Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Servers are gone for it, but we can go direct connect with vanilla. And getting it from GOG helps a lot.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm currently jumping back and forth between MK1 and Octopath Traveller 2, which I'm really into. I was starting to feel like I wasn't into JRPGs anymore, since I really disliked Chained Echoes and Sea of Stars. Maybe it's because those weren't actually made by Japanese studios, but Octopath Traveller 2 is great.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm currently jumping back and forth between MK1 and Octopath Traveller 2, which I'm really into. I was starting to feel like I wasn't into JRPGs anymore, since I really disliked Chained Echoes and Sea of Stars. Maybe it's because those weren't actually made by Japanese studios, but Octopath Traveller 2 is great.
    I'm currently playing Sea of Stars, and while there are some nice nods... It seems very rudimentary atm, and the character art looks like the drawings you would find in elementary school text books.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-25-2023 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I'm currently playing Sea of Stars, and while there are some nice nods... It seems very rudimentary atm, and the character art looks like the drawings you would find in elementary school text books.
    I read some glowing review for it that gave it a perfect score, and I can't believe they were playing the same game as me. Sea of Stars starts off with THE most tedious and boring intro segment for an RPG I've ever played through, and then when it finally gets started it's still boring, and everything that has happened up to this point could be easily summarized in one or two sentences.

And yeah, I can't stand the character art.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm pretty deep into Lies of P and I love it. It is definitely a Bloodborne clone, but it has some really good QOL improvements and it is very unique. Highly recommended if you like those type of games.

Artwork is excellent, and it seems to be bug free.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm pretty deep into Lies of P and I love it. It is definitely a Bloodborne clone, but it has some really good QOL improvements and it is very unique. Highly recommended if you like those type of games.

Artwork is excellent, and it seems to be bug free.
    I have so many games in my backlog I need to get through, but otherwise I would have picked that up. It looked interesting. How difficult is it, by comparison to Bloodborne? I like challenging games, but lately I haven't been handling stressful games too well. I got ok at the new MK, but I'm not going to go deep in online competition.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I have so many games in my backlog I need to get through, but otherwise I would have picked that up. It looked interesting. How difficult is it, by comparison to Bloodborne? I like challenging games, but lately I haven't been handling stressful games too well. I got ok at the new MK, but I'm not going to go deep in online competition.
    It's pretty hard, maybe comparable to Bloodborne IMO. Bloodborne may be slightly harder...this seems cheaper IMO. They do have summons, but they are bots and not online people.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Started playing Lords of the Fallen (the new one) and I really really like it so far (PC). I'll need to spend more time with it, but having this and Lies Of P recently for a Souls player is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I just finished 100%ing Octopath Traveler 2. The final optional boss, Galdera, is one of the most ridiculous turn-based RPG things I've ever seen. You have to prep your party with rare items and status, and then, even if you do everything right, you need to luck out on your turn order, because if his second form gets to the point where he starts attacking, you're dead. For the past week, I was giving it a shot a couple times in the morning every day, and finally I beat it, after adjusting my loadout a hundred times or so.

I don't think it ever got to the point where I was pissed at the game, but I'm glad that's over and I'm ready to move on to something else already.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just finished 100%ing Octopath Traveler 2. The final optional boss, Galdera, is one of the most ridiculous turn-based RPG things I've ever seen. You have to prep your party with rare items and status, and then, even if you do everything right, you need to luck out on your turn order, because if his second form gets to the point where he starts attacking, you're dead. For the past week, I was giving it a shot a couple times in the morning every day, and finally I beat it, after adjusting my loadout a hundred times or so.

I don't think it ever got to the point where I was pissed at the game, but I'm glad that's over and I'm ready to move on to something else already.
    That's ridiculous, and makes a mockery of players' time. I have a hard time putting up with that stuff anymore...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Started playing Lords of the Fallen (the new one) and I really really like it so far (PC). I'll need to spend more time with it, but having this and Lies Of P recently for a Souls player is pretty awesome.
    If you were to compare to Elden Ring or one of the Dark Souls games, what would your thoughts be on that? I'm curious because it looks a lot like those games, but I'm not going to buy a $70 game just because it LOOKS like other games that I liked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If you were to compare to Elden Ring or one of the Dark Souls games, what would your thoughts be on that? I'm curious because it looks a lot like those games, but I'm not going to buy a $70 game just because it LOOKS like other games that I liked.
    I haven't played too much of it yet (maybe 3 hours), but it does have the feel of those games. There's a little jank here and there like most ripoffs, but it does have the same feeling. I would wait on buying it until they patch it...they seem to be doing patches almost daily for fixes, balance, etc. As with most modern gaming besides Nintendo, it's always good to wait a little bit IMO.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm not going to buy a $70 game just because it LOOKS like other games that I liked.
    It's also gotten pretty average reviews... And I thought it cost $80 for some reason. Usually they try to upsell you on some bonus crap to get you to pay $80 (or more) for the special edition, but I'm pretty sure there's no version of Lords of the Fallen on the PSN store that's less than $79.99

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's also gotten pretty average reviews... And I thought it cost $80 for some reason. Usually they try to upsell you on some bonus crap to get you to pay $80 (or more) for the special edition, but I'm pretty sure there's no version of Lords of the Fallen on the PSN store that's less than $79.99
    I agree with this review for the most part...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I might pick it up when it goes on sale, but at the moment Lies of P is calling out to me more, and it's cheaper MSRP.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I might pick it up when it goes on sale, but at the moment Lies of P is calling out to me more, and it's cheaper MSRP.
    Smart move...finished that a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It is on Gamepass as well if you have a PC/Xbox.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just platinumed Dead Space Remake, and it was a blast. But I cannot help, but still feel the original is still better.

I fired up my PS3 for the first time, in years, and it was such a nostalgia trip. Rememeber having to wait for the trophy list to sync, and load? UGH.

So I put Dead Space OG on, and wound up playing up to chapter 6 lol... Realized I only needed to upgrade all my weapons for yet, another platinum, so I'm finishing it over the weekend.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Just platinumed Dead Space Remake, and it was a blast. But I cannot help, but still feel the original is still better.

I fired up my PS3 for the first time, in years, and it was such a nostalgia trip. Rememeber having to wait for the trophy list to sync, and load? UGH.

So I put Dead Space OG on, and wound up playing up to chapter 6 lol... Realized I only needed to upgrade all my weapons for yet, another platinum, so I'm finishing it over the weekend.
    I got the platinum for Dead Space original, but I'm not even going to try for it w/ the remake. I felt it was a lot harder, and I can't imagine how frustrating Impossible mode would be. Some of the controls feel clunky, and you turn around so slowly... I did beat the game and I liked it, but I also felt the original is still better. One of the things they changed that I really disliked was how they made Isaac talk. It was much more immersive and creepy when he never spoke in the original. Adding that really destroyed something about the atmosphere for me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Alan Wake 2 is really good. It's like True Detective and Twin Peaks The Return had a baby. It's a narrative heavy survival horror game. It's gonna divide people due to the tone/combat change, but I love it so far.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Alan Wake 2 is really good. It's like True Detective and Twin Peaks The Return had a baby. It's a narrative heavy survival horror game. It's gonna divide people due to the tone/combat change, but I love it so far.
    Do you need to play the first to get the second, or would I be totally lost?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    You can play the second one without playing the first one but playing the first certainly helps. I’m playing the second one now and really like it.

If you don’t want to play the first; you can watch a recap of “last time on Alan wake” on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Playing Alan Wake II - IYKYK!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You don't have to, but I would, plus Control if you haven't. Control is very relevant to the game.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Super Mario Wonder is fun. I'm not going to over hype it as many have, and perhaps it does deserve all that hype, but it is certainly one of the most innovative games I've ever played.

Recently, I've been playing the hell out of some games that I played only a handful of times at most as a kid: the Mega Man series. I beat Mega Man 11 recently (on newcomer mode because I suck lol ) and it was just pure joy. In fact, I was playing it along with Wonder and I enjoyed MM11 more. So, that made me delve back into older titles...I downloaded a bunch of the collections. I'm starting with the first title of the original series, and the first X game. I remember renting the first Mega Man game in the late 80's/early 90s, I was like 5 years old and couldn't get past half of a level lol. But, it left an impression on me. A few years later, I had a friend who had X, and he let me borrow it. I was blown away! Of course, I barely got past the intro stage lol.

But, now I'm hooked, all things Mega Man! I got past my first boss in the original, and now have one maverick to go in X1. So pumped.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I got the platinum for Dead Space original, but I'm not even going to try for it w/ the remake. I felt it was a lot harder, and I can't imagine how frustrating Impossible mode would be. Some of the controls feel clunky, and you turn around so slowly... I did beat the game and I liked it, but I also felt the original is still better. One of the things they changed that I really disliked was how they made Isaac talk. It was much more immersive and creepy when he never spoke in the original. Adding that really destroyed something about the atmosphere for me.
    I actually found the remake to be easier, if not close to the same, but it was a long time since I had played the original. Having Isaac talk, I really did not dig all that much. Even in the original, when you're about to crash-land, the camera doesn't even let you pan all the way around, like the remake does. Really took some of the atmosphere out of the game, like you said.

There are little nuances from the original, that didn't make its way over to the remake, and there were many times I would say to myself "Why would they change that?" Overall, I had a good time, but even the opening title is better in the original lol.

Yea, I concur. Alan Wake is a deep story, that asks for your attention. I just platinumed the remastered version, and there is some context in there, that you would want to find out on your own, that the recap may not touch upon.

And Control is a MUST play, if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-29-2023 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Double post. Won't delete!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-29-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alan Wake 2 is everything I hoped for and more.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I haven’t played control but it’s in my library, maybe I’ll crack that open

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    You can play the second one without playing the first one but playing the first certainly helps. I’m playing the second one now and really like it.

If you don’t want to play the first; you can watch a recap of “last time on Alan wake” on YouTube

I was going to ask the same thing as Jinsai...is this the one you were talking about?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @Kodiak33

Probably this one

Ahhhh Alan Wake 2 has been a wild ride so far, I haven't seen any True Detective before not even season 1 but I think i can pick up on some of the vibe folks are seeing/feeling going from what I've heard about it.

Absolutely going for that David Lynch flavour though, turning it up to 11 from the first game and maybe even some David Fincher atmosphere as well. Along with Stephen King and other inspirations I'm sure.

I've played everything except American Nightmare (because arachnophobia) and I didn't finish Quantum Break yet but i know it's also involved in some way..even if not as directly referenced like Control.

What a world they've been building up though, i am thoroughly overjoyed and can i just say that what Remedy does with music set pieces in their games is unrivalled by anyone else.

Every time you get to experience those moments it stays with you forever and i love it!

Poets of the Fall and Old Gods of Asgard for the fucking win!