Page 63 of 129 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 3846

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    PC: I have TWO games installed now which is more than ever :-), Assetto Corsa is #1 for me (racing organized leagues), and DiRT Rally is going in interesting direction and I quite like it too.
    PS3: Did not start up for a while... but I will return to enjoy GT6 some day and relive Journey one more time.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    Picked up Driveclub today. I've been waiting for a good deal on it. Walmart's website has it listed for 21.88 and in store pickup while in store it's still full price. Price glitch? Anyway, yay me
    That game was such a let down for me, got burned with pre-order/season pass. Wish I would've waited for project cars, which I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    PC: I have TWO games installed now which is more than ever :-), Assetto Corsa is #1 for me (racing organized leagues)
    Isn't this the one coming to consoles next year? I saw the video for it, looks incredible!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Finally bought it. Can't wait to play the FFXV demo either. I'm diggin Type-0...A LOT.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

This game is AWESOME

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Finally bought it. Can't wait to play the FFXV demo either. I'm diggin Type-0...A LOT.

Very grind heavy. Wandered away from it. Was told that I needed to grind ALL OF THEM... meh... I'm ok with grinding. But that's a little much, imo. May go back to it, eventually.

Playing Sleeping Dogs. Love that game. So fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Everybody play Rocket League. Holy fuck what a fun game.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    Everybody play Rocket League. Holy fuck what a fun game.
    Yeah, I seriously want this, but I kind of want it to be cheaper. i'll probably wait for the steam christmas sale, although i'm tempted just to get it now. looks so great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, I seriously want this, but I kind of want it to be cheaper. i'll probably wait for the steam christmas sale, although i'm tempted just to get it now. looks so great.
    If you have a PS4, it's on PSN+ for free.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Alien: Isolation. Xenomorph, come at me bro! Far Cry 4 will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to play it. Isolation though has a great atmosphere. I'm an hour in and they are just now starting to talk about the "monster" For those who have beat it and the DLC, is the DLC worth it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

It's in an Open beta right now. It's super fun. You have an Xbox One you should check it out.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pokemon Gold. Love this game so much. Accidentally beat Red(the trainer) with a vastly underpowered squad.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Life Is Strange.

Easily in the top 3 games of the year, and it's beyond me how I only knew about it now. If you like The Walking Dead (telltale) type of storytelling/adventure games, or just like a good story in general where you can have a major influence in, then it's a must try.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ecco the Dolphin, via a Megadrive emulator. It's insanely difficult and unforgiving, I think it was an act of unbridled psychopathy to inflict this on kids.

It's still a great looking game though, which is the benefit of 2D sprite-based graphics - not held back by polygon count, the sophistication of the lighting engine, or the CPU's ability to handle physics processing. The only limiting factor is resolution, and while the 320x112 offered by the Megadrive isn't great, it's still enough to render something pretty.

Feels great to play, too. They really nailed the fundamental dynamic, it's precise and physics-y in the way that made Sonic work so well. Just a shame they then had to make it so prohibitively tough. Oh well, got the much easier, prettier and generally better sequel to look forward to.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

Ecco the Dolphin, via a Megadrive emulator. It's insanely difficult and unforgiving, I think it was an act of unbridled psychopathy to inflict this on kids.

It's still a great looking game though, which is the benefit of 2D sprite-based graphics - not held back by polygon count, the sophistication of the lighting engine, or the CPU's ability to handle physics processing. The only limiting factor is resolution, and while the 320x112 offered by the Megadrive isn't great, it's still enough to render something pretty.

Feels great to play, too. They really nailed the fundamental dynamic, it's precise and physics-y in the way that made Sonic work so well. Just a shame they then had to make it so prohibitively tough. Oh well, got the much easier, prettier and generally better sequel to look forward to.
    I remember playing that and having zero clue as to what I was supposed to do. Looked great for its time though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Should I buy Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut, people?

I bought it. It's good. Not quite Portal fun but super fun first person puzzle solving.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-25-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I WISH I was playing Bulletstorm... Anyone know how to install this shit without an internet connection?! Or alternatively, how to bring down the behemoth that is Microsoft for all their petty injustices?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Half the games on Genesis were insanely difficult (I wanted to generalize to the whole 16-bit era, but I only owned a Genesis).
    Nowadays the games just won't let you die. Back then you were happy when you learned that there were actual save points/codes, because you had three lives for the whole game and that was it. Fail too much, start over and suck it. That's how three hours of game ended up lasting for months. In the end you pretty much knew every level by heart, pure muscle memory...

And yeah, Ecco was a nightmare. So were Batman, Contra, Ninja Turtles...
    Man I have 16-Bit PTSD...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shadow of Mordor. I've recently gotten back into this game and there is this asshole Uruk captain who keeps killing me! I've had no problems with the war chiefs or anything else but this fucker poisons me and I'm dead in 2 hits. Every time I throw a different strategy and nothing gives. Last time I almost got him but there happened to be 3 other Uruk captains near by that joined in.
    -__- He's at like power level 17 because he's made me his bitch. Not even the war chiefs are that high. Still very fun though

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Half the games on Genesis were insanely difficult (I wanted to generalize to the whole 16-bit era, but I only owned a Genesis).
    Nowadays the games just won't let you die.
    I usually start games on the Hard difficulty... but if you want games that have challenge, have you played all the Dark Souls games? Bloodborne just might be my favorite game of all time, and it balances modern gameplay tuning with the best reasonable challenge I've ever played. Definitely my favorite game of the year, though I'm still enjoying the new Batman game.

RE: Type-0, it really felt like a game best suited for a portable platform. I still don't know why they didn't bring this out for VITA

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Nowadays the games just won't let you die. Back then you were happy when you learned that there were actual save points/codes, because you had three lives for the whole game and that was it. Fail too much, start over and suck it. That's how three hours of game ended up lasting for months. In the end you pretty much knew every level by heart, pure muscle memory...

And yeah, Ecco was a nightmare. So were Batman, Contra, Ninja Turtles...
    Man I have 16-Bit PTSD...
    That cockSUCKING dam level in Ninja Turtles...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been playing a lot of things recently like, Titanfall, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments. Sherlock has me interested again in Detective type games. My favorite so far is L.A. Noire and Crimes and Punishments is going to overtake that soon I think. What are some good detective games for the 360 or XBOX ONE? Also PC games are an option too, but my PC is a 2012 Toshiba. Any game recommendations are welcome. Although I do like the point and click quite a bit. Thank you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've been on a 'lets actually finish some games' kick recently. Admittedly these have all been little PSN games / narrative things.. But Vanishing of Ethan Carter was great, Entwined was fun for a PS+ freebie (but not quite fun enough for its Rez like art style), Roundabout is insanely fun, a true little gem of puzzley colourfulness... I'm nearing the end of MGS2 on the Vita, part of my 'get hype' plan for The Phantom Pain, but boy does that middle section of the game suck, it really picks back up past the Fatman fight though.

Now on my list is Bloodborne which I really want to get back into after getting distracted for a few months, Life is Strange which I've finally caved and picked up after the stellar reviews of nearly every episode and I just picked up Everybody's Gone to the Rapture becaue I've been waiting for that game for years.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How is Rapture? Is it worth the 20?

As for what I'm playing. Resident Evil HD and FFXIV.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    has anyone here played the puppet combo team's indie horror (babysitter bloodbath, power drill massace)? if they've already come up on the board, advanced apologies, but i just heard about them today. the style is so good and authentic to its influences. i don't play games on my computer (strictly console), but i want to buy a usb controller and start now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My free copy of Madden 16, which was sent a week before the official release. It was some random gift for "customer loyalty." I was stunned.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    My free copy of Madden 16, which was sent a week before the official release. It was some random gift for "customer loyalty." I was stunned.
    Any good? Haven't played one since 13, I think.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Any good? Haven't played one since 13, I think.
    I'm enjoying it. I like the Ultimate Team section of the game: A combination of fantasy football, card game and madden gameplay. The grind to build a better team is fun for me. I'm still trying to master the new passing controls: You have a lot more control of your receiver, once the ball is in the are.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Never really got into ultimate team. Just never really cared about it. I'll look into it though. If I remember right, I might have just skipped the last one. Hopefully, there's a demo.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I just downloaded Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver and Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PSN.

Because video games were better in the 90s.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Caved and bought Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Not bad. Already finished it. Will probably replay it again soon though. I'm not entirely sure on what exactly happened. And I think I may have accidently skipped some things.