OK so i'm 50 hours in Persona 5 Royal...and i know i said Ghost of Tsushima is my Game of the Year...but Persona might nick that, i bloody ADORE this game! It's the most perfect anime game i've played, as someone that draws alot this whole experience is just so visually striking, and the writing is so SO good.

As an example, i'm 50 hours in and have been trying to do everything with all my favorite characters, and having spent 5 hours beating Futaba's palace i got out and triggered one of Ann's events, which lead to a chance to enter a relationship with her...and i didn't mean to. Now thats not to say i didn't want to, i just haven't met all the romanceable characters and want to know them before i commit (you can't break up after and i don't wanna cheat...this is how much the writing has me!) so i reset my save...to BEFORE Futaba's palace, and my instant reaction was "cool now i can redo some of my persona's and focus on other characters to build with"...that's how good the game is to me! I'm probably going to New Game + for other character romances too.