Page 71 of 113 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegate - The Lincoln Project has started a merciless campaign against JonesDay and PorterWright, holy shit.

^^^^ READ THE REPLIES IN THIS LAST TWITTER THREAD!!! OMG!!
    Last edited by allegro; 11-10-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh, and there's this campaign circulating:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the youth today, I swear.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Oh man fucking PROPS to this, AMEN!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Oh, and there's this campaign circulating:

they couldn't find a better picture of her? the necklace looks like it was made out of teeth for Pete's sake.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This is making my blood boil.

YOU FUCKING LOST! YOU GO AWAY!!!

This is upending our democratic process that our nation is founded upon. And what's worse is that I feel completely powerless to do anything. I have never hated anyone more in my entire life....
    Last edited by Magnetic; 11-10-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Bush-Gore decision didn't happen until December 12th.

There's still plenty of time to get all this transition stuff done.

The drop-dead date for the Electoral College this year is December 8th:

December 8, 2020: The “Safe Harbor” Deadline
    The U.S. Code (3 U.S.C. §5) provides that if election results are contested in any state, and if the state, prior to election day, has enacted procedures to settle controversies or contests over electors and electoral votes, and if these procedures have been applied, and the results have been determined six days before the electors’ meetings, then these results are considered to be conclusive, and will apply in the counting of the electoral votes. This date, known as the “Safe Harbor” deadline, falls on December 8 in 2020. The governor of any state where there was a contest, and in which the contest was decided according to established state procedures, is required (3 U.S.C. §6) to send a certificate describing the form and manner by which the determination was made to the Archivist as soon as practicable.

December 14, 2020: Electors Vote in Their States
    Monday after the second Wednesday in December of presidential election years is set (3 U.S.C. §7) as the date on which the electors meet and vote. In 2020, the meeting is on December 14. Electoral college delegations meet separately in their respective states and the District of Columbia at places designated by their state legislature. The electors vote by paper ballot, casting one ballot for President and one for Vice President. The electors count the results and then sign six certificates, each of which contains two lists, one of which includes the electoral votes for the President, the other, electoral votes for the Vice President, each of which includes the names of persons receiving votes and the number of votes cast for them. These are known as Certificates of the Vote, which the electors are required to sign. They then pair the six Certificates of Ascertainment provided by the state governors with the Certificates of the Vote, and sign, seal, and certify them (3 U.S.C. §§8-10). The six certificates are then distributed by registered mail as follows: (1) one certificate to the President of the U.S. Senate (the Vice President); (2) two certificates to the secretary of state (or equivalent officer) of the state in which the electors met; (3) two certificates to the Archivist; and (4) one certificate to the judge of the U.S. district court of the district in which the electors met (3 U.S.C. §11).

December 23, 2020: Certificates Must Be Delivered to the Designated Officials
    Certificates of electoral vote results must be delivered to above mentioned officers by the fourth Wednesday in December, in 2020, by December 23 (3 U.S.C. §12).
    Failure to Deliver Certificates by December 23

If the certificates from any state have not been delivered by December 23, 2020, the President of the Senate, or in their absence the Archivist, is required to request the secretary of state or equivalent officer in that state to send one of the copies they hold to the President of the Senate by registered mail (3 U.S.C. §12, 13). The Code also directs them to send a messenger to the judge of the U.S. district court in the state directing the judge to transmit the certificate they hold by “hand ... to the seat of government.”

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yes, but... the debate about the Gore/Bush thing was insanely close. In this case, Trump fucking LOST. He lost the popular vote (again) and lost the electoral college. He doesn't have jack shit. He is just such a big baby and he's used to stomping his feet and getting his way. Everything about this is just unfortunate, but he will eventually put on his big boy pants (maybe with some help) and get the fuck out of my life.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

perfectly normal meeting. nothing to worry about at all.

also me:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I don't understand, He watched over as thousands of American people died from a pandemic he refused to acknowledge, mocked people protesting to not be killed because of their race, told basically nazi's to "stand by", and now is refusing to accept people voted against him and throwing everything Americans stand for under the bus and people, somehow, STILL SUPPORT HIM. I do not understand the world at the best of times, but this is just fucking insanity to me!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this motherfucker...

He seems very nervous when speaking, breathless, his heart had to be close to exploding.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Y'know, I would love to be a fly on the wall during these flailing pathetic huddles... it's gotta be a montage of "no, that won't actually work" over and over and over again, while Trump sweats and eats McDonalds and slurps his diet Coke.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

it would be funnier if it weren't the country I'm currently living in I guess?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    At this point, if trump doesn't prove widespread voter fraud in the millions in a court of law (hint: he can't) then he is clearly guilty of treason.

These are the only two outcomes. I hope the CIA and FBI step in and do their jobs to save the country.

And Mcconnell, Barr, all of them are also guilty of treason after this plays out. Without democracy this whole thing crumbles, and they seem to want it to.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    that's not gonna happen @burnmotherfucker! and you gotta know that.

Similarly, all these stalling tactics and pathetic bullshit from the Trump team aren't going anywhere. This will all go according to plan.

The problem is, Trump is seeding this conspiracy theory about election fraud that, no matter how ridiculous it is, is never going to go away.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    that's not gonna happen @burnmotherfucker! and you gotta know that.

Similarly, all these stalling tactics and pathetic bullshit from the Trump team aren't going anywhere. This will all go according to plan.

The problem is, Trump is seeding this conspiracy theory about election fraud that, no matter how ridiculous it is, is never going to go away.
    Oh, of course it won't happen! But it is true that he is willfully sowing distrust in democracy and weakening the country on purpose. That IS treason.

-the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government

People still think Obama is a Muslim Arab born in Africa. They still think pizza-gate is real. Of course the conspiracy will never go away. People will probably commit acts of violence when they see Trump will be removed.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This part scares me. There's nothing he can do legally.

But if he installs his own people in the intelligence communities and at the head of the military.....is the law going to matter?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    When I hear Trump supporters talking about PA recounts and a second term, I think of:

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    At this point, if trump doesn't prove widespread voter fraud in the millions in a court of law (hint: he can't)
    Whenever I see these idiots on social media talking about sworn statements and witnesses etc., this gives me joy:

Last edited by allegro; 11-10-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Last edited by allegate; 11-10-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Someone needs to put Trump’s head on the last guy he says to give his pen back to:

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So is the plan to:

1: Refuse to give concession speech, so his supporters stay riled up
    2: Spread as much misinformation about voter fraud as possible, so that it sticks
    3: Have the GOP secretly congrat Biden, to keep the Democrats satisfied, while publicly still supporting Trump to spread further disinformation
    4: Stack the Pentagon with loyalists to keep it on-side
    5: Have a standoff with the electoral college, litigate, threaten, use Brooks Brothers riot as a playbook, etc, try to replace them with faithless electors
    6: Have the election decided by the GOP in the House of Representatives (by delegation at the state level, so Red states, as there's more of them)
    7: Stay President?

Am I reading this right?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    in a (much closer) 1876 election, the losing candidate (Tilden) also didn't concede and it was so close that both candidates planned an inauguration day. It wasn't until two days before inauguration day that Tilden cancelled his inauguration. There was almost a gathering of people to storm the White House in a violent way, but this did not come to pass. Hayes had to be sworn in in secret. The Compromise of 1877 came from this election.

In 1916, both candidates declared victory. It wasn't until late November that the loser (Hughes) conceded.

crazy shit has happened in this country. looks like we can have a Tilden/Hughes situation here. maybe worse.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can Biden not just as easliy shitcan all the loyalists Trump is trying to stuff into the Pentagon at this last minute?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12...uncil-election

“There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised,”

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should, too,”

“When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”

The joint statement comes after Bryan Ware, the assistant director for cybersecurity at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, known as C.I.S.A., submitted his resignation on Thursday.