Page 34 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Just to be clear that’s not what a lame duck is.

no it really is not... and that’s circular logic... we’re about to accuse each other of accusing each other of things

and I really don’t intend to seem like I’m coming at you here, I think we agree. I just flinch when people say he shouldn’t be taken seriously. I know he’s ridiculous. But... it just reminds me of when HUFFPO refused to cover Trump under politics and instead relegated him to “entertainment”
    I looked up the definition of a lame duck before I tossed the word out there to refresh my 6th grade knowledge prior to posting. It's basically a worthless president on his way out. I consider Trump as such. Only fault with me labeling him one is that there's not elected official after him while he's in his last term. I mostly just consider the term a definition for labelling something worthless.

My jaded opinion on the matter for the whole rant was that we hold the presidency to such high standards that we ignore all the worthless assholes in Congress for any of the blame for what we experience during each term. They're equally as responsible for the knee jerk reactions from voters when Presidential Elections come around. Status quo never changing is why we got Trump. He was "different" so people took a gamble on him. It failed. For some reason that's the only election in this country people seem to worry about is the Presidential one and I never understood why.

That was my whole tirade about focusing in on him by analyzing his ridiculous shit and being serious about it. Most of his shit is theatrical hamming it up for the public. I just don't think the dysfunction in the government should only be rested on his shoulders. His cabinet (every fucking stupid firing and hiring cycle) and Congress are as much to blame as he is.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    a lame duck isn't that it's "worthless," it's that it's "powerless." Trump is clearly not there yet. I don't wanna be a stickler for it, but it's the point of a "lame duck." They can't do anything. Trump seems unstoppable for whatever reason. He's the opposite right now, even if he looks like he's "definitely going to lose."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Technically, a lame duck President is one in their second term or has already been replaced. So the term isn’t being used correctly, here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_(politics)

I understand the temptation to believe that Trump thinks he’s a lame duck so he can suffer no consequences; but that’s clearly not true: If he’s not re-elected, he can be criminally indicted on all of the charges for which he was impeached, plus more currently pending in the SDNY. The statute of limitations on those run out during what would be his second term. If he’s serving as President, he can’t be indicted per the OLC memo and the statute would have tolled by the time he’d finished his second term.

Which is why he’s lying, cheating and stealing to win this election.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-10-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's because people kept saying things like this in 2106 that led to us casually electing this
    Oh crap, not good. :-)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Oh crap, not good. :-)
    Watch out and don't say I didn't warn you

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Technically, a lame duck President is one in their second term or has already been replaced. So the term isn’t being used correctly, here.
    I've seen the point extended to describe a president who has no real power, or is in whatever we'd call the opposite of a supermajority. But yes.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    trump going on twitter and saying “play college football” is so fucking atrocious. i do not care about any football but at this point it’s 100% his fault we can’t do college football. rapid testing and tracing are the only way. he needs to come around to this somehow or it’s gonna be a long winter.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wait, so they want kids to play sports for no money and the chance to catch a disease that the military is actively screening against for entry?

Fucking repellent.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    wait, so they want kids to play sports for no money and the chance to catch a disease that the military is actively screening against for entry?

Fucking repellent.
    But I'm told America needs football.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    But I'm told America needs football.
    sounds like a biden campaign slogan to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Finally, the Onion is getting the hang of how to satirize this.

Holy shit... this article is 2 years old.
    This has got to stop.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-11-2020 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump said today that the NBA players are in "big trouble...bigger trouble than they understand" because they have been outspoken/kneeling during the anthem.

The NBA has become a new target, because the right knows that the greatest concentration of Black wealth in the country is there.

Not that I want to see college football happen, or the NFL, but if it does, one can expect the same type of unification that the NBA players have.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump said today that the NBA players are in "big trouble...bigger trouble than they understand" because they have been outspoken/kneeling during the anthem.

The NBA has become a new target, because the right knows that the greatest concentration of Black wealth in the country is there.

Not that I want to see college football happen, or the NFL, but if it does, one can expect the same type of unification that the NBA players have.
    It hasn't happened at every MLB game, but the Blue Jays VS Tampa Bay Rays did it on their opening day. And the Rays also tweeted this:

EDIT: Also, seriously, what the fuck is the cheeto going to do about it? Is he going to order them shut down due to COVID? Is he going to try to impose a basketball tax? Is he going to send in his hired goons to take the players away in unmarked vans?

Honestly, that's a serious question. Him declaring the NBA to be a branch of antifa and throwing all the players in Guantanamo doesn't seem all that far fetched anymore.
    Last edited by M1ke; 08-11-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    We need to start burning the flag. Fuck this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “Bigger trouble than they understand” is RACIST because it’s clearly indicating his belief that BLACK BASKETBALL PLAYERS are TOO IGNORANT to know what they are doing.

He’s such a piece of shit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    more:
    Trump went on to criticize players taking the knee in the NBA, saying there was a “nastiness” about players’ peaceful protests, but praised the predominantly white National Hockey League, saying its players “respected the mores, they respected what they’re supposed to be doing.”

Toward the end of the interview, Travis also asked the president who he considers the better player between Michael Jordan or LeBron James. In what Travis lauded as a “perfect answer,” Trump picked Jordan as “he wasn’t political, so people like him better.”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump used a word like mores in a sentence and it wasn't referencing s'mores? fucking wild.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    On the heels of the shooting around WH yesterday, realistically what would happen if Trump were assassinated? Like, would his odd hold on people disappear or would it push people further in that direction?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Like, would his odd hold on people disappear...
    Fuuuuck no. They'd see him as a martyr.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You Americans missed your daily history lesson, yesterday:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Fuuuuck no. They'd see him as a martyr.
    They might, but nobody else is twisted enough to take his place and be anything other than a pretender, they wouldn't be able to command his base the way he does. Pence would be president until November. Pence or someone else would try to rally his base, and they would fail.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    They might, but nobody else is twisted enough to take his place and be anything other than a pretender, they wouldn't be able to command his base the way he does. Pence would be president until November. Pence or someone else would try to rally his base, and they would fail.
    it's almost a given that Donald Trump Jr will run in the future.
    this is just the beginning of the nightmare, I fear...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    it's almost a given that Donald Trump Jr will run in the future.
    I think we're tired of this, for a while. They'll reboot it later, but Don Jr will be told to fuck off if he tries. And then he will dutifully (as he's always done when told) fuck off.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think Jr will be indicted, first.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Ivanka will be indicted, too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

can it just be November already?