maybe so that they're brought to trial after Jan 20th, and can't be pardoned?
    No, unfortunately, Trump can pardon them now before charges are brought.

Jimmy Carter pardoned all Vietnam draft dodgers and most of them had never been charged.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This kid is talented

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I love Corey

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the more I think about, the more pissed I get.

if it was a Middle Eastern terrorist leader who said what Trump said on Wednesday, and his followers attacked, we would have went and killed that leader.

what do we do here?

take away his twitter.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    When a gang leader is put in jail but is found to still be controlling the gang from jail, they move the gang leader and cut off all communication.

That’s what is happening, here.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we find out that the FBI told Twitter to cut off Trump’s account.

His cult takes everything he says literally, and the FBI is still finding evidence of additional attacks planned for the 17th and 19th, at least. They have to cut off communication from Trump wherever possible, although he’s likely still sending out emails.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    TeeHands is the company selling those awful Camp Auschwitz shirts. Ugh.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm surprised he hasn't made an OnlyFans account yet. Or has he?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    hopefully someone can add this to the articles of impeachment.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-h...mobilewebshare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Apparently Pence hasn't ruled it out:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/polit...ent/index.html

He's also worried about what Trump might do when he's impeached again next week.

I mean, with him off social media, as soon as the 25th was invoked, the damage he could do would be limited somewhat. You'd need to have every law enforcement agency in the country on high alert, but it's probably safer than letting him stay president.

I kind of understand the concern about what he might do to retaliate.

Social media all did move in a co-ordinated fashion. Facebook wasn't his primary and that left first. Then twitter, while Apple and Google pulled (or warned) parler at the same time.

I don't know US laws well enough to know, but it seems possible that these things were co-ordinated by one (or more) of the intelligence agencies, closing a net around him to limit the damage he can do before they remove him and charge him.

You gather evidence before you charge someone with something. While what happened on Wednesday was extremely obviously caused by him, it would help to have evidence gathered by confessions from those who broke in, and collected from their phones and computers.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You mean like this?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The overhead photo of that officer on the ground while that crowd is bludgeoning him is ... ugh.

I’m still just so sickened by all this, now mostly because so many in Congress are afraid to hold Trump accountable.

He WILL be held accountable, but it’s so disheartening that only a few Republicans have a spine.

This IS NOT partisan. That mob came in there looking to kill people. They were there to commit an insurrection, nothing else. They weren’t tourists. Congress members called family, fearing they may not live through the siege. I just don’t get how these Republicans are blowing this off.

How many DAYS ago were we listening to a recording of Trump harassing Georgia’s Secretary of State? Are these Republicans hoping everyone will just move on and forget this, too?

Why should we or would we do that?

I feel like this is really true right now:
    Last edited by allegro; 01-10-2021 at 01:20 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    They're blowing it off because they're either afraid to alienate their base or they're afraid for their safety.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    They're blowing it off because they're either afraid to alienate their base or they're afraid for their safety.
    Some are definitely afraid of their safety. This was a great interview, you can see a reference to that in here.

https://reason.com/2021/01/08/amash-...-rankly-unfit/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the cognitive dissonance on the right is infuriating. they don’t want to hold trump accountable. they just want to move on. congress republicans saying nothing should be done in the name of unity. how are there two sides on this issue? i feel like everyone in the capitol building that day should be calling on trump to resign. why isn’t that happening?

https://twitter.com/repkenbuck/statu...974391811?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I'm surprised he hasn't made an OnlyFans account yet. Or has he?
    LOL. I love you.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Love that he found a reson to bring out the Conan sword!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Honestly, I think the reason a lot of people on the right are so complicit at this point is they know they’re dealing with a bunch of unhinged, pissed cult members. One of the people who ran in the Capitol had a fistful of zip tie handcuffs. The crowd at one point was chanting some shit about lynching Mike Pence.

and this is all the GOP’s fault. They created this monster, let it grow, and when it started to get out of hand they defended its behavior. Now it is holding them all hostage

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)