Page 19 of 129 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Nostalgia trip continues. I suck!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can tell you what I will​ be playing next Tuesday.... VICE CITY!! Thanks Rockstar, time to get my Lance Vance on!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Vice City was so much fun! GTA: San Andreas, not so much. Haven't played GTA IV yet...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    I can tell you what I will​ be playing next Tuesday.... VICE CITY!! Thanks Rockstar, time to get my Lance Vance on!
    Only took them forever. Isn't it supposed to be remastered?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Only took them forever. Isn't it supposed to be remastered?
    Pretty sure it's just a PS2 classic release so no remastering or anything.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Vice City was so much fun! GTA: San Andreas, not so much. Haven't played GTA IV yet...
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!?!? Vice City was insanely fun, but I still think it was outdone by San Andreas. SA was just so completely over-the-top, the map was HUGE, the only thing I didn't absolutely 100% love about it was the story was too short / easy. IV was awesome too but it feels something is lacking. Visually, it's a little unappealing too, being set in foggy/dirty/dull New York, it's like they just desaturated everything to 50% grey. I'm really looking forward to V though, everything I've read and seen looks gorgeous.

--

Started a new character in Skyrim the other day. Does anyone know if the Hearthfire and Dawnguard DLCs are worth the price? Hearthfire looks like it might be fun to mess around with over a few hours, but I don't know anything about Dawnguard, though I have heard that there's another DLC coming out soon so I'm kind of expecting a price drop.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    yeah, San Andreas wins. That's the best GTA game (by far) to date in my opinion.

But "too short?!" I don't know, I remember logging about 40 hours into that game. seemed plenty long to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Occasionally, I'll pick San Andreas. Its much more difficult these days when reverting from current gen games. That, or I just suck at it now. There's a Ryder mission that I just cant get past.

But, San Andreas is easily the most ambitious of the series. Vice City's my personal favorite, all around.

And with Skyrim. Dawnguard is pretty fun. I recommend it. Haven't picked up Hearthfire though, and probably won't. If you're into creating a home in a game, go for it. I'm contemplating picking up the Dragonborn DLC.

I was playing New Vegas, screwed up and don't want to start over. So maybe Skyrim.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Vice City is just a ps2 port, but I think they should have remastered it like the 10th anniv edition.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Downloading 'Sleeping Dogs' for my PC. Very geeked. It's 10 bucks on Amazon right now. Other than that, it's been 'Black Ops 2', 'Bioshock 2' and 'Civilization 5' for the last few months. Looking forward to something new.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    yeah, San Andreas wins. That's the best GTA game (by far) to date in my opinion.

But "too short?!" I don't know, I remember logging about 40 hours into that game. seemed plenty long to me.
    Maybe "too short" was a poor choice of words, but compared to III and Vice City, it didn't seem to last very long.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Crysis 3 Beta is actually very fun after coming off of hours upon endless hours of BF3 it feels refreshing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Crysis 3 Beta is actually very fun after coming off of hours upon endless hours of BF3 it feels refreshing.
    Yeah, wasn't bad at all. I did awesome in Crash Site. I love killing fools by power throwing the shields at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got through Heavy Rain. Fucking loved it.

Since there are so many points where the story seems to change directions, a question to those who have done it: Is it worth playing through again? Does the story change much (without spoilers, of course)?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    Just got through Heavy Rain. Fucking loved it.

Since there are so many points where the story seems to change directions, a question to those who have done it: Is it worth playing through again? Does the story change much (without spoilers, of course)?
    I'd say it's worth it if you really loved it. I ended up going through and getting all the endings for the trophy. Some of the choices you make really change how the story turns out, some of the endings are really cool. I loved that game as well, one of these days I'm going to buy it to play through it again.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I d/l'ed this having never heard of it before. It was pretty cool!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just bought System Shock 2 from www.gog.com who have finally made it compatible with modern systems. Only up to the training level still but it's brimming with atmosphere already. I never played it at the time but heard so much raving about it that I had to try it out. (also got LA Noire for PS3 as a valentines present, i tend to alternate between laptop and console)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Cave story. Really good fun.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Super Hexagon.. my new favorite toilet game.. just one-upped jet pack joyride..

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've been playing some L.A. Noire again, catching up on some achievements that i missed like unlocking all 95 vehicles, racking up 47K of damage during a case, tailing a suspect without incognito or cover and things of that sort, hopefully I'll get my platinum for it soon enough (It's only taken me since i bought the game on release day to do it lmao). I also finally bought and downloaded all the DLC cases that came out for it so i have those to play.

Every once in a while I just love kinda taking a mental vacation and popping this game in for a free roam as well and bathing in all of the detailed looks and sounds of the 40s. I just love the era and I've always had a thing for film noir so playing around in black & white is even more amazing.

When occasion calls for using firearms in some of the street crimes that you can play over and over, that's always fun too especially the Bus Stop Shooting i think it's one of my favorites, open up a trunk and haul out a tommy gun and go crazy. Good times.

A lot of people gave this game flack basically calling the open world nature of it useless considering how linear the story was but I've always enjoyed it, sure there may not have been much to do in such an immense world once all was said and done but i still find reasons to go back and just have a drive down Sunset Blvd. or something, the scenery and graphics are just pleasure enough for me.

One of my favorite videos just showcasing all the cool landmarks and locations and how they look in the 40s era game world vs. now. Really cool stuff, so much research went in to making this game, just incredible.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Has anyone here played Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne? I'm having fun with it and the story is dark as hell, but holy shit, it is fucking unforgiving. It's hard as hell. Though it is really good. I love the SMT series.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 02-16-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Picked up unopened copies of Call Of Duty and Call Of Duty: United Offensive expansion today for $3 each. I'ma happy

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Just bought it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Just bought it.
    Awesome game.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Finished CarnEvil again. Such a fun, silly little horror shooter. It's like one big interactive Insane Clown Posse song (I mean, minus the whole Christian stuff underneath).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Beat Halo 4 with a friend a couple weeks ago and it got me in a Halo mood. Started up Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary since I bought it a long time ago and only ever played the first level and am loving it all over again, think I might actually try to get the 1000GS for it. Probably will play through the whole series again since there are some achievements I can clean up in 3 and ODST.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    GTAIV disc cracked and basically became useless years ago. Since then I've only been playing the Ballad Of Gay Tony and Lost And Damned DLC. This weekend, I finally spent the $20 to download on Games On Demand the original so I can pick back up on it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Beat Halo 4 with a friend a couple weeks ago and it got me in a Halo mood. Started up Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary since I bought it a long time ago and only ever played the first level and am loving it all over again, think I might actually try to get the 1000GS for it. Probably will play through the whole series again since there are some achievements I can clean up in 3 and ODST.
    Good luck! I have about half of Halo CEA achievements, almost all Reach achievements, barely any Halo 3 achievements, barely any ODST and a good chunk of 4's.

Halo 3 multiplayer achievements (assuming you haven't gotten any) will be a pain in the fucking ass to 100% (with DLC) now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ha yeah I just meant try for all the CEA ones, I won't go for any of the online achievements for the other games that I don't already have, I pretty much suck at Halo online. Just plan on finishing up any single player ones I can in the other games, I think CEA is the only one I have a chance of beating on Legendary since it has the infinite ammo skull and even then I kind of doubt I'll be able to do it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Holy hell, Pinball FX2 Star Wars tables are addicting like crack. My fingers are sore.