Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool: Fear Inoculum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fear Inoculum is the prog album I wanted to hear. I don't look at it strictly as a "Tool album". I wanted to have a new prog album like Frances the Mute or Animals, with long songs, with great musicians, with great instrumental parts, a great singer, without being stretched by weird experimental weird sounds. Fear Inoculum answered that itch for me, and it is fantastic. It becomes even greater that it's Tool, cause of everybody in it, how much I love Maynard's voice, Danny's drumming, and Adam and Justin's sounds.

(On a side note, having the ability to skip the interludes doesn't change how I feel about the album, it's a none issue for me. Same goes for Frances the Mute, I can skip intros and outros and it's one hell of an album).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It's been a couple of months and I only really find myself going back to 7empest now. It seems I enjoy 10,000 Days the most out of any Tool record really. That said, I'd definitely hit a UK show up if one happened next year.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Has anyone who ordered the second wave of CDs through the band's store received their cop(y/ies) yet? I e-mailed them to see about an update, but I haven't gotten a response. I thought they were supposed to start shipping last month.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Has anyone who ordered the second wave of CDs through the band's store received their cop(y/ies) yet? I e-mailed them to see about an update, but I haven't gotten a response. I thought they were supposed to start shipping last month.
    A friend of mine received her copy a few weeks ago. Seems like they're going out in waves.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
    an expanded book edition of fear inoculum will be released on dec. 13, with a pre-order available now: https://smarturl.it/toolfiexb.the new iteration of fear inoculum includes 5 x 3d lenticular cards with exclusive graphics, an expanded 56 page booklet with additional never-before-seen art, a download of the groundbreaking immersive visual experience (video), “recusant ad infinitum,” and a cd.
    lol

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Did anyone rip the audio from the packaging thing yet?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Lmaooooo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Did anyone rip the audio from the packaging thing yet?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    is that fucking gaffer tape? is the whole thing a joke?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Lotta balls announcing a second edition when they haven't delivered on all the first edition orders.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    It looks like a mock-up to me. Still, yes, fucking clown car this whole thing has been.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Could be a mock-up but also back in the day a lot of the deluxe 'with book' versions of albums have that taped up spine. Could be worse, IIRC the Smashing Pumpkins 'Zeitgeist' book literally had like button snaps. It looked awful.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    If it's a joke then they've managed to convince places like Revolver, Spin, Metal Injection, etc., that it' real. This shit is in extremely bad taste, not sure why I try and defend this band sometimes. Opeth, for example, made it abundantly clear that they would be releasing a deluxe edition of their latest album (eventually) before the original was ever released (like they did with Sorceress).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Whatever, I bought it.

Joke all you want, it's $35 for another edition of this album that will surely resell for triple that price later on down the road. Also, it's not tape on the side, it's fabric, like the Radiohead box sets.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Also, it's not tape on the side, it's fabric, like the Radiohead box sets.
    We know what it's supposed to be. That it looks like is something different.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Seems like this is the "normal" version after the "special" version with the built-in screen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Whatever, I bought it.

Joke all you want, it's $35 for another edition of this album that will surely resell for triple that price later on down the road. Also, it's not tape on the side, it's fabric, like the Radiohead box sets.
    i know it's supposed to resemble the hessian fabric binding that a lot of releases have, but if you look in one of the images in that facebook post, you can clearly see that it's gaffer tape that isn't fully adhered.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i know it's supposed to resemble the hessian fabric binding that a lot of releases have, but if you look in one of the images in that facebook post, you can clearly see that it's gaffer tape that isn't fully adhered.
    Completely off topic, but it warms my heart that you know what gaff tape is lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd personally prefer this new version, since I don't really care much about the first edition's screen deal. I'd rather have a slew of artwork to check out. I e-mailed them to see if I could switch my order to that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

i was the sound designer/composer/de facto assistant stage manager for a storefront theater company for 5 years

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    @eversonpoe strikes me as the type that knows at least a little bit about a great many, varied things.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have a danny version of the screen thing, unopened if anybody wants it, id much rather get this new one instead.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I'd personally prefer this new version, since I don't really care much about the first edition's screen deal. I'd rather have a slew of artwork to check out. I e-mailed them to see if I could switch my order to that.
    Yeah, I'm glad I didn't buy into that ridiculously over-priced video version. This I can get behind. I'll bite. Glad I waited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm gotta milk that money.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

i was the sound designer/composer/de facto assistant stage manager for a storefront theater company for 5 years
    Very cool! I work in local TV news/production so it's a commonly used thing for me. My husband thinks I'm making it up; at a Home Depot type store near Coachella one year I was asking where to find it for our tent and the employee had no idea what I asking for, so that really didn't help my case lmfao.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I am fucking SHOOK that apparently people don't know what gaffer tape is???

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm gotta milk that money.
    Or else, maybe, they want a physical version in print that doesn't require a friggin' battery to operate, idk.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Or else, maybe, they want a physical version in print that doesn't require a friggin' battery to operate, idk.
    Multiple versions are fine. But to announce / release a $45-50 edition with no mention of a less expensive edition later on is bad form. Plus there are people still waiting on their fancy-screen-package orders and it seems like no one from the Tool camp can be bothered to address the issue.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-14-2019 at 02:40 PM. Reason: phrasing

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Multiple versions are fine. But to announce / release a $45-50 edition with no mention of a less expensive edition later on is bad form. Plus there are people still waiting on their fancy-screen-package orders and it seems like no one from the Tool camp can be bothered to address the issue.
    And adding onto that, I'm sure there are vinyl people who are assuming there won't be a vinyl version, so they buy this. Then in another 3-4 months, the vinyl version is announced. Or a standard jewel-case cd version or some shit.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Multiple versions are fine. But to announce / release a $45-50 edition with no mention of a less expensive edition later on is bad form. Plus there are people still waiting on their fancy-screen-package orders and it seems like no one from the Tool camp can be bothered to address the late orders.
    For clarification, this does not mean you have to know every edition planned for a release. The shady part comes in with announcing this 1 month out from release, 3 months from release of the original version. You'd have a tough time convincing the majority of people that this information wasn't known about beforehand and purposefully withheld. I understand that a mock up of a product can theoretically take little to no time, but home delivery is a month out, this was planned.