Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I like that the episodes are mostly self contained vignettes. There's a loose thread tying them all together but ultimately each episode is it's own thing and I feel like I've like each one more than the last. I love it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I like that the episodes are mostly self contained vignettes. There's a loose thread tying them all together but ultimately each episode is it's own thing and I feel like I've like each one more than the last. I love it.
    The last episode was a bit weak as far as self contained out of the bunch for me, but I agree. Some realllly cool shots here like the Burr strobe scene; I was nerding out during that segment.

Spoiler: How the fuck did what's his name survive that door?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Argh pretty cool to see the Mandalorian in action again, but I really despised the casting on this and the make-up. The concept art looked way cooler than what ended up on screen. The fighting was excellent though!

Yet, absolutely no story progression again and no pay-off for that cliffhanger we got last week. Well, I won't complain about length and story anymore and from now on see this show as my new Saturday morning cartoon that consists of closed off episodes loosely connected to each other.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-14-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The last episode was a bit weak as far as self contained out of the bunch for me, but I agree. Some realllly cool shots here like the Burr strobe scene; I was nerding out during that segment.

Spoiler: How the fuck did what's his name survive that door?
    Spoiler: I'm guessing Devaronians are made out of fire and brimstone lol

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Argh pretty cool to see the Mandalorian in action again, but I really despised the casting on this and the make-up. The concept art looked way cooler than what ended up on screen. The fighting was excellent though!

Yet, absolutely no story progression again and no pay-off for that cliffhanger we got last week. Well, I won't complain about length and story anymore and from now on see this show as my new Saturday morning cartoon that consists of closed off episodes loosely connected to each other.
    Have to fully agree with this on all accounts. With only two more episodes for the season, it's clear that we're not going to get much further in the story until the second season, which I find kinda annoying.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So far I've really enjoyed every episode, I like how their loosely connected. This is the only thing I've truly enjoyed that Disney put out.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    It's still a great watch and I really love the character, but it's ultimately a big fucking tease. I just wish this would be a bit more movie like. But all nitpicking aside I'm really locking forward to the last two episodes!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    do i need to put this in a spoiler tag? if so, i'll edit.

my wife and i really did not like episode 6. five (of the six) guest stars, all of whom i love, and not a single likable character between them? heists are supposed to be fun and that was just painful to slog through (other than mando's fighting with both the droids and then the other characters). the moment when baby yoda looks at its hand like "...did i? what?" was its cutest moment yet, but it didn't make up for the rest of the episode. also liked the very end when the x-wings arrived.

i didn't care about it not advancing the story, i like that every episode has been mostly self-contained, i'm just happy to hang out with our two main characters. and i loved the previous two, which have (relatively) low ratings on IMDB, compared to 6, which has a much higher rating. i don't get it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I dunno i didn't think those mercenary characters really needed to be likeable, they're the scum of the universe that the Mando has (or had) to deal with on a regular basis. Shouldn't they have been a bunch of ass hats?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. We got to see the seedy underbelly of bounty hunting and Mando outsmarted and outlasted the pack.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Well, I'd have to agree but still... I didn't enjoy spending time with those characters. Of course they don't have to be likeable but they weren't cool in any way and I really thought that the Twilek makeup on both of them looked pretty shitty. Every character was a complete ass-hat in that episode besides Mando himself.

Kudos for the Filoni cameo and the X-Wings, though and yup, I really really love the design of the razor crest btw. It's a fucking solid show from front to back and I have accepted the run-time and self-containment of the episodes. It's very enjoyable although I would have wished for a little bit more flesh on the bones.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I did really hate the entire characterization of the Twilek girl. Like that type is pretty done.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is anyone else bothered by the use of random baby samples for The Child/Kid/Baby Yoda? It just seems so lazy to me.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I indeed recognized that they are pretty loud in the mix from time to time. And I would love for him to have something more to do. But I really get huge Gizmo-vibes from him and his cuteness.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Just read this week's episode will be up on Wednesday and will have something (I would guess SOTS-related) after the credits.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Just read this week's episode will be up on Wednesday and will have something (I would guess SOTS-related) after the credits.
    yeah there's some kind of sneak peak of the new film (which i am seeing on thursday) so i will be avoiding that like the plague. i haven't watched anything since the original teaser and i'm not changing that now. it's been hilarious when an ad has come on and my wife and i plug our ears, look down at the floor, and both go LALALALALALALALALA

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    watched E6 yesterday and there really wasn't anything to like about any of the new characters. I mean, I like The Kurgan well enough but that was just too much bro anger. Bill Burr is whatever. Both Twis were terrible. Moss was the only one I liked and he was a robot.

WTF was up with the ending? "is it a tracker" "seems like a tracker" "yup it's a tracker" *proceeds to blow the hell out of the tracker*

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah there's some kind of sneak peak of the new film (which i am seeing on thursday) so i will be avoiding that like the plague. i haven't watched anything since the original teaser and i'm not changing that now. it's been hilarious when an ad has come on and my wife and i plug our ears, look down at the floor, and both go LALALALALALALALALA
    My best friend basically treats ANY trailer for any movie he's remotely interested in this way. I think he's taken it to a kind of ridiculous level, but I do understand the desire to go in as blind as possible to preserve surprises and avoid spoilers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wow, alot of emotions in this episode.

This is the best show on a streaming platform right now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Episode was grand, with a brilliant casting choice at the end of it. But the end though **sheds tear**

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Damn, that was a very harrowing episode.

Cant wait for the finale.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my heart :'(

that was such a good episode. did they actually film parts of it in a volcanic area? that looked so real. and the fuckin' Spoiler: DRAGONS!? i know that's not really what they were...but that's totally what they were.

also, totally didn't realize that cara dune has a rebel alliance insignia tattooed on her cheek...i thought it was a birthmark haha

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    That's what I'm talking about! Hell of an episode and finally some overlaying story. Can't wait for the pay-off! And the CGI in this is leaps and bounds better than the first few episodes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I had no idea Spoiler: Giancarlo Esposito was cast in this show.... What a treat!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 12-19-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my heart :'(

that was such a good episode. did they actually film parts of it in a volcanic area? that looked so real. and the fuckin' Spoiler: DRAGONS!? i know that's not really what they were...but that's totally what they were.

also, totally didn't realize that cara dune has a rebel alliance insignia tattooed on her cheek...i thought it was a birthmark haha
    it's possible they filmed in a location but the tech they're using doesn't require them to go to that many locations.

https://qz.com/1754288/disney-is-try...e-mandalorian/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ack! What an episode!! Hell of a cliff hanger.... and =(

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    First cliffhanger from a TV series I've seen in awhile that made me annoyed.

Luckily only one week to go.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I'll be mad if the last episode is only 30 minutes and full of joy if they come up with a nice long 1h episode. Let's see! There's plenty to unfold with this last one! And it's Waitit's episode after all....

And wow:

Strange that Filoni's episode turned out to be the worst, yet I didn't think it was THAT bad. Gotta agree on episode 6 though...
    Last edited by dlb; 12-23-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Questionable dialogue here and there, but overall satisfying conclusion for the finale. I'm going nuts thinking where season 2 is going to go!!!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Spoiler: HOLY SHIT, MOFF GIDEON HAS THE DARK SABER!

youtube.com/watch?v=VFQAGrF1NrI

youtube.com/watch?v=XD9i6Du1u8E

youtube.com/watch?v=apucPzdk3ec

Removed embed and just posted text links as not to spoil. Sorry @SM Rollinger
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 12-27-2019 at 07:47 PM.