Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Tool: Fear Inoculum

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I put it after Descending. I worked with some cross fades and now Legion Inoculant has the intro from Descending in it and the outro from Descending is part of Recusant ad Infinitum. Descending now starts at the guitar riff similar to how Invincible starts. Upon first listening, I like the way this flows better. Times are as follows....

05 Legion Inoculant 4:16
    06 Descending 11:57
    07 Recusant ad Infinitum 7:04

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Been out of the loop for awhile now. Honestly, I kind of forgot this album came out. Was excited to see there was another track with the video, just to learn it is again a bunch of fucking noise. Every track that they released after the official release I deleted off my track list; none of them in my opinion fit the album at all. Fucking Tools...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Been out of the loop for awhile now. Honestly, I kind of forgot this album came out. Was excited to see there was another track with the video, just to learn it is again a bunch of fucking noise. Every track that they released after the official release I deleted off my track list; none of them in my opinion fit the album at all. Fucking Tools...
    You may have not noticed this because you stole it, but all of these were on the official release (the limited CD which included the video soundtrack on the speaker, and the download card included had the remaining segues).
    Last edited by botley; 12-15-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    You may have not noticed this because you stole it, but all of these were on the official release (the limited CD which included the video soundtrack on the speaker, and the download card included had the remaining segues).
    Oops... I didn't mean to say official lol. I was well aware since I had to wait because, yes, I did steal it. Still, my position stands as typical Tool filler. I hold appreciation for some filler tracks in the past, but I prefer them being absent from the final product of FI.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I was shocked to see 2 dozen of the new book editions of the album at my local Target on sale for $30. Lol

https://www.target.com/p/tool-fear-i...d/-/A-78780994

I will say, it does seem pretty cheaply made...
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 12-16-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Listening to the record after you finally learned every song and their time signature shifts and drum fills is so much more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I still listen to Pneuma / Descending multiple times a day, with 7empest coming in hard anytime I feel like listening to 4 minutes of Adam Jones wanking it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I definitely would go for some 7empest live. Hopefully they do finally pull that one out this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So now that it has been a few months, how do people feel about this album living up to the 12-14 year wait? I'd like to hear what some of you think especially because I remember people being so critical of the band. As for me? Yeah it sucked that we got nothing new for that 12-14 year stretch but I'm of the opinion that if the band did not have the drive to put out something they would be happy with, then why bother?

Anyway, I loved the album when it released and haven't really stopped listening to it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    So now that it has been a few months, how do people feel about this album living up to the 12-14 year wait? I'd like to hear what some of you think especially because I remember people being so critical of the band. As for me? Yeah it sucked that we got nothing new for that 12-14 year stretch but I'm of the opinion that if the band did not have the drive to put out something they would be happy with, then why bother?

Anyway, I loved the album when it released and haven't really stopped listening to it.
    I just picked it back up last week, after listening to it non-stop when it was release to the end of the last year and taking a break beginning of this year

It's even better than I remembered.

It's not my favorite Tool album (Undertow) or their best (Lateralus) but it was worth the wait

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's decent, about on par with 10k.

I'm so glad I avoided spoilers and I got to hear Invincible and Descending for my first time being performed BY the band and not a recording! What a treat! Goosebumps the whole time and I probably even teared up a little.

I'm sure the band has a lot more material in the works, IIRC Danny even said much. Hopefully now that they have their legal and contract issues resolved they can put out material quicker.

I still maintain thats why it took so long to release FI.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-25-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    We need some legions of inoculant right now, I’ll say that much.